Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge (7595 Views)

Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe / Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens / The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by AutoReportNG: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
Months after the Festac link bridge in Amuwo-Odofin community, the area was damaged by fire as a result of a fully loaded petrol tanker spilling its content on the bridge, the Lagos State Government (LASG) has finally is set to embark on repair works on the distressed bridge.

Recall that a section of the bridge was closed due to the fire outbreak with the government saying the decision was reached “in order to save lives and properties of motorists and other users of the link bridge.”

However, the government has announced to commence repair work on the bridge to put it back in shape. As a result, the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has announced the temporary closure of the link bridge from tomorrow, Friday, June 15 to Saturday, June 16, 2018.

TRAVEL ADVISORY ON THE TEMPORARY CLOSURE FOR REPAIRS OF THE FESTAC LINK BRIDGE FROM FRIDAY 15th - SATURDAY, 16th June 2018

1) Motorists coming out of FESTAC through 1st Avenue, 2nd Avenue, 11th Avenue and 21 Road, should link Lagos-Badagry Expressway through, FESTAC 1st Gate and turn at Alakija to connect Mile 2.

2) Motorists coming out of FESTAC through 7th Avenue, should link Lagos-Badagry Expressway and turn at Alakija to connect Mile2.

3) Motorists going into FESTAC from Oshodi, Cele, Ago Palace Way, 2nd Rainbow should take Apple Junction to Mile 2 and link Mazamaza Bridge to FESTAC1st Gate and connect FESTAC proper.

NOTE:
LASTMA personnel shall be at all strategic points and junctions to control and manage traffic in order to reduce travel time and delays. Therefore, motorists should please cooperate and comply with traffic rules and regulations during the exercise and at all times. We also apologize for any inconvenience the exercise may cause.

Thank you.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/06/travel-advisory-on-temporary-closure-of.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by AutoReportNG: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
Warning to all Festac folks...

1 Like

Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by bedspread: 11:30pm On Jun 15, 2018
We Expected This!! A Road that has been Closed Since December.. Every day u see one Machine or the other der coming to act Repair...

The Sufferings Citizens have Gone through on that road has been sooo bad...

It's Sheer Wickedness from Amuwo-Odofin Local Government Chairman...

How much would it cost the Local government to have Fixed that Round Since... Despite The Huge Revenue Amuwo-odofin Vomits to The coffers.. The Only Road to that gets people out of Amuwo- odofin/Festac...

Yet it's a young Youth who is The Chairman there!!!

Amuwo-odofin Local Government can confidently fix that road without any state Government assistance..

Dead Conscience Chairman and Council....
If you Like Fix it.... if you don't like don't fix...

The Day u guys will reap your harvests, you will not Understand wat hit u!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by izzou(m): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
grin

Since December last year cry

That road makes me spend unnecessarily. Taking a bike at night, everyday from 2nd rainbow to Festac is not easy

Instead of speeding up the repairs, they prefer to put a policeman that will direct traffic from morning till heaven knows when

When I look at this country and our sufferings, there's only one conclusion: A visa out of here

Nigeria is truly a shiithole cry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by Lilmama02(f): 2:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Govt should do something about it...... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by Queenext: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Coming too late
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by TurakinNaija: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Our emergency response time is always a concern coupled with lack of requisite equipment. We are rather reactive instead of being proactive!!!
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by Abbeyme: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
This is too late. Since last year December?

Seven months past!
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by 9jvirgin(m): 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
I wonder how Nigeria is still existing. Nigerians are very strong people.

The last time I stayed 3 weeks in Nigeria on a vacation, I almost had a mental problem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Fix that bridge! Why do govt like suffering people like this?

1 Like

Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by LazyNairalander(m): 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
see suffering and smiling.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by gassbee: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
Action governor
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by TreasuredGlory: 2:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
T
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by keneharry: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nairalanders please help me out.. Please I'm looking for a place to do my IT.. Any firm asides Bank and Construction company located in Ago, Oshodi, Isolo, FESTAC will be appreciated.. I'm studying Biochemistry.. Thanks..
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
No be this same bridge dey done dey repair for months now. Smh!
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by ceasare: 3:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Atimes the way our supposed leaders or political elite behaves gives me course for concern!
Seems like the moment u bag a political post devil takes a centre stage in your heart if not
What on earth is the local govt chairman doing for the past 7months since the fire outbreak on that
Bridge? The worse he could do was put his bill board there with the "pay your tax" slogan!!!
Quite pathetic! That repair shdnt cost the taxpayer more than 3weeks of work!
Remove the sections with a crane and replace with a yard precast unit and tar the godam thing and
Save us money on fuel and man hour lost on that bridge daily!
But what do we get LASTMA forming directing traffic but looking out for shuttle with doors open to fleas
Police forming directing traffic but looking for yahoo boy on bikes.......its really a shithole country indeed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by King4Roller: 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
The more you look. The less you se
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by Ojinnakaike: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2018
Too late but better than no repairs.
Re: Travel Advisory On Temporary Closure Of Festac Link Bridge by stevedre: 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
Only people living in Festac will really understand.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do I Need As Bta To Enetr Uk. / Wants To Start Life In Uk / UK STUDENT VISA WARNING: UKBA Approved Banks For Maintenance Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.