Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,252 members, 7,957,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D (5568 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by babaowo: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
well i which ghana good luck
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by shesi(m): 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
look at these bitter maafackers.

No chance for GHANA? we'll see!!

four years ago we had Italy (eventual winners) Czech Republic (then no.3 ranked team in the world) and USA (then no.4 ranked team in the world) and We came out easy.

Four years on you're doubting us to go past Serbia and Australia? Fark those two. WE are beating Germany to come out top of that group. Put your money on it.

Football is played on the day between 2 teams of 11. We are out to show the African athlete is a far superior specimen than any caucasian athlete can ever be. All we need to do is win 7 games and we are World Champions.

You guys should just focus on your own eaglets and not worry so much about the Mighty Black Stars of Ghana. We are on top of our game. TYVM.
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by kabna(m): 1:53am On Jun 10, 2010
shesi:

look at these bitter maafackers.

No chance for GHANA? we'll see!!

four years ago we had Italy (eventual winners) Czech Republic (then no.3 ranked team in the world) and USA (then no.4 ranked team in the world) and We came out easy.

Four years on you're doubting us to go past Serbia and Australia? Fark those two. WE are beating Germany to come out top of that group. Put your money on it.

Football is played on the day between 2 teams of 11. We are out to show the African athlete is a far superior specimen than any caucasian athlete can ever be. All we need to do is win 7 games and we are World Champions.

You guys should just focus on your own eaglets and not worry so much about the Mighty Black Stars of Ghana. We are on top of our game. TYVM.

I LIKE UR CONFIDENCE ALOT. MAKES ME ACTUALLY BELIEVE GHANA WILL DO VERY WELL
I ALSO FOR SEE A GHANA NIGERIA QUATER FINALS
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by Africason(m): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
I actually see Ghana in the semi-finals but thence, anything and i mean anythin' could happen! Am not a Seer but. . .  It is HAPPENING!  smiley Go Ghana, make us proud. Insha Allah! In Jesus Name! smiley

Waving Flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxmEd9lcn0k&feature=fvst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utl-uOdX12w&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9HeJkmyFPQ&feature=related
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
Go Ghana!!!!
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dominique(f): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Go Ghana!!!!

no longer Germany? welcome to the club smiley
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dominique(f): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
Australia's Kewell and Cahill Fit and Raring To Go

Australia today declared themselves ready for a tough challenge against the former champions Germany in Durban on Sunday with key players having recovered from niggling injuries and in line to play in their World Cup opener.

Harry Kewell and Australia's top scorer Tim Cahill said they were fit to play, and took part in training after being doubtful for the Group D match with groin and neck strains respectively.

"We're sharp, we're fit, we're strong. Again we are up for this," Kewell said before a late‑afternoon training session on the eve of the tournament opening.

Cahill came off at half‑time during the team's final warm-up match against the USA after hurting his neck trying to head the ball. A doctor gave him the all-clear after the match but he sat out part of Tuesday's practice, raising concern the key player would miss the Germany game.

Kewell remained on the bench for the friendly but is regarded as fit after recovering from a groin problem which developed while he was playing for the Turkish club Galatasaray this year.

"I feel great, we are working hard all the time. The team is looking good ,  we are as prepared as we can be," he said, adding it was now up to the coach to decide how big a part he would play.

Kewell said Germany were always tough opponents, and would be on Sunday, despite a spate of injuries. "Everyone is looking for these angles against the Germans, saying they are a young team, saying the pressure is going to be on them, they are willing to go forward. But let's not forget every time they come up to a big tournament they are always the favourites to near enough win it."

Cahill said defence would be all-important. "I think we have to work off the basis of making sure we don't concede, and then hopefully going on to win the game. We have watched a lot of the German team already. I want to make sure that I'm on my game to hopefully make an upset on the day."

Australia, ranked 20th by Fifa and in their third World Cup, also face Ghana on 19 June and Serbia on 23 June.
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dominique(f): 10:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
Serbia Players Rubbish Quality Of Ghana Players

Serbia players have raised the tension ahead of the eagerly anticipated World Cup clash with Ghana on Sunday insisting that the Black Stars have no world class players.

Central defender Aleksander Lukovic, who plays with Kwadwo Asamoah and Agyemang Badu at Italian side Udinese, says Serbia has got more qualityplayers than Ghana.

The three Udinese players had been engaged in private banters at their club over who will emerge victorious in the Group D club when the draw was made.But with three days to go before the two sides clash in South Africa, even though Lukovic admits Ghana has got good players he says they are not world class.“Most of our players ply their trade at the very top club level while you can’t say the same for Ghana,” Lukovic told a press conference.

“But that doesn’t mean we will underestimate them because we know they are a very good side.“There are two Ghana internationals at my (Italian) club Udinese, Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu and Kwadwo Asamoah, and Stephen Appiah was also my team mate there before he left so I know exactly how tough they will be to break down.”

Serbia play Germany in Port Elizabeth on June 18 and Australia in Nelspruit five days later.
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
That one na effizy.

Germany all the way
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by shesi(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
Serbia is just a poor man's Germany. Come sunday we'll show them that playing football is quite different from digging mass graves. which they are experts at.
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dominique(f): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
^^^ let's hope smiley
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
Serbia has Nemanja Vidic of man utd, Branislav Ivanovic of Chelsea, Neven Subotic of Dortmund, Kolarov of lazio, Gokco Kacar of Hertha Berlin, Tosic of man Utd, Pantelic of Ajax, Stankovic of Inter, Nicola Zigic of Valencia, Milos Krasic of CSKA and Kuzmanovic of Stuttgart.

Truth be told they have more stars than Ghana
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by Sauron1: 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2010
Serbia will beat Ghana bluish-blackish.
I saw Ghana against Netherlands. . . . .They were rubbish.
Without Essien, they don't have any thrust to start any attack.
Re: Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia: World Cup 2010 Group D by dayokanu(m): 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
Thomas Muller

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quadri, Abiodun Retain Portuguese Cup [MUST READ] / Is This My Consistent Sport Betting Win A Luck? / WAFU Cup Final: Nigeria Vs Togo On Saturday May 14 @ 4pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.