Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,693 members, 7,955,623 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Political Unrest In Cross River State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Unrest In Cross River State (365 Views)

Unrest In New Benin Market As A Hausa Man Stabbed An Igbo Trader To Death (video / Falana: ‘Buhari Knows Those Causing Unrest In Nigeria' / Army Launches Operation Crocodile Smile In Cross River, Ayade Rocks Army Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Political Unrest In Cross River State by dlaw70(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2018
The not too young to run bill is after all not a mere expression as many of us thought ,as right now in Bekwarra,a local govt area of cross river state is boiling hot,courtesy of the young former student union leader,who is challenging the incumbent Hon.member(PDP) Agaji,and given both him and his party sleepless nights.

The young man is said to be in his late twenties and a former union leader at federal university wukari,were he studied political science.

He is running under SDP and he is said to be so loved by his people especially the youths and women due to his finness.

He goes by the name Comr.Ushie onyi .G.
Last week,chronicle had an explecite interview with him which goes thus
Chronic:Gooday comrade,how do u do
Comr.:how do u do
Can we meet you?
Comr:hmmm,I am call Comr.ushie onyi Godwin,I am in my late twenties,from Bekwarra LGA and i am going to be the next House of assembly member representing the good people of Bekwarra in the state assembly.
Chronic:why do you want to represent your people?
Comr.:first of all I will like to say here that,Bekwarra LGA is one if the most backward and underdeveloped LGA in cross river state.this I believe is the lack of foresight of our present and past law makers of them to have noticed this and call the attention of the state govt by sponsoring bills and if necessary lobbying to bring needed infrastures and institutions to our people,againg,it might interest you to know that we do not see our law maker,this is someone we only see during campaigns alone,I doubt he even has an office in the entire LGA.Lastly,no doubt,Gakem,the boundary between the supposed Biafra and Nigeria have been left in ruin for as longs as now,myself and other concern Bekwarra sons and daughters have continued to push for something to he done to ameliorate the basterdised nature of both the environs and the people Theron,but uptill now,nothing has been done,while Gakem,the land that took the highest bombs and gunshots from The Biara war remains in ruins.to this end,my people had asked me to run
Chronic:comr.we are aware you were a union leader,how true is this,and put us through your political career
Comr:I became the first head prefect at st Christopher's nursery and primary school,I leta went to Rochris comp high school were I also became senior prefect.
I let's attended allover central poly and became president national association of business admin students.I got into the university and became president national association of cross river state students fuwukari.
I remember vividly,during my nyac days,I was also unanimously chosen by my humbele colleagues to lead them as president,inec community development group.
I was also one time national secretary fegas.thus so far,it has been great and hell of experience.
Chronic:don't you this school politics is df from real world politics,by this we mean don't you know the outside politics such as the one you are embarking on is dangerous?
Comr.I don't know about that,all I know is that,there is nothing as sweet as even laying down ones life for his people.I love Bekwarra with my life and I am ready to do all they ask of me.
Chronic:elections in Nigeria is expensive,your opponent is in the ruling party and also the incumbent which means he has more money than you do,how do you think you can match him?
Comr:well,you are right,this is one of the problems associated with this not too young to run bill,as we are talking right now,me and my team are surviving this campaign by goodwill and little donations from well meaning Nigerians,we have made frantic efforts to reach the national head quarter of our party for aids to no avail.sincerely,finance is a huge hindrance to us and is really thraetning our progress,but we are determined to progress no matter what,we believe someone somewhere will come to our aids
Chronic:who are your role model in politics?
Comr:I will say Donald Trump,Kwonkwaso and Donald Duke for now.
Chronic:you are said to be very intelligent and vocal,u are also charming as we can see,tell us,are you married?
Comr:hahah,thanks for the profound compliment,truth is I am not married
Chronic:any fiance?
No
Chronic:last words
Comr.:do what is right at all time even if the whole world is against it.never think you are too small to achieve a thing,never seem too big,just be smart.
Chronic:thanks for your time
Comr.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mods, What Nigeria Owes Yoruba. / Okorocha Turned Imo Into Movie Theatre, Apprentice Shop – Amadi / Photos: Ikpeazu Has Great Value For Digital Education - Ubani Newman Ubani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.