Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers (15436 Views)

Arik Air Sacks 300 Workers / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide / Visions Cape (cleaner Lagos Initiative) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by nurez305(m): 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2018
Not less than 300 employees by Cleaner Lagos Initiave, an initiative of Visionscape who have a partnership with the Lagos State Government to keep the Lagos environment clean.

The affected workers are Sanitation Supervisors whose responsibility is to supervise Community Sanitation Workers that take care of the cleanliness of Lagos streets. Also they follow and monitor the activities of trucks that pick garbage from residents, engaged in blackspot evacuation and fly tipping. They were directly sacked by Standard Streey Manpower Limited, a contractor under Visionscape.

According to one of the sacked workers, “a lot of us resigned from previous jobs because we believe this job will be more career-based and futuristic. This sack from what we gathered has political undertone. 2019 election is fast approaching and the politicians who were contractors under the PSP arrangement and were doing a shabby job in cleaning Lagos are not happy that they lost their contracts. The Lagos State Government is therefore being blackmailed to give the contracts back so as to get their support in the upcoming election”

The reason given for this mass sack was not that the workers were not carrying out their jobs effectively, but that the Community Sanitation Workers are now to be under the Lagos State Ministry of Environment. The Ministry, therefore, ordered for the sack of the supervisors.

Below is a copy of the sack letter:

http://www.naijaviews.com/cleaner-lagos-initiative-sack-over-three-hundred-employees/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by SoberDisciple(m): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sad.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by honeyhoney(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mod this is a front page material oo, the way Lagos are sacking employees now and replace by their follower is becoming unbearable... If you can not join politics now, your government job is at stake... This was exactly I loose my own job too with lagos state government...

Too sad for the victim of cleaner Lagos angry angry angry angry

Lalasticlacla your food is ready

8 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by mydex93(f): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
This is not acceptable in anyway.. This politiking should be tackled... Very saddening

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by paroleski(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
I always knew SSML as a company was a sham. From forceful transfer from visionscape(where supervisors trained for about 2 years) to owing up to 2 months salaries without pay, (and without HMO), To an abrupt termination of employment. Whereby most of the supervisors resigned from their previous place of work.

This is injustice and political manipulation at work here in Lagos. Our dear Gov Ambode what's going on ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by baba231: 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
This country can never change how would a government disengaged 300 workers just like that . This is injustice and it must be attended to ASAP to avoid unforseen calamity . After they will say they see one lazy nigeria youth .

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by SalamRushdie: 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
Very good
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Gkay1(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
we say work nor dey nd den still dey sack, na wa o
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by wonuks(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
angry
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by jazinogold(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
m
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by DIYhackers: 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
This is where I don't understand Ambode. I knew there was gonna be a problem with this visionscape thing. I know he wants to favour some of his own people that supported him but he should know this thing will backfire because there were old people under the PSP contract before this people came on board and now the whole thing is turning around. BTW, the old PSP guys respond to picking trash truck than this new visionscape guys.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by ojmaroni247(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by skubido(m): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2018
No were to manage again nao.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by LazyNairalander(m): 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
Plus 300 added to the Labour market.

my country my country check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Ellabae(f): 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
Creating more unemployed people

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by engrjacuzzi: 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
what a pity

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by RiyadhGoddess(f): 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
Na wa o.
Adding more to unemployment rate instead of reducing it.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by zombieHUNTER: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
Those who voted sai barber are losing their jobs...

No peace for the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by wickyyolo: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2018
The workers are liars. Lagos is dirty because they're not doing their job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by zombieHUNTER: 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Cc lzaa Imhotep Evablizin

Job losses on the rise
Sai barber legacies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by olanshi: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2018

Politics everywhere! Why in the first place did Ambode disband Lawma?

Lagos is far dirty now ehn! Go into each street in Lagos you will see junks littered around.

Visionscape/Cleaner Lagos my ass!

10 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Ttipsy(f): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
sacking them can't still make daft Lagosians to stop trashing or littering the streets or roads...

Nigerians should stop the habit of dumping refuse anyhow, those sweepers ain't animals. let's change our reasoning to keep our environment clean. #copyKigali

4 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by israelmao(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
Life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by ceejay80s(m): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
.when u sack 300 workers and also sack drivers and conductors of danfo bus, make una ready for the next thing o,
where can I get a licensed gun for self defence and protection against armed robbers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
Pick up your life and re-strategize... wailing and whining would make no difference.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by ceejay80s(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
Esseite:
Pick up your life and re-strategize... wailing and whining would make no difference.

u think its that easy? no pray for this kin thing to happen to u

4 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ttipsy:
sacking them can't still make daft Lagosians to stop trashing or littering the streets or roads...

Nigerians should stop the habit of dumping refuse anyhow, those sweepers ain't animals. let's change our reasoning to keep our environment clean. #copyKigali

No truer comment than this. It's very easy for us to attack the government without putting into cognisance our faults as citizens. Even though it's undeniable that they contribute to the menace, however, we(the citizens) equally take a huge chunk of the blame.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by davit: 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
The HR person who wrote the letter really needs to still go back to school at least for his/her use of English. I had to read the letter thrice to understand its intent!

3 Likes

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
mydex93:
This is not acceptable in anyway.. This politiking should be tackled... Very saddening
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by lollmaolol(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Cleaner Lagos Nigeria Enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by lollmaolol(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
lollmaolol:
Cleaner Lagos Nigeria Enterprise.

What will Jesus do
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Ugosample(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ttipsy:

At last

Someone sensible

People complaining that the streets are dirty should ask how the dirt got to the street in the first place undecided

Dumb Nigerians throwing trash everywhere and turning back to blame the govt.

Why can't the market organise themselves and map out strategies to dispose waste that they generate?

Can't each market contribute towards this?

All the dues that they pay is now for what

What kind of shithole country is this bikonu

Back to topic

It's tragic that these people have lost their jobs

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terrence Benjamin Chukwu Unveils N200,000 Grant Monthly For Startups / Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.