Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL (1418 Views)

Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. / Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) / Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Blue3k2: 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
INLAND Container Nigeria Limited (ICNL); operators of Kaduna Inland Dry Port (KIDP) has expressed its confidence and competence to run the Onitsha River Port.

Speaking with journalists in Lagos recently, Managing Director of ICNL; Mr. Yusuf Ismail, said that the company has tendered its bidding for the concessioning of the Onitsha River Port, even as he expressed confidence that the company has what it takes to operate the port.

Ismail also said that as the first successful ICD operator in Nigeria, other operators of ICDs in all the geo-political zones of Nigeria have been coming to his company for advice on how to run ICD projects. According to him, one of the companies is the Edo Inland Container Depot. We participated in the bidding for concession of Onitsha River Port which we are waiting for the result. So any time from now the Federal Government will announce the winner. If we are lucky to win it, we are going to run the Onitsha River port too. What is the difference between the seaport and the dry port?”

Speaking further on the operation of river ports in Nigeria, he said “if government wants it functional, they will call investors to come and invest in them and give them the guidelines. They should put policies in place and there should be a regulatory body that will make sure it works. So that is how it is going to work.

“Everything lies in government hands. Even the port we are looking at here in Apapa, Tin-Can and everywhere; if government wants it to work, it will work.

It wasn’t like this in the early 1990s and early 2000 before the ports were handed over to private investors,” he added.

That time, it took us 30, 40 days to take containers out of the port. But when the private investors came onboard, things changed for the better”, he added.

Source: http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/150586/

Front Page: Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by jesse8048(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
Bring back or kill it completely?
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
I hope they can do it.
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Blue3k2: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
If he does win I hope nobody calls it northanization or secret plan to import weapons. Lol paranoid conspiracies and chest bearing taughts loading. The author should've asked for specifics on what policies he would like.

4 Likes

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by legitnow: 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2018
vagabon go to ur north, we want nothing more with you.

1 Like

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by wordcat(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything lies in government hand. Even the port we are looking at here in Apapa, Tin-Can and everywhere; if government wants it to work, it will work.

Hope I'm not the only one that read this line.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by NonsoWow: 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
It is dangerous handing that port over to a northerner. This is where the voice of Ohaneze Ndigbo is needed.

4 Likes

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Blue3k2: 5:44am On Jun 17, 2018
legitnow:
vagabon go to ur north, we want nothing more with you.

Lol how they forget. When the quit notice happened who went North crying and calling the UN?

2 Likes

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Preshy561(f): 5:59am On Jun 17, 2018
go and run your sambisa.
You think Onitsha is where you northerners can come and uphold like you are doing to lagos sea port.

1 Like

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Preshy561(f): 6:00am On Jun 17, 2018
[s]
Blue3k2:

Lol how they forget. When the quit notice happened who went North crying and calling the UN?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Blue3k2: 6:06am On Jun 17, 2018
Preshy561:
go and run your sambisa.
You think Onitsha is where you northerners can come and uphold like you are doing to lagos sea port.

Lol you chest beaters are always entertaining. You can't stop him if he won concession and you wont suddendly ignore port. Why not let him come do business if you guys go north to business? I guess logical consistency isnt a virtue with your type. Just hope some other bidder wins the concession.
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by BabaRamota1980: 6:52am On Jun 17, 2018
Preshy561:
go and run your sambisa.

You don start, abi?
grin
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Preshy561(f): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2018
[s]
Blue3k2:

Lol you chest beaters are always entertaining. You can't stop him if he won concession and you wont suddendly ignore port. Why not let him come do business if you guys go north to business? I guess logical consistency isnt a virtue with your type. Just hope some other bidder wins the concession.
[/s]
Yaawns.
this post ooze of plastic kettle.

4 Likes

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Blue3k2: 7:18am On Jun 17, 2018
Preshy561:
[s][/s]
[s]Yaawns.
this post ooze of plastic kettle.
[/s]

Lol sensless chhest beaters always reek of hypocrisy. Simple questions you guys run away from. Oh well at least you guys are good for a good laugh if nothing else.
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Almaiga: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2018
Nice one, the North wants to help Igbo's develop their land.

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 17, 2018
we don't need any hausa fulani over here
all their actions are suspicious and full of failure

super eagles is a good example
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by lilfreezy: 8:19am On Jun 17, 2018
They should go and run their Kaduna inland port. These people want to systematically kill the Onitsha project from the inside

2 Likes

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:22am On Jun 17, 2018
The South East has being clamouring for this for long!

Buhari should not show the world that he is an ethnic bigot by handing it over to the North

The East has more than enough manpower to handle that project

@Buhari should stop creating unnecessary tension in the country!

3 Likes

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Blue3k2:

Lol sensless chhest beaters always reek of hypocrisy. Simple questions you guys run away from. Oh well at least you guys are good for a good laugh if nothing else.

I thought u created this thread with good intentions but I can see that u are just as bigoted and stupid as the rest.

well I hope that aboki doesnt get to control the river port.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by Blue3k2: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
[s]
Tushkito:

I thought u created this thread with good intentions but I can see that u are just as bigoted and stupid as the rest.[/s]

well I hope that aboki doesnt get to control the river port.

Lol you chest beaters refuse to make sense. Whats bigoted about laughing at internet tough guys. You dont want the man to manage river port because you simply dislike northerners. I noticed none of you clowns can point to specific reason why he shouldn't get it besides being a northerner. The hypocrisy is hillarious.
Re: We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL by BelovedBuhari(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
The River port is a federal government property. And as such any competent company irespective of the tribe of the Directors.

It's even better that it will be a neutral person so that there won't be any bias in dealing with importers.

If not you people will soon come back to tell us that the Igbo concessionaire favours only his village people at the expense of other Igbos

If his company wins the bid kill yourself

(1) (Reply)

2017 Prophecy: Atiku Will Defeat Buhari In 2019; Prophet Olagunju / The State Of Port Harcourt International Airport In 2016 That They Forgot / Rochas Okorocha Will Be Going To Prison - A Mad Man In Owerri Declares.(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.