Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) (25066 Views)

Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. / Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning / Onitsha Port Concessioned To 2 Firms, May Commence Operations This Year - NIWA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:20am On Feb 03, 2022
Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi gave the information at the end of the Council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The cost is also meant to cover the supervision of the Kano-Katsina-Dibia-Maradi rail lines.
According to Amaechi; “The ministry of transport presented two memos and the first one has to do with a contract for consultancy services for supervision of the various railway projects.

You know that we have three or four railway projects that are yet to start or commence construction on and they include the Port Harcourt-Maiduguri, Kano-Maradi and then Abuja to Warri. Now, for the consultancy services, the following contractors were approved with a total cost of $187.7 million.
“The contractors are GE Engineers Infrastructure Excellence/Yaro son and partnership limited, Core Consulting Engineering Plc, that is for Abuja-Warri. And then for the consultants’ services for supervision of Port Harcourt-Maiduguri with batch lines to Bonny Deepsea Port and Port Harcourt industrial park, and then to Owerri, we have Gary consults SDBHD/Jabu Global Services Limited at $97.5 million.
The first one is $38.4 million. Then the last one is consultancy services for the supervision of the Kano-Katsina-Dibia-Maradi rail line, to Techniques Engineering, Architecture Marketing Nigeria Limited and that is for $47,670 million, all of them for a period of 36 months.

“The second one, the cabinet approved a concession agreement for Onitsha River Port to a company called Universal Eligion consortium that will manage the River Port for 30 years”.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/02/selected-railway-projects-to-gulp-187m-fec-reveals/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by janedonez(m): 6:24am On Feb 03, 2022
Better days ahead, can we know more about the river port,its strategic and economic relevance

31 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by gaby(m): 6:24am On Feb 03, 2022
This sounds like a good one and will help in decongesting the ever-busy and overstretched Lagos port.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:27am On Feb 03, 2022
gaby:
This sounds like a good one and will help in decingesting the ever-busy and over stretched Lagos port.
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/fec-approves-371-27m-for-consultancy-supervision-contracts-for-three-rail-projects/

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by PrinceOfLagos: 6:27am On Feb 03, 2022
Nice one
Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by BBBmall25: 6:35am On Feb 03, 2022
BUARI IS WORKING

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:37am On Feb 03, 2022
Onitsha port ready

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Rugaria: 6:39am On Feb 03, 2022
Who are the characters behind This "Universal Regilion" thing?
Folks need to ask more questions in matters like this, because this was how they handed over Onne port to Atiku and Dangote them. Today, Onne port in Rivers state is run like a private Fulani asset..

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 03, 2022
Nigeria is working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by michlins(m): 7:06am On Feb 03, 2022
Lovely news this morning
Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by OVB123: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2022
Anambra is going higher. God bless anambra, God bless igbo land. Amen!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Kosoco(m): 7:16am On Feb 03, 2022
It can only be Buhari upon all the hate

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by leicestercamper: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2022
Anambra amaka

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by SlayerForever: 7:18am On Feb 03, 2022
Anambra is obviously doing very well, and it can only get better. Soon the state will become the benchmark for good governance in Nigeria. Truly the light of the nation.

On the side, I want to ask. Where will the barges be loaded enroute to Onitsha port. Is it at Onne? If at Onne, what river route will the barges take from Onne to Onitsha?

26 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2022
As we begin today with goodnews
Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by OsuAmaka: 7:32am On Feb 03, 2022
What's the noise all about?

When the largest vessel berthed at Onne port, y'all said Lagos port would run dry but today, nothing has changed. With the new Anambra airport, has it reduced the traffic in MMA, Abuja, & Kano?

What pisses one off about you guys is your noisy attitude towards the simplest of things.
If you're not making noise about a Governor inspecting malls, it is about a stadium in Akwa. Meanwhile there is an ongoing construction of a 6,000 capacity stadium by a privately owned club in Remo
with standard facilities yet no one is disturbing our peace about it. Everything no be noise.

-Osu amaka

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:57am On Feb 03, 2022
OsuAmaka:
What's the noise all about?

When the largest vessel berthed at Onne port, y'all said Lagos port would run dry but today, nothing has changed. With the new Anambra airport, has it reduced the traffic in MMA, Abuja, & Kano?

What pisses one off about you guys is your noisy attitude towards the simplest of things.

-Osu amaka
I feel your pain just know your ranting here can't stop our progress, Anambra now has Cargo and Passenger Airport, now Onitsha port it didn't come over night, its a process, to build a mega industrialize and leisure smart city state has begun the major facilities will accelerate our quest, we are fourth largest economy in Nigeria without these, imagine Anambra with these key facilities and one of Africa finest just elected as governor elect, all I can say with your bitter and jealous mind, more good news coming from this great state will shorten your lifespan, I will make sure I contribute to that here on nairaland grin grin

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by ruggedboych: 8:00am On Feb 03, 2022
Hope is not audio

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by horsepower102: 8:05am On Feb 03, 2022
I won’t celebrate until I find out who is behind that company.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by walemoney007(m): 8:05am On Feb 03, 2022
post=109912094:

I feel your pain just know your ranting here can't stop our progress, Anambra now has Cargo and Passenger Airport, now Onitsha port it didn't come over night, its a process, to build a mega industrialize and leisure smart city state has begun the major facilities will accelerate our quest, we are fourth largest economy in Nigeria without these, imagine Anambra with these key facilities and one of Africa finest just elected as governor elect, all I can say with your bitter and jealous mind, more good news coming from this great state will shorten your lifespan, I will make sure I contribute to that here on nairaland grin grin
where is your source that shows Anambra is the 4th largest economy in Nigeria.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by OsuAmaka: 8:06am On Feb 03, 2022
post=109912094:

When Anambra airport was being commissioned, deluded folks like you said Lagos airport would go dry, so, I ask you how has Lagos airport being affected now?. You forgot that there is an International airport in Enugu, there's also a airport in Imo, yet those ghost airports could not pull a strand of hair off Lagos, Abuja and Kano Airports.

Talking about Onne seaport, how many vessels have berthed at the terminal since it was dredged and open up?. From the development, Maersk directed their vessels to be routed through Onne port, while the news tickles your fantasies, you were all gloating about ibos abandoning Lagos port. We wonder what is stopping ibos from patronizing their dearest Onne port where activities remain skeletal.

Innoson is a private enterprise seeking public patronage just as any private business but ibos are busy crying on our shoulders to accept innoson as a national brand. The entitlement mentality that seeks to compel Federal Government to buy Innoson as a gesture of making ibos feel they are part of Nigeria. What a disgusting mentality.
Proforce like Innoson is a privately owned car manufacturing company yet Proforce is rapidly divesting and expanding across West Africa region. He has established his manufacturing plants in Kuwait, UAE, etc. He did all that without making noise or Yoruba crying in the media for Government to patronize him. Now that Dangote has opened his car factory, we are waiting to witness another cry of marginalization from you guys. The earlier ibos realize that we owe you nothing, the better for all of you. Stop disturbing our peace. We have over 250 ethnic groups in this country.

-Osu amaka

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Factshunter: 8:10am On Feb 03, 2022
walemoney007:
where is your source that shows Anambra is the 4th largest economy in Nigeria.

Source, for where? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2022
SlayerForever:
Anambra is obviously doing very well, and it can only get better. Soon the state will become the benchmark for good governance in Nigeria. Truly the light of the nation.

On the side, I want to ask. Where will the barges be loaded enroute to Onitsha port. Is it at Onne? If at Onne, what river route will the barges take from Onne to Onitsha?
Orashi river
Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by chamboy(m): 8:35am On Feb 03, 2022
post=109912418:

Key projects in Anambra

Internationl Cargo and passenger Airport , Onitsha port, Anambra now oil producing state, second Niger bridge, one section of Onitsha to Awka well constructed by RCC, above all electing Prof Soludo as next governor of Anambra State.

Both state and Federal has done well for Anambra people, like Oliver Twist we still want more

Buhari try for Anambra pass GEJ ok what do I know

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by chamboy(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2022
I saw Obiano Thanking Buhari in the Airport showoff Video, now Ameachi is signing Sea Port deal, Fashola has declare end of this year for 2nd Niger Bridge. And Buhari still hates Igbo.

For me, In terms of bedrock for economy to flourish Buhari has try pass GEJ. Well, what do i know sef.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by Valuepaints20(m): 8:40am On Feb 03, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) by porthouse7(f): 8:41am On Feb 03, 2022
like i said ship will never berth at d port, they only move cargos in barges, just a very tiny river moving cargos in barges depending on ports from lagos and onne... dat one na port?

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ICC Accepts Petition Against Onanuga, Others Over Alleged Incitement / Sit-at-home: Army Chief Orders Raid On IPOB Hideouts / "We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes" - FG Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.