Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained (10239 Views)

Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Suspended By UNILAG / Segun Awonusi: Linda Ikeji & Joy Nwanna Summoned By UNILAG Over Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by goldenson5895(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
some Architectural student in yabatech lagos were arrested by unilag security and detained after these students were denied by the HOD of architecture department yabatech.

the following pictures were posted online by some students who felt that it is not ethical to be locking architectural studio by 8 or 9pm till 7am next day. they stated that it is not done all over the world except yabatech, the prominent need of an Architecture student is Studio, Power supply conducive working environment etc.

3 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by goldenson5895(m): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
more of the picture

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by Obijulius: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2018
One sided story though!

The only country in the modern world where youths and students have no rights!

Sadly though, some of these youths here support Buhari’s lawlessness as long as it doesn’t ‘affect ‘ them. They will complain when the system they love and support blindly dishes them the same hot meal they like to see perceived opponents eat.

Nigeria is in all ramifications a failed state! Only foolish oil drunk imbeciles think otherwise.

As usual, I don’t respond to zombie mentions. Feel free to quote me though!

5 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by spartoo: 7:42am On Jun 16, 2018
Everybody is just looking for who to arrest. Army is arresting, Police is arresting, NSCDC is arresting, Vigilante is arresting, ordinary school security too is arresting.

That's why I like SARS, they don't like wahala. Just settle and go your way.

But in the end, THIS IS NIGERIA!

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by LadiIshola(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2018
I don't know how some people find themselves in positions such as this.
Should he say he felt embarrassed that those students went out of their way to ensure they secure a good facility for their work? Cos I don't understand what he would have expected when you are not providing the most basic things for them to excel academically.
This is one of the reasons our education sector is in shambles.

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by lacastre: 7:45am On Jun 16, 2018
U get frustrated to earn the certificate as if there's one ready made job to put an end to the frustration and poverty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by adebayosun02: 7:45am On Jun 16, 2018
Y?
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2018
The name and picture of that wicked and devilish HOD please.

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by vosquare: 7:51am On Jun 16, 2018
Some of the things archi students face. I dont support the act of higher institution getting a course they dont have facilities for...very bad

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:56am On Jun 16, 2018
HOD'S like that are the one promoting the degradation of Federal universities. Their concern is their pay. They are not concerned on what students go through and they will be forming clergymen in our society
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2018
Yabatech security guard should storm unilag, arrest and lock them up too
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by kingjahjah(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2018
Dat HOD is very stupid to have denied dem.... I was an Architecture student and I know Wat it takes to meet up with d jury deadline...... Only solution is to look for light anywhere..... Even in ur enemy's Compound......Architecture,one of d time taking job..... Is not easy.

3 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by Maket: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2018
Obijulius:
One sided story though!

The only country in the modern world where youths and students have no rights!

Sadly though, some of these youths here support Buhari’s lawlessness as long as it doesn’t ‘affect ‘ them. They will complain when the system they love and support blindly dishes them the same hot meal they like to see perceived opponents eat.

Nigeria is in all ramifications a failed state! Only foolish oil drunk imbeciles think otherwise.

As usual, I don’t respond to zombie mentions. Feel free to quote me though!
One day you will blame buhari for the failure of your erection to performed.
For headmasters, principal, rector failure that the change needs to be done locally you don't want to allow this man to rest. Is like you and Rino Omokri need the same nairalanders prayer warriors for deliverance.

5 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by Throwback: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2018
You have valid ID cards, that does not require any HOD from your own school to deny or acknowledge you, if the Unilag security personnel had the required intelligence.

The question is, should your valid ID card from another federal school, prevent the security personnel at the neighbouring Unilag from doing their work if indeed there are trespass laws that have been breeched by you?

Should the breech of such trespass laws result to an arrest by Unilag security, or an expulsion from the Unilag campus so that you return to your own campus?

The HOD angle should only come in while trying to identify anyone claiming to be a student without ID card, and not those who already posses one that is currently valid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by SachaBastien(m): 8:49am On Jun 16, 2018
This is similar to leaving Nigeria for the Western world only to be arrested by immigration.

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by colonist(m): 8:50am On Jun 16, 2018
this matter is quite incomplete....
why would yabatech hod deny them if they are registered students...

I can't blame unilag because they are only protecting their students and properties...

if there is a joint agreement between the two schools as regards use of facilities then it's a different case...

first the students were wrong....they had rights to write to the sch authority and NIA and other governing bodies...

no Architecture studio is locked except by the members of that particular studio to prevent theft and damage...

hope they resolve the issue as no properties were damaged...

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by Demmtek(m): 8:53am On Jun 16, 2018
Sheriff works at hand i wont be surprise if he becomes the dean of environmental studies and impose the law of wearing a uniform for al environmental students. Yabatech glorified secondary school
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by madana(m): 8:58am On Jun 16, 2018
NATEB, NIA and ARCON should step into this. Several students of Architecture in Nigerian institutions of higher learning don't have access to their studios and good learning environment.
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by madana(m): 8:59am On Jun 16, 2018
colonist:
this matter is quite incomplete....
why would yabatech hod deny them if they are registered students...

I can't blame unilag because they are only protecting their students and properties...

if there is a joint agreement between the two schools as regards use of facilities then it's a different case...

first the students were wrong....they had rights to write to the sch authority and NIA and other governing bodies...

no Architecture studio is locked except by the members of that particular studio to prevent theft and damage...

hope they resolve the issue as no properties were damaged...
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by RZArecta(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2018
Backward Nigerian schools, I've always known archi studios in higher institutions to be open 24/7
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by RZArecta(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2018
grin
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by Emeka71(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2018
Demmtek:
Sheriff works at hand i wont be surprise if he becomes the dean of environmental studies and impose the law of wearing a uniform for al environmental students. Yabatech glorified secondary school
But those alpha-base self; thier own is too much; they like cases too much.
Re: Yabatech Students Arested By Unilag Security And Detained by Dreydoe(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
This is pathetic..

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Set To Re-open On The 19th Of June. / Pls, Help With Unilag Or Lasu Part-time Entry Requirement / Mapoly Suspend Six Senior Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.