Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

What Do You Think About Benching Victor Moses And Ighalo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Do You Think About Benching Victor Moses And Ighalo (305 Views)

South Korean Soccer Fans To Sue The Festa over Ronaldo benching / Super Eagle’s To Drop 7 Players including Mikel and Ighalo For Seychelles Game / Mikel Obi And Ighalo Exchanging Pleasantries Before A Chinese League Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Benching Victor Moses And Ighalo by chidi1: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
I know this may sound contrary to popular norm, however, I have observed that the Super Eagles play better when these two players are not available. Victor Moses plays very selfishly with purposeless dribbling that tend to slow our attack down. Ighalo, on the other hand, plays a more one dimensional attack that could easily be stiffled by a good defense. I propose we use lhenacho and Alex Iwobi as two point strikers in a false 9 position, adopting the 3,5,2 formation ( same strategy we used with Argentina). You may observe that we tend to confuse and disorganise other opponents a lot when we counter ( Argentina and second half England games come to mind). Mikel is needed in the attacking midfield position while Ogu and Ndidi are needed in the defensive midfield position. Ighalo and Victor Moses may come in as substitutes to change the game strategy later on. Definitely not as starters. This is just my musing. Tell me what you think.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Sensational Hat-trick As Portugal Hold Spain In Instant / Borussia Dortmund Expect Christian Pulisic To Leave For England / Russia Vs Egypt Soccer Preview And Predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.