Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) (50770 Views)

One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / See The Aerial Views Of Yaba And Its Environs - Photos / Beautiful Aerial Views Of Port-Harcourt Road Networks (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2018
As at June 15, 2017 these are the states with the highest crime rate:

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Delta
4. Kano
5. Plateau
6. Ondo
7. Oyo
8. Bauchi
9. Adamawa
10. Gombe

2016 Crime Stats Per Capita
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. Plateau
4. Delta
5. Gombe
6. Ondo
7. Bayelsa
8. Adamawa
9. Taraba
10. Ekiti

Lagos still holds the title as the most dangerous(crime) state in Nigeria till date.

For those saying PH is unsafe(eg Yoruba maggots, APC e-rats and some Ibotic attaches by force) the facts are there for you to peruse. Good day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by wenenike(m): 9:15am On Jun 16, 2018
92% of the work was done by Ameachi oh...tell the truth abeg... Good to knw Wike completed it.

2 Likes

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by sammyp01: 10:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Iamtipsyy:
I stay at woji them never commission nothing. Photoshop construction is still going on at elelenwo

Brother get it right. It is not elelenwo main road. It is the woji link bridge to elenwo, the road is not just good but it's sexy

1 Like

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by 9jakool: 10:22am On Jun 16, 2018
Jerrypolo:

Every Yoruba man wants to claim Lagos.
Are you from Lagos?.
What has your governor (I mean your real state. Probably Oyo) done in terms of infrastructure in your state that can be compared to what Wike is doing in Rivers?.

I don't want to sound ethnic but in terms of security, Rivers is better than your state a thousand times. With the amount of money, people and activities that go on in Rivers on a daily, it would have been a daily "Bank kinda robbery" something.

Sho get?.

If there are supposedly 40 million Yorubas in Nigeria; and Lagos state has an estimate population of well over 20 million, majority of whom are Yoruba; it's not inconceivable that a large percentage of Yorubas are Lagosians by default.

Rivers is an oil producing state and like most oil producing states in Nigeria, they are filled crime including theft, money laundering, kidnapping for ransom, insurgency, corruption, and organized crime.

Nigerians love to celebrate mediocrity as an accomplishment. Oh, my governor builds a new road, that makes my state better than you, look at all the good my government is doing for the people. Meanwhile, the common people are still suffering, because those at the top are holding on to the wealth while leaving crumbs, I mean "new flyovers" for the common people.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 16, 2018
sammyp01:

Brother get it right. It is not elelenwo main road. It is the woji link bridge to elenwo, the road is not just good but it's sexy

I intentionally ignored him/her because I know he/she knows not what he/she is commenting about.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by seguno2: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2018
okwabayi:

Rubbish question.

My life revolves around me and my family alone. Who wants to help you dirty Nigerians? All you guys do is only beg for alms.

So what are you doing on nairaland
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2018
9jakool:

If there are supposedly 40 million Yorubas in Nigeria; and Lagos state has an estimate population of well over 20 million, majority of whom are Yoruba; it's not inconceivable that a large percentage of Yorubas are Lagosians by default.

Rivers is an oil producing state and like most oil producing states in Nigeria, they are filled crime including theft, money laundering, kidnapping for ransom, insurgency, corruption, and organized crime.

Nigerians love to celebrate mediocrity as an accomplishment. Oh, my governor builds a new road, that makes my state better than you, look at all the good my government is doing for the people. Meanwhile, the common people are still suffering, because those at the top are holding on to the wealth while leaving crumbs, I mean "new flyovers" for the common people.

See how ignorantly biased you are. "Like most all oil producing states"
I believe your beloved Lagos or whatever shit hole you are from is without those things you listed.

I know if asked where you're from you'll even be ashamed of saying it, but claim Lagos(which is the most dangerous state in Nigeria anyways)

Next time if you don't like a thread just pass. It's not by force to comment if people decides to praise their governor.
I've seen several threads about what Ambode, Obiano, Udom and several governors are doing in their respective states. You don't see any Rivers man come here to derail the thread with rubbish talk.
Allow us to celebrate our own.

1 Like

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by 9jakool: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2018
Ekinematics:

See how ignorantly biased you are. "Like most all oil producing states"
I believe your beloved Lagos or whatever shit hole you are from is without those things you listed.

I know if asked where you're from you'll even be ashamed of saying it, but claim Lagos(which is the most dangerous state in Nigeria anyways)

So, that's the only thing you were able to take from my entire post. All of a sudden, I'm "claiming Lagos." Nigerians are simply blinded to their problems. They like to deny the truth and compete over stupid things like flyovers, while getting distracted from the real issues. This is why the nation can't progress forward.

Isn't Lagos an oil producing state? Every part of Nigeria has its fair share of problems, I'm not denying that. So are you telling me that the crimes that I listed aren't part of reality and I just made them up.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by shugasofttouch: 11:48am On Jun 16, 2018
NonsoWow:
Only the roads are lit while everywhere else is in darkness! Also notice there are no vehicles on the roads because everybody goes to bed once it is 7pm in PH in order not to fall victims to the insecurity pervading Wike's Rivers.
you are so right anytime I am in PH I spend the night with the generator on and when it's 7pm that town is extremely dangerous mostly eleme or slaughter at rumuokoro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by 9jakool: 11:49am On Jun 16, 2018
Ekinematics:

Next time if you don't like a thread just pass. It's not by force to comment if people decides to praise their governor.
I've seen several threads about what Ambode, Obiano, Udom and several governors are doing in their respective states. You don't see any Rivers man come here to derail the thread with rubbish talk.
Allow us to celebrate our own.

"Allow us to celebrate our own." This is too funny. Am I holding you at gunpoint telling you not to celebrate your beloved governor? It's the same way I can speak my mind because this is a public forum after all, where dialogues are meant to occur. You were the one who quoted me at first, not the other way around. You are free to celebrate mediocrity as I am free to renounce it. I speak my truth, I can't speak for all nor do I expect the entire world to agree with me. You are free to disagree with me, but you do not have any right to silence me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 16, 2018
9jakool:

So, that's the only thing you were able to take from my entire post. All of a sudden, I'm "claiming Lagos." Nigerians are simply blinded to their problems. They like to deny the truth and compete over stupid things like flyovers, while getting distracted from the real issues. This is why the nation can't progress forward.

Isn't Lagos an oil producing state? Every part of Nigeria has its fair share of problems, I'm not denying that. So are you telling me that the crimes that I listed aren't part of reality and I just made them up.

What you listed is the problem of Nigeria not peculiar to Rivers State alone or Oil producing states.
Your comment make it seem like it's a thing of oil producing states. Read your write up well, understand what you've written before posting.

We are celebrating the positive changes happening in Rivers State so you can take your ignorant comments elsewhere. Period!

1 Like

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Jerrypolo(m): 11:59am On Jun 16, 2018
9jakool:

"Rivers is an oil producing state and like most oil producing states in Nigeria, they are filled crime including theft, money laundering, kidnapping for ransom, insurgency, corruption, and organized crime"

This statement is highly laughable!!!.
Confirms my earlier exertion that you haven't been to Rivers state once.
I can authoritatively widen that to the entire Niger Delta!!!.

Enjoy your day!!!
Lol!!!!!
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by 9jakool: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ekinematics:

What you listed is the problem of Nigeria not peculiar to Rivers State alone or Oil producing states.
Your comment make it seem like it's a thing of oil producing states. Read your write up well, understand what you wrote before posting.

We are celebrating the positive changes happening in Rivers State so you can take your ignorant comments elsewhere. Period!

If you read what I said earlier, you would see that I said every parts of Nigeria has its own problems. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in meaningless competition. There is no relevance if someone has their own share of problems, but are quick to jump and say someone else has more problems to feel better. The point is they both have problems and it's stupid to be comparing.

You can celebrate achievements without meaningless bragging.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ekinematics:

You don't even stay in PH, but you are among the first persons to write trash about PH.
I hope your life is not trash...
the truth is always bitter.

1 Like

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by 9jakool: 12:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Jerrypolo:

This statement is highly laughable!!!.
Confirms my earlier exertion that you haven't been to Rivers state once.
I can authoritatively widen that to the entire Niger Delta!!!.

Enjoy your day!!!
Lol!!!!!

I guess the crimes that I listed aren't in your state.

I'll enjoy my day.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Edavi234: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
dingbang:
You guysshould stop all these nonsense. What about the flood situation happening in rivers state? Small rain go fall everywhere will just be flooded! What about the filth littered along the streets? Doesn't governor wike have an environment sustainability plan?

That has been GREATLY cubed due to the many roads and drainage system been built across the state.

I was so shocked In garrison, after a VERY HEAVY rain, the way everything dissappeard in less than 2 minutes after the rain stopped. I was like- WOW!

The Govt should continue with there good works but also help and encourage businesses to grow. Rivers state is really growing and I am happy. Just pray they continue at this pace of development and projects. Industries will start coming in again, with time.

Also, I have noticed that the streets lights are working again in major parts of PHC and night life is creeping in again in a very fast way.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
9jakool:

If you read what I said earlier, you would see that I said every parts of Nigeria has its own problems. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in meaningless competition. There is no relevance if someone has their own share of problems, but are quick to jump and say someone else has more problems to feel better. The point is they both have problems and it's stupid to be comparing.

You can celebrate achievements without meaningless bragging.

There you go again. Do not allow hate/jealousy becloud your sense of reasoning.
Kindly show me the bragging on the post.

The post says this is no Dubai or New York, but Port Harcourt.
How is that bragging?
All the post is saying is that this is beautiful.

Do not forget that as Rivers people we are no chest beaters.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Jerrypolo(m): 12:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
9jakool:

I guess the crimes that I listed aren't in your state.

I'll enjoy my day.
Talk about "Irony".
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by okwabayi(m): 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
seguno2:

So what are you doing on nairaland
How does being on nairaland relate to helping Nigerians?! Some of you don't respond with common sense at all!
Using this platform is no different from trolling: I'm only wasting time doing nothing. Like smoking cigarettes, it helps others, abi?

Please, anyone can now see why I hardly respond to mentions on this forum. Read a book once in a while, it really helps.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Edavi234: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
DualCore1:
That year, you would spend your closing hours at work thinking about the mayhem you’re about to get into while driving into Woji from T/Amadi, through slaughter. Your misery begins at the narrow slaughter bridge, when you drive through, towards YKC and you look into the horizon and see 4 to 5 long lines of brake lights. Yes, 4 to 5 lanes locked in traffic and one incoming lane, all on a single carriage road. You will do that strip in 2 minutes, on a clear road. During rush hour, its more like 2 hours. That year!

That year, you would leave Lesukaa, heading towards Okuru roundabout and you would pass that road that nobody could use cuz it was still under construction. That road that could save you from the slaughter-YKC fiasco.

That year, you would have to go to Onne for an official assignment from T/Amadi, mid morning and you are leaving the office with all your ‘kaya’ cuz you know you won’t make it back to the office before COB.

That year, you wont want to pass the old slaughter bridge while in front of a heavy duty vehicle, for fear the bridge would cave in.

Now you can cruise through slaughter-YKC (trans woji, the name never stuck for me), you can breeze through trans elelenwo, and if your car is up for it and you have the driving experience to follow and a love for your life, family and friends, you can jet through the new road by golf estate leading into woji/gbalajam. The view while ascending could give you this doomsday/apocalyptic feel.

If you know, you know.

The roads in port harrcourt have evolved.

I feel that roundabout at Garrison shouldn’t be there. I think what should be there instead is the kinda flyover setup at CFC.

Another issue I have is that there are not many U-turns on the new roads. Sometimes you will pass through a town and go to another town to do U-turn to get to the other side of that town. E.g Woji people going to Elelenwon to turn back into Woji town. Golf estate people going into Gbalajam to turn back into Okuru.

Very sincere. God bless
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by fof1: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
NonsoWow:
Only the roads are lit while everywhere else is in darkness! Also notice there are no vehicles on the roads because everybody goes to bed once it is 7pm in PH in order not to fall victims to the insecurity pervading Wike's Rivers.

@NONSO..., U ARE A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR AND CRIMINALLY MINDED DECEIVER. WHAT U VOMITTED IS COMPLETE FALSEHOOD BAKED IN UR BACKYARD. PLS PORT HARCOURT NIGHT LIFE IS TRULY BACK. IF U SEE DARKNESS,KNOW THERE IS NO NEPA OR PUBLIC ELECTRICITY. MISTER PROJECT PROVIDED STREET LIGHT BACKED UP WITH AN ALTERNATIVE SOYRCE LIKE SOUNDPROOF GENERATOR AS STAND BY POWER. SO PUBLIC WHAT IS D TRUTH AND LIE LIE. BE VERY CAREFUL MY FRIEND...THIS IS NOT POLITICS.PLS.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Edavi234: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ekinematics:
As at June 15, 2017 these are the states with the highest crime rate:

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Delta
4. Kano
5. Plateau
6. Ondo
7. Oyo
8. Bauchi
9. Adamawa
10. Gombe

2016 Crime Stats Per Capita
1. Abuja
2. Lagos
3. Plateau
4. Delta
5. Gombe
6. Ondo
7. Bayelsa
8. Adamawa
9. Taraba
10. Ekiti

Lagos still holds the title as the most dangerous(crime) state in Nigeria till date.

For those saying PH is unsafe(eg Yoruba maggots, APC e-rats and some Ibotic attaches by force) the facts are there for you to peruse. Good day!

Nice one.. Thanks for informing the sophisticated morons (I TOO NO) , and the SS and SE ARE one mentality dimwits.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Octobertwentysix(f): 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
9jakool:

chai Lagos an oil producing state, may be it's palm kernel oil.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by captainking(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2018
shugasofttouch:
you are so right anytime I am in PH I spend the night with the generator on and when it's 7pm that town is extremely dangerous mostly eleme or slaughter at rumuokoro.
have you stayed in Lagos before..?? I just relocated to ph... I am just two months in ph.. And I can tell you this.. The insecurity in ph is nothing compared to that of Lagos.. All my friends and relatives keep screaming how dangerous rumuokoro and some other places are.. But.. When I went there at night 10/11 pm..several times.. I saw nothing To be scared of. Maybe.. Cos I am used to the high threat of staying in Lagos.. Oshodi. Island.. Iyana iba.. Isolo.. Mushin areas.. Those are the hot and danger spots in Lagos.. So.. From what I have seen.. The crime in ph is still learning compared to Lagos.. In iyana iba in Lagos.. I can't be in a cab and be pressing phone with my window wind down at 8pm...but I do It daily here in ph. I have deliberately gone to the so called danger spots In ph.. It's not that bad.. If you have stayed in Lagos before. ..ph will be way way easy for you..
On the road.. Ph has good road network I must confess.. Except for places like.. Eleme..and oyigbo.. also.. They take the laws here in ph very serious.. And I have been arrested 3 times already for traffic violations.. Which I know. I could have easily escaped in Lagos.. Heehehhe he..

So far.. I am loving the town...

1 Like

Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by xest(m): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
I support and like wike works. But believe me from the pictures am seeing here, that's not woji/elelenwo bridge. I live there so I knw what am saying.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Rivguydee(m): 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
Franking:

I bet ur shallow mind has not registered that majority of those praising and defending Wike are Igbos. Continue hating.
Look at this uninvited tombo fly! Well, since you care to know its not hate I feel for igbos I just feel they don't exist. #unadeyfindbrother
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by shugasofttouch: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2018
captainking:
have you stayed in Lagos before..?? I just relocated to ph... I am just two months in ph.. And I can tell you this.. The insecurity in ph is nothing compared to that of Lagos.. All my friends and relatives keep screaming how dangerous rumuokoro and some other places are.. But.. When I went there at night 10/11 pm..several times.. I saw nothing To be scared of. Maybe.. Cos I am used to the high threat of staying in Lagos.. Oshodi. Island.. Iyana iba.. Isolo.. Mushin areas.. Those are the hot and danger spots in Lagos.. So.. From what I have seen.. The crime in ph is still learning compared to Lagos.. In iyana iba in Lagos.. I can't be in a cab and be pressing phone with my window wind down at 8pm...but I do It daily here in ph. I have deliberately gone to the so called danger spots In ph.. It's not that bad.. If you have stayed in Lagos before. ..ph will be way way easy for you..
On the road.. Ph has good road network I must confess.. Except for places like.. Eleme..and oyigbo.. also.. They take the laws here in ph very serious.. And I have been arrested 3 times already for traffic violations.. Which I know. I could have easily escaped in Lagos.. Heehehhe he..

So far.. I am loving the town...
so people say oooh but though I have never been to those areas in Lagos wow this is funny seriously.
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by captainking(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2018
shugasofttouch:
so people say oooh but though I have never been to those areas in Lagos wow this is funny seriously.
i dey tell you bro...
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
after that day of commissioning...it haf end
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by shugasofttouch: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
captainking:
i dey tell you bro...
Sorry I am a she not a he. Stay blessed
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by captainking(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2018
shugasofttouch:
Sorry I am a she not a he. Stay blessed
oh.,....so sorry about that maam....salute
Re: Night Views Of Woji/Elelenwo Flyovers & Bridges Built By Wike (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2020
mu2sa2:
Apt observation. I have said it before on another thread that Maiduguri is a safer city than PH, even with boko haram. In PH you face multiple risks including kidnapping, robbery, attacks by ritualists/ cultists etc - nobody face any such risk in Maiduguri and boko haram has been routed.

Interesting lies grin This is 2020.. And BoKo Haram is anything but routed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Car Running On 3 Tyres On Lagos Highway (Photos) / Folashade Salako, OAU Pharmacy Best Student Dies In An Accident / How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.