Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe (34610 Views)

Canada Releases Damning Report On Nigeria, Issues Travel Advisory To Citizens / Nigeria Issues New Travel Protocol For China, US, Europe-bound Passengers / Nigerians going to US reduce sharply, largest global drop-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by EcoBrick: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2022
November 28, 2022

Soni Daniel, Abuja

The Nigerian government on Monday morning issued a travel adviroy to its citizens travelling to the United States and Europe.

The Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said at a news conference in Abuja that the advisory was prompted by attack on Nigerians in London and the stealing of their belongings, including passports.

Muhammed said, “It has come to the attention of the government that Nigerian travelers to the United States and some countries in Europe are having their belongings, especially, money and international passports, stolen at an increasingly high rate.

“The most recent victims of this are travelers to the UK, most of whom were dispossessed of their belongings at high brow shops, particularly in the high street of Oxford.

“We have therefore decided to advise Nigerians travelling to Europe and the United States to take extra precaution to avoid being dispossessed of their belongings.

“This is not your typical travel advisory. Issuing such is the prerogative of our embassies/high commissions as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is merely a piece of advice to Nigerians who may be visiting the affected parts of the world,” the minister said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/nigeria-issues-travel-advisory-to-nigerians-going-to-us-europe/

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by citygarden(m): 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lai Muhammed, how true is this before the country ambassador denied this News. Because we need to verify before we accept your warnings.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Jones4190(m): 1:31pm On Nov 28, 2022
invite the ambassador of those countries for questioning

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Realguyman1(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
Most of this stealings happening in Europe especially pocket picking, luggages and bags snatching and passport thiefs are mostly been done by the Africans themselves.

And the Nigeria government needs to do proper investigation on the matter, because most of all this traveling agents do conspire with others to seize the passport of their clients.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by ChangetheChange: 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
The Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said at a news conference in Abuja that the advisory was prompted by attack on Nigerians in London and the stealing of their belongings, including passports.
grin grin grin
Small ynash dey shake oh
Who dey steal the very useless Nigerian passport
Buhari and his fellow APC ministers and Governors will still be the first to travel to those Same countries for medical treatment and vacation.

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by N3TRAL: 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2022

I'm a proud Nigerian even though I'm not proud of Nigeria.

I hope Nigeria becomes a better place soon.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2022
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
Small ynash dey shake oh

Well if that is true, it shouldn't be taken lightly

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Odward(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ban traveling abroad already.
Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by flexyrule(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lai Mohammed = Lori ilo......

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
grin who steals a Nigerian passport grin

Things wey immigration dey use do promo and giveaway ..

Atiku is coming

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Akinsete19(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
grin grin
Baba using scope to discourage those trying to Japa

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Irupetepete: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ok
Someone told me, I don't know how true this is that, Lai Mohammed and fashola told emabsies to stop issuing visa until after election and it seems so cos the level of denial at embassies now is alarming

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by gasparpisciotta: 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
WTF

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
Nigeria won't only disposed your belongings, they will disposed the owner too in the name of kidnapping

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by nike4love: 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lol,
Even if Nigerians re traveling to hell they won't need travel advisory...
Maaad country

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by illuminutty: 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
Is this a joke or what?

Even Afghanistan, with all that is going on there, is safer than Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by FBS: 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2022
Realguyman1:
Most of this stealings happening in Europe especially pocket picking, luggages and bags snatching and passport thiefs are mostly been done by the Africans themselves.

And the Nigeria government needs to do proper investigation on the matter, because most of all this traveling agents do conspire with others to seize the passport of their clients.
This is a lie. A big fat lie. tongue
Na where you be dey get your data from? Straight from European security agencies or back of newspaper or you just made it up?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Moniya4Real(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2022
Small Yansh Dey shake o

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by delzbaba(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2022
you cant play that game mr lai
Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Winning123: 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2022
You are a shame to your generation. You are not worthy to be a citizen of this country

ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
Small ynash dey shake oh

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by AFRICANJAMAICA: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ok..

There are banners presently at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport with inscription " Shettima is Coming".
I wonder who is will be incharge if APC wins...
I advice every youth to have an international passport,it cost nothing ....

Thank you and vote wisely

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by pol23: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2022
Good advisory.
Tell that to Buhari when he’s going on his monthly medical checkups.
Naija na cruise, it might amaze you to know that the Muhammad that sign this warning have kids schooling in one of those countries.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Dozman88: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2022
Make them give warning also like other countries!!!!!! What a clueless government we have..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by ChangetheChange: 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
Winning123:
You are a shame to your generation. You are not worthy to be a citizen of this country

grin grin grin grin
Thunder fire u insh allah

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Mathain19(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
What's the difference?
Nigeria is not even safe..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Coldie(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
Even with the travel advisory Buhari would be the first to go, then who are we

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by Omniman(m): 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2022
My first day in the UK, I have all my shits stolen in the train... grin

'Important documents.
Apple computer & assesories
Shit loads of other stuffs.'

Luckily My passport and £ cash was just in my pocket.
I was depressed for few days.

But here I am months later...
Bought upgraded version of all my gadgets.

Note.
* UK Police were useless. cool

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Issues Travel Advisory To Nigerians Going To US, Europe by ClearFlair: 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Nigerians Detained For Entering India Without Documents / Finally, Parked Trucks Are Getting Off Expressways And Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Panic As Train Derails In Agege Area Of Lagos. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.