Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Griezmann Announces Decision To Remain At Atletico Madrid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Griezmann Announces Decision To Remain At Atletico Madrid (286 Views)

Kylian Mbappe Turns Down Real Madrid, To Remain At Paris Saint-Germain / Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United / Cristiano Ronaldo Faces Ban For Swearing At Atletico Madrid Fans (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Griezmann Announces Decision To Remain At Atletico Madrid by fabinfos(f): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2018
Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann has confirmed he will remain at the club despite interest from Barcelona, the France striker has finally buried speculation over his future.

Griezmann finally spoke out yesterday, in a bizarre production to reveal his future lies at the Wanda Metropolitano.

The player spoke to his father and brother in the documentary screened by Movistar as they gave him advice on his next move.

He also stroked his horses and played basketball with his sibling as the tension built ahead of his final decision.

"My fans, my team, my home," he finally exclaimed in a message that was also released simultaneously on his Twitter page and shared by his relieved club.

"I have decided to stay," said Griezmann.

"They are doing everything they can to keep Atletico growing and so that they can play the Champions League final, hopefully at home [in 2019].

"They are making an effort to bring top players. This is going to make a difference."

"I feel there are things to do with Atletico," Griezmann added.

"If they [Atleti] buy good players we can win the Champions League here and enter the history of the club. Here, I would make history. At Barcelona, I would just be one more.

"The decision I make is taken with 100 per cent certainty, as I did at Real Sociedad or when I came here. I will not regret it."

Pique wishes Griezmann the best following Barcelona snub

Gerard Pique has wished Antoine Griezmann success despite the Atletico Madrid star's decision to snub Barcelona.

Writing on Twitter, Pique thanked Griezmann for letting his documentary team witness his decision.

"Another way to see the footballer's life and his doubts to make the most important decision of his career," Pique tweeted.

"Thanks to the team at Kosmos Studios and especially to Griezmann for these last few weeks.

"You decided to stay at Atleti and I hope you go great this season!"

Griezmann scored 29 goals in 48 games for Atletico last season, as Diego Simeone's men battled to second place in La Liga and also lifted the Europa League.

Though the 27-year-old won the Europa League, he is still searching for a La Liga and Champions League crown with the capital side after joining from Sociedad in 2014

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/griezmann-announces-decision-to-remain-at-atletico-madrid/

Lalasticlala, semid4lyfe, honeric01

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2018 Live : Egypt 0 -1 Uruguay / Denmark Vs Australia LINE-UPS: Schone Replaces Injured Kvist / FIFA World Cup 2018: Switzerland Beat Serbia 2-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.