Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. (20222 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / How I Got Infected With HIV / Catholic Priest Infected With Ebola In Congo As Bishops Pray For Him Afar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by TylerDurden: 11:10am On Jun 15, 2018
The virus is still in his blood stream and can be spread even through sex.

Nobody gets healed of Ebola, you only survive the fever and the virus remains in your body only to pop out whenever your immune collapses.

Consider Ebola like Malaria. You will never get cured of the virus but you can manage it.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by bedspread: 11:12am On Jun 15, 2018
All Praise and Thanks to BIG BEING ABOVE.. THE ALMIGHTY GOD

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by RiyadhGoddess(f): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2018
Aliamdullilah
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by heinrichy(m): 11:18am On Jun 15, 2018
Glory be to God Almighty

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2018
Arysexy:

Doctors treat, God heals.

Haven't you seen those that died after being treated? Ebola of all sickness? His survival has divine connection, not only the scientific treatment.

Science and Religion can really go together if we use our brains

Exactly the bolded i had a neighbour who lpst hos life because his religion os against blood transfussion

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by udocity2: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2018
wonderful GOD,Thank YOU

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Ifeshyne(f): 11:43am On Jun 15, 2018
This is great news, thank you Jesus!

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by stasius: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2018
Thank God for him.

But please nobody should have sex with him. He can still transfer the virus via his semen. Some of the virus will still be lurking in his seminal fluid.

The good thing is that he can't get Ebola again. He is now immune to the virus.
Congratulations father!
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by thatigboman: 11:59am On Jun 15, 2018
LochOtieno:
he should be quarantined aleast an extra 21 days to be fully sure.
are u better than the doctors that have clean bill of health?
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
thatigboman:

am a consultant on my own.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Pataricatering(f): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
He wasn’t healed he was cured in a hospital ! Stop misrepresenting ! You know your pastors do not come near Ebola with their fake healing !
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Pataricatering(f): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
Arysexy:

Haven't you seen those that died after being treated? Ebola of all sickness? His survival has divine connection, not only the scientific treatment.

so where is Gods treatment for cancer ? Doctors have been struggling to find a cure God is looking like a mumu ! Once doctors find the cure all you religious zealots will attribute it to God - not knowing you simply mock your God ! How useless is an all knowing God not to be able to give a cure after all these years of cancer ravaging people ! Or God too is struggling in heaven to find a cure ?

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by newslifeop: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2018
hmm
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Duru009(m): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thank you father !!

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Franking: 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
theozobby:
i haven't seen those who put there trust i? God disappointed.

Those priests killed in Benue put their trust where? Continue deceiving urself.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by riqblaze(m): 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2018
TylerDurden:

Nobody gets healed of Ebola, you only survive the fever and the virus remains in your body only to pop out whenever your immune collapses.

Consider Ebola like Malaria. You will never get cured of the virus but you can manage it.

I never knew this part. I always used to think that one becomes immune to the virus after surviving an attack. I even used to advocate studying the antibodies and immune system of survivors towards finding a permanent cure or vaccine; Louis Pasteur style.

If your statement is true, then the solution is still a long way off

I like to ask for the correct answer, who really knows? What is the pathology of the Ebola virus?

Does one get immune to the virus after surviving an attack?

After being passed free of Ebola and the risk of transmitting it, can one still get infected a second time?

I'm asking because I'm thinking the immune systems of these survivors can be studied and maybe less virulent and lethal strains of the virus cultured towards developing a cure and a vaccine.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by doctokwus: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
TylerDurden:

Stop saying rubbish.So malaria cannot be cured?
You obviously are one of the types that after stress of a day's work,early morning lethargy,sweat on a hot afternoon or even lack of erection early morning,claim you have got malaria and go to a chemist asking for malaria tablet or even go to the hospital and when the Dr asks for your complain,you tell him or her "I have malaria.Anytime I wake up in the morning and I piss yellow piss or I have pain in my neck,that's how my own malaria starts.When I know say my own malaria don dey hold me,my body no dey hot,I go just dey sleep for office".
This is after waking up 4am and spending 3hours in early morning traffic,everyday!
Every month you are treating malaria,after passing through the same symptoms of tiredness,passing yellow coloured urine or waking up with neck pain or dizziness as you get up from sleeping on the floor,because "anytime you sleep on bed,you must get malaria".
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
Arysexy:
Rev. Fr. Lucien Ambunga, Catholic Priest and Pastor for the remote rural community of Itipo celebrated his first Sunday (June 10) mass since he returned to his parish on 8 June, after recovering from Ebola.

When he was diagnosed with Ebola last month, Father Ambunga was taken to the town of Bikoro where there is an Ebola treatment centre in the general hospital. He was given a clean bill of health late last month, but stayed on in Bikoro to recover further.

When he returned to Itipo on Friday he was greeted by a joyous crowd, who carried him on their shoulders and chanted “The hero this year is Courage (Father Ambunga’s nickname).”

He stressed how moved he was to be back.

“I can’t’ explain to you now Madame. It’s too much for me,” said Father Lucien. “What I can say, what is in my heart, is joy. “

WHO’s social anthropologist for the Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of the Congo, Julienne Anoko says it’s important to support people who have recovered from Ebola as they return to their communities. “We need to take care of their reintegration because many of them are being stigmatized by their communities because the communities don’t know, they are afraid.”

Dada was among the first confirmed Ebola patients in the current outbreak to be cured of Ebola. Dada is slowly picking up the pieces of his life.

On 6 June, representatives from the Ministry of Health and Caritas Internationalis came to his home with a care package – a bucket containing food staples such as rice and sardines and household items such as soap.

Dada says he’s feeling good, “For the moment, I feel very, very, strong. I don’t have the virus.”

His uncle is glad his nephew is doing well, “As a family member, I am happy to see my relative alive and doing well.”

With support from WHO, Dada is taking catch up classes and is hoping to pass his baccalaureat exam later this month.

He said, “If I’m lucky and I get my diploma and receive support, I will continue my studies.”

Local health officials say there are 14 people who have recovered from Ebola in the Itipo area and on Monday (June 11), many met with WHO’s Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. Dr Tedros came to Itipo to observe the scaling up of the response in the community, which lies at the heart of the current outbreak.

“Not only have they survived but they are already working to save others,” said Dr Tedros. “It’s great that they are better and now it’s important that they are helping their community. “

The people who have recovered from Ebola created an association on 11 June to provide mutual support and are helping to raise awareness of the community on Ebola prevention. Dada is working at the Saint Luke Health Facility in Itipo, where some Ebola patients are receiving care from the Medecins sans Frontieres (MSF) team in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. He is providing counseling to the patients.

Ongoing

Primary country
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Ongoing

https://reliefweb.int/report/democratic-republic-congo/returning-home-after-surviving-ebola-democratic-republic-congo

Lalasticlala

Stupidity everywhere.

Ebola death rate is 50%, It either Kills u or it doesn't kill you within 10 - 20 days.

He wasn't healed or anything like that.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Healed by God, cured by medicine.

Ebola doesn't have a cure. it's survival rate is 50/50.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by CodeTemplar: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2018
doctokwus:

Pls don't come with your religious bullshit here.
If you bothered to read you would come across where it was stated that he was taken to the 'Ebola treatment centre in the General hospital',where he was cured.
Even the reverend father himself didn't attribute his cure to religion or just prayers offered.
God leads people who care to be led,to take wise,appropriate decisions,not by claiming to be worshipping him foolishly,by stupidly following dogmas.
The wise reverend and the Catholic faith over there prayed for him,guided him to access appropriate health care while still praying for him.
Here,people will take their sick to a prayer house,refuse him accessing care in a hospital and continue praying foolishly for miracles to fall from heaven with the dying person still 'confined' to the prayer or pastor's house in name of a church.
That's foolishness and I am sure if there is indeed hell,God will punish people,owners of such prayer home and such pastors to the deepest parts of it.
Why didn't the other Ebola victim survive?
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by doctokwus: 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Why didn't the other Ebola victim survive?
Which other victim?
Why didn't he stay in church to be fasting and praying?Also is he the only one that has been cured or have pastors not died from Ebola severally?Or God hates the other people including several men of God that have died from it and only loves this Reverend father?
Pls don't quote me again.U are obviously a dunce,that uses religious fanaticism to cover your incapacities intellect wise.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by freeboyhenry(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
God is great

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Smartademu(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
PRAISE THE LORD![color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by iluvdonjazzy: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2018
I knew he is going to be healed.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Stephaustin(m): 7:41am On Jun 16, 2018
Arysexy:

Please tell him.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Stephaustin(m): 7:43am On Jun 16, 2018
BedLam:
What do you mean by healed like it's some religious stuff? Religious zealots!

People who are always ready to insult others.
Do you really know the meaning of being healed?
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Stephaustin(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2018
TylerDurden:

Please you can keep that belief to yourself.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Stephaustin(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2018
thatigboman:

Please ask him that again?
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Stephaustin(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2018
Pataricatering:
He wasn’t healed he was cured in a hospital ! Stop misrepresenting ! You know your pastors do not come near Ebola with their fake healing !

You make me wonder if you really know the meaning of being healed.
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Stephaustin(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Ebola doesn't have a cure. it's survival rate is 50/50.
Medically speaking, you may be right. However, haven't you seen cases that defy medical knowledge and explanation?
Re: Rev. Fr Lucien Ambunga Infected With Ebola Is Healed. by Stephaustin(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Stupidity everywhere.

Ebola death rate is 50%, It either Kills u or it doesn't kill you within 10 - 20 days.

He wasn't healed or anything like that.

Do you mind if I tell you that your ability to draw conclusion from premises is really bad? What you just did is fallacious.

Read yourself again.
Your prediction is 50%, not 100%; this means there is also equal chance of survival.

Again, I suggest you check the meaning of being healed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Taking A Soft Drink Once In A Day Bad To The Health? / Lagos Approves 75% Conmess For Doctors / How To Lose Weight Without Going To The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.