Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers (15435 Views)

Arik Air Sacks 300 Workers / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide / Visions Cape (cleaner Lagos Initiative) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by debaj10: 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
all of you,
shhh.
ambode is working.
Lagos is working.
more sack race loading.
lasgidi,
wehdon jare.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Smithvet32: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2018
This is serious,lagos state government needs to do something about it,
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
ceejay80s:

u think its that easy? no pray for this kin thing to happen to u

Its not a prayer, its life.... some CV's after years of education never made it to a workplace, but they wont kill themselves over it rather they mended their broken hearts and re-strategized...

I dont wish them ill, its just life and its mechanism.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Ttipsy(f): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ugosample:

At last

Someone sensible

People complaining that the streets are dirty should ask how the dirt got to the street in the first place undecided

Dumb Nigerians throwing trash everywhere and turning back to blame the govt.

Why can't the market organise themselves and map out strategies to dispose waste that they generate?

Can't each market contribute towards this?

All the dues that they pay is now for what

What kind of shithole country is this bikonu

Back to topic

It's tragic that these people have lost their jobs
it's obvious. thanks for ya Contribution
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Egein(m): 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
Your first paragraph is senseless and incomplete.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by seguno2: 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
paroleski:
I always knew SSML as a company was a sham. From forceful transfer from visionscape(where supervisors trained for about 2 years) to owing up to 2 months salaries without pay, (and without HMO), To an abrupt termination of employment. Whereby most of the supervisors resigned from their previous place of work.

This is injustice and political manipulation at work here in Lagos. Our dear Gov Ambode what's going on ?

Dear governor Ambode does not care.
If he cared, he would not be doing local government work due to his own idleness and incapacity for the real work of a governor.
I guess that is what Lagosians deserve for their abysmally low expectations of their public servants.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by santori: 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ugosample:

At last

Someone sensible

People complaining that the streets are dirty should ask how the dirt got to the street in the first place undecided

Dumb Nigerians throwing trash everywhere and turning back to blame the govt.

Why can't the market organise themselves and map out strategies to dispose waste that they generate?

Can't each market contribute towards this?

All the dues that they pay is now for what

What kind of shithole country is this bikonu

Back to topic

It's tragic that these people have lost their jobs

bros, talk what you know o, you don't expect people to start eating up their wastes , the question is do the visions scape guys turn up to cart away wastes generated and properly disposed in bags and large bins.

You rarely see refuse littering everywhere during fasholas tenure. Ambode took a very wise decision by taking a 360 degrees step on waste disposal. Lagos is an eyesore today , refuse in every streets and roads

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by santori: 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
santori:

bros, talk what you know o, you don't expect people to start eating up their wastes , the question is do the visions scape guys turn up to cart away wastes generated and properly disposed in bags and large bins.

You rarely see refuse littering everywhere during fasholas tenure. Ambode took a very wise decision by taking a 360 degrees step on waste disposal. Lagos is an eyesore today , refuse in every streets and roads
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by amarisita(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
This is serious. Soon they will says we are lazy youth.
They make us leave our previous job, making us believe that its a 10years contract. All the 6 month we work has always been up an down.
We need government intervention in this, if they (government) could absorbed over 10 thousand community sanitation worker's (csw) why can't they absorbed just 300 supervisor and put them in level 8 under the ministry of environment, after all we are all graduate.

PLS MR GOVERNOR, HELP US LOOK INTO THIS. WE ALL HAVE FAMILY TO CATER FOR.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by ibkayee(f): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sacking them won't stop anything, it's the mindset of the people creating the mess that needs to be tackled. Enforce and encourage initiatives to maintain a cleaner environment, like fines for littering etc

I feel so bad for those people who have lost their jobs
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by JimJimJim: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
amarisita:
This is serious. Soon they will says we are lazy youth.
They make us leave our previous job, making us believe that its a 10years contract. All the 6 month we work has always been up an down.
We need government intervention in this, if they (government) could absorbed over 10 thousand community sanitation worker's (csw) why can't they absorbed just 300 supervisor and put them in level 8 under the ministry of environment, after all we are all graduate.

PLS MR GOVERNOR, HELP US LOOK INTO THIS. WE ALL HAVE FAMILY TO CATER FOR.

Nigeria na wa! When will job lost end. Is anything
secured in this country?
Sorry to the supervisors, I pray they find alternatives soon.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by JimJimJim: 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
paroleski:
I always knew SSML as a company was a sham. From forceful transfer from visionscape(where supervisors trained for about 2 years) to owing up to 2 months salaries without pay, (and without HMO), To an abrupt termination of employment. Whereby most of the supervisors resigned from their previous place of work.

This is injustice and political manipulation at work here in Lagos. Our dear Gov Ambode what's going on ?

2years training in visionscape? I thought they were new in lagos.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Ishilove: 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
DIYhackers:
This is where I don't understand Ambode. I knew there was gonna be a problem with this visionscape thing. I know he wants to favour some of his own people that supported him but he should know this thing will backfire because there were old people under the PSP contract before this people came on board and now the whole thing is turning around. BTW, the old PSP guys respond to picking trash truck than this new visionscape guys.
I don't know how this Visionscape thing is supposed to work but I do know that the old system worked better than this new one. Lagos is now an eyesore. Trash and dirt everywhere
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by willibounce1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2018
lol..where are all the itesiwaju eko shouting gullible morons? You people have not seen anything yet. Continue to praise a useless govt that is scamming you. They want to turn everything in the state to private property...even workers to their friends and family so they can do what ever they like. look at the many of the idio.ts employed to manage the BRT buses. they employ friends and families and those ones mismanage the whole business and don't give a damn but they'll never sack them.

you lagosians have not started suffering. suffering will still choke most of you
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Pabloo01: 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
Shame to Lagos state,shame to APC,shame to cleaner Lagos and management. Shame to most importantly the useless managements of SSML that could not do something right.
Does it mean that Africa(Nigeria) is cursed?
You will all die someday.
Mr Ibrahim Fearon you and your family will perish .
You so called HR and team.when I look at you most times, you may think I admire you,I always imaging you lying motionless some day.You are all cheap thiefs..

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by nurez305(m): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2018
JimJimJim:

2years training in visionscape? I thought they were new in lagos.
the recruitment and training take close to 2years before the Supervisor start working
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Dee1murphy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
wickyyolo:
The workers are liars. Lagos is dirty because they're not doing their job
You're a big fat liar and a big fool....where did you get the false information.... . stop misinforming the public with your ignorance or you're deliberately being economical with the truth.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by wickyyolo: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Dee1murphy:

You're a big fat liar and a big fool....where did you get the false information.... . stop misinforming the public with your ignorance or you're deliberately being economical with the truth.

This fool, don't you see how dirty Lagos is ?

Maybe your dad was sacked but don't transfer your father incompetence to me
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by harrystories(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
willibounce1:
lol..where are all the itesiwaju eko shouting gullible morons? You people have not seen anything yet. Continue to praise a useless govt that is scamming you. They want to turn everything in the state to private property...even workers to their friends and family so they can do what ever they like. look at the many of the idio.ts employed to manage the BRT buses. they employ friends and families and those ones mismanage the whole business and don't give a damn but they'll never sack them.

you lagosians have not started suffering. suffering will still choke most of you
What is this one saying
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by chicwoman(f): 11:40am On Jun 17, 2018
What are you even saying?

So the thing is. The CLI reforms were creating jobs. The political class have rejected the changes and so the jobs that came with them are also going. It's unfortunate that a small group of old men will truncate the destiny of 300 young people.

So they've taken the control of the sweepers from the private company and returned it to the civil servants to do and undo. Shikena!
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by OlisaOsega87: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2018
Why must we politicize everything in this country? If people were disengaged from their contracts, why are we not asking why they were disengaged? Must we always conclude that there's political sentiment in everything Let's get to the root of why these workers were disengaged and stop putting fake suggestions all over the place. This article is watery and the claims of sacking workers because of election gains is entirely watery.

nurez305:
Not less than 300 employees by Cleaner Lagos Initiave, an initiative of Visionscape who have a partnership with the Lagos State Government to keep the Lagos environment clean.

The affected workers are Sanitation Supervisors whose responsibility is to supervise Community Sanitation Workers that take care of the cleanliness of Lagos streets. Also they follow and monitor the activities of trucks that pick garbage from residents, engaged in blackspot evacuation and fly tipping. They were directly sacked by Standard Streey Manpower Limited, a contractor under Visionscape.

According to one of the sacked workers, “a lot of us resigned from previous jobs because we believe this job will be more career-based and futuristic. This sack from what we gathered has political undertone. 2019 election is fast approaching and the politicians who were contractors under the PSP arrangement and were doing a shabby job in cleaning Lagos are not happy that they lost their contracts. The Lagos State Government is therefore being blackmailed to give the contracts back so as to get their support in the upcoming election”

The reason given for this mass sack was not that the workers were not carrying out their jobs effectively, but that the Community Sanitation Workers are now to be under the Lagos State Ministry of Environment. The Ministry, therefore, ordered for the sack of the supervisors.

Below is a copy of the sack letter:

http://www.naijaviews.com/cleaner-lagos-initiative-sack-over-three-hundred-employees/

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by esqbeats: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
But I thought the PSPs and visionscape had settled their differences and since been working together..��‍♂️��‍♂️.even though Visionscape is not handling Lagos wastes anymore so why is Visionscape still getting the stick for everything happening... What's the role of the PSPs in this and why is nobody talking about them... I'm suspecting a foul play against visionscape, but then, I don't know what's going on internally so I really can't say much. Sha give us the cleaner Lagos you guys have promised us. Itesiwaju Eko lo je wa logun o

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Yettyqueen1: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
The CLI reforms were creating jobs. The political class have rejected the changes and so the jobs that came with them are also going. It's unfortunate that a small group of old men will truncate the destiny of 300 young people. So they've taken the control of the sweepers from the private company and returned it to the civil servants to do and undo. I wonder whether those sweepers will even have all the benefits that were promised.

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by yeankhar49: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
nurez305:
Not less than 300 employees by Cleaner Lagos Initiave, an initiative of Visionscape who have a partnership with the Lagos State Government to keep the Lagos environment clean.
No
The affected workers are Sanitation Supervisors whose responsibility is to supervise Community Sanitation Workers that take care of the cleanliness of Lagos streets. Also they follow and monitor the activities of trucks that pick garbage from residents, engaged in blackspot evacuation and fly tipping. They were directly sacked by Standard Streey Manpower Limited, a contractor under Visionscape.

According to one of the sacked workers, “a lot of us resigned from previous jobs because we believe this job will be more career-based and futuristic. This sack from what we gathered has political undertone. 2019 election is fast approaching and the politicians who were contractors under the PSP arrangement and were doing a shabby job in cleaning Lagos are not happy that they lost their contracts. The Lagos State Government is therefore being blackmailed to give the contracts back so as to get their support in the upcoming election”

The reason given for this mass sack was not that the workers were not carrying out their jobs effectively, but that the Community Sanitation Workers are now to be under the Lagos State Ministry of Environment. The Ministry, therefore, ordered for the sack of the supervisors.

http://www.naijaviews.com/cleaner-lagos-initiative-sack-over-three-hundred-employees/

Election? You people sha. We are not even in 2019 yet and some of you want to start dragging Ambode, ahan... This is definitely from the opposition. It's very very clear. What has waste collection got to do with election or politics for that matter? You people just like putting wrong ideas into people's minds. I'm not supporting them for the sack o, people have lost their jobs yes, and it's sad.. But why not let's investigate the reason for the sack and not just jump into the political sentiment... Which publication did this anyways? Blogs and their hustle for site clicks sha. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by esqbeats: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
I really don’t understand how everything has to be about political schedule.
When there is more technical change in a firm, some unskilled labours will tend to lose their jobs. It’s only for another division of labour to be taken care of.
Y’all don’t expect paying 40 people for a job done my machine can do with then help of 3 - 4 people... It’s just pure business strategy.

No man wanna run at lose.
Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by itzKonani: 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
These PSP people have come back again, I thought they settled their standoff with visionscape some weeks back, what's all this one again... I think they are trying to kick out Visionscape by all means because they are not allowed to collect money from us again. They want to go back to the former system of waste collection, that's why they are doing everything to chase visionscape away.. That's the way me I see it o. It's now election you people want to be using to fight visionscape so that Lagos can send them away and you people will resume collecting money from us.... No, we don't want. Visionscape should stay and keep packing the dirts for free.

nurez305:

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by Zabiboy: 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2020
nurez305:

Re: Cleaner Lagos Initiatives Sacks 300 Sanitation Workers by nurez305(m): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2020
Zabiboy:

Check ur mail...
Or gimme ur whatsapp number
what for bro ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Requirements To Apply For A Bank Job / Terrence Benjamin Chukwu Unveils N200,000 Grant Monthly For Startups / Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.