Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Solution To Unsolicited Adverts And Popups On All Android Phones! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Solution To Unsolicited Adverts And Popups On All Android Phones! (550 Views)

NCC Releases Short Code For Ending Unsolicited Messages By Network Providers / "Nigeria Telecom Operators Will Now Pay N500,000 For Unsolicited Messages" - NCC / Google Chrome To Block Redirect Links And Popups In New Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Unsolicited Adverts And Popups On All Android Phones! by AgroSeeds: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hello Forum, for the past 2 weeks prior before the beginning of the world cup, my phone has been bombarding me with all sorts of adverts and popups that are irritating and irregular. Just yesterday alone, all the happenings in the match between Russia and Saudi Arabia was being notified on my phone. I searched all apps and disabled so many things from notifying me. Yet all efforts proved abortive. It got so worse as the world cup started. I believe many people may have been experiencing this and have been asking themselves on "How To Stop Adverts On Their Phones And Androids". Well the solution is here.

Today, it occurred to me to hold ontop the notification that came in now. It took me to the inner settings and I saw that it was an app named "notifications" that was the culprit! This rogue app was pushed to my phone by either infinix or Google. I have been seeing this app for over a month now but I paid no attention to it since I thought it was the factory app responsible for notifications on all other apps. Little did I know that the useless app is an adware cum malware Google or Infinix bundled into phones! I immediately went in again into my settings and went straight to apps.

I located the app named "Notifications" and uninstalled it immediately. Voila... all Ads and Popups are gone! Since morning till now, I have not received one ad or annoying popup. One of the ads was from a spamming website named socceruncle. They keep on spamming phones in a bid to drive traffic to their. This is uncalled for and bad. Its an invasion of privacy. Remove that app immediately and let your phone be free! Mind you that since I removed the app, normal notifications from other apps are coming in as usual. Nothing went wrong after removing that adware app named "Notifications".

What do you think? Did this work for you? Please let us know. Thanks.

Lalasticlala Puskin Seun... Help others know this.

This post first appeared on;

http://excelhelm..com/2018/06/solution-to-unsolicited-adverts-and.html

(1) (Reply)

Fifa14 In Ogun State / New Phone � / 2 Top Brands Making Waves In Nigeria Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.