Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,496 members, 7,836,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? (30370 Views)

Premier League: Liverpool Set Premier League Record After Aston Villa 7-2 Loss / Highlights Of Barcelona's 8-2 Loss To Bayern (Video, Photos) / World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by lekbel09(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
the coach lost it tactically by fielding etebo in defense midfield and also by playing high balls ,Croatia won virtually all the aerial duels
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by opsyswagger(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Balogun realy pay a fantastic game today... the man of the match goes to him

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by mavinc4u(f): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Everything is wrong jare. That mikel should be removed Abeg, he has nothing to offer but all the same why did they play their first match with that dull jersey.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by orlymat: 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Akwa ibom people and romance eeh! Ikong cannot behave for just 90 minutes for the love of the country

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by DIYhackers: 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
Pray:
Changes made no change. Ekong should know football is not wrestling. Be hard with sense
I don't understand his intention, what manner of player does that inside the box 18
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by bigtt76(f): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2018
1. Coach refused the players goat meat peppersoup and isi-ewu
2. Coach played some players in the wrong position
3. Coach was biased and asked for bribe from the players
4. The referee no wan epp we
5. The Russian authorities refused us our live chicken at the stadium

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by namio10: 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
Wrong was that Nigeria is not one country.

Croatia from old Yugo has become a super country.

Let the many workable countries to emerge from Nigeria for the benefit of the black race, Africa and the world.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Bimpe29: 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
Who the pig's prophecy epp?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by jaxxy(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
Senselin:
To me, Etebo did not play his usual wing. I don't blame his own goal.. Coach Rohr follow kill us. Why a lone striker (Ighalo) when we needed two?

Mikel, what happened?

Technical issues from the coach and poor attack dats all. The defense did well beside d mistake.dat led to the penalty. Our problem the attack has no game plan, no coordinated attack caused our defeat.

Mikel didnt feed the attack with his straight passes and attack wasn't pro active. I hope the coach studies dis game well technically knows how to use these boys better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by fowlyansh181(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
Super Eagles no be kukuruku

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
I've been waiting to see this thread on the FP since yesterday grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by opsyswagger(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
Do u also watch match.. :i was thinking it was the back of television u were watchiing.. tongue tongue
mavinc4u:
Everything is wrong jare. That mikel should be removed Abeg, he has nothing to offer but all the same why did they play their first match with that dull jersey.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Ruddyk9: 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
Etebo was unlucky
See d penalty again
Video below ⬇️⬇️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDwAPN_mxWA
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Dex4(m): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Did anyone see Mikel chase a ball down the wing? He's outta steam.

Rohr should always play 2 strikers upfront, Iheanachor first. He and Musa showed more zeal than the others.

Moses should stop being stupid, stay on ur feet and play ball, man!
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by hardeytarhyour(m): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
I don't see it bad but fail, they score two un-emotional goal although Gernot Rohr Bleep up the game,,,,.Wrong tactics, he have put in more midfielder 3-5-2 to stop monster*Modric* and Rakitic,,,.Mikel nothing, substituting Iwobi is an error,, Balogun think football has no rule, more work is to be done

put your head up lads

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Teeboi56: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
The coach of cos
Mikel is not in d match he supposed to ave subtitled him earlier
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by kitone: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
WE TOLD THEM OOOOOO BUT THEY SAID IT WAS JUST A FRIENDLY
Koolking:
Everything went wrong. Mikel, Moses most especially are 'dont dirty players', they have no business in the squad. Check the stats, you'll confirm everything was wrong.

I knew the team was no good during the international friendly.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
donqx:
the super eagles is part of our numerous problems among poverty hunger corruption selfish interest bad leadership bereaucracy red tapism among others

i insist.

please all the players should return back to their clubs after losing out...don't bother to come back to nigeria again.
until we implement death sentence or jail term to any player who performed woefully.that is when we will get things right.
I read saudi arabia will be punishing their players who lost 5-0 to russia.
super eagles does not deserve a kobo for this participation.they can keep the useless overhyped jersey and continue taking pictures with their thumbs up in europe

grin grin Have mercy naw.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by xolomonstrides(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Someone should tell these peeps that this cross cross style of football has not paid us and would never pay us. Leaving 1 man in front is only a reflection of the style adopted by the coach.. Cross from the midfield. All other coaches have been doing the same that is why we have never gone far.. Building ball into the front line from the middle is the kind of football we have to go and learn. It worked for us with the junior teams. It works for most teams in Europe. Well maybe Nigeria adopts this style because it is the easiest style of play and these our guys are lazy in my opinion or maybe it's just the coach

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by tuoyoojo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
we went with the wrong team
where was is the team that played against atheletico Madrid

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Whizsam(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
Moses, Mikel, Iwobi made Nigeria lost to Croatia...

Those who started our midfield opened a wider gap for Croatia to decide. No aggressive attack, No Speed, No accurate passing.

Mr Coach needs to understand that this is World Cup & not all those friendly matches. If an experienced player or wareva is not productive, substitute him Asap.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by mavinc4u(f): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
opsyswagger:
Do u also watch match.. :i was thinking it was the back of television u were watchiing.. tongue tongue

Lol, you got it right. Na back I watch oh. I am happy I didn't complete the purchase of the match ticket because na that one for pain me pass.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by gidjah(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
I already knew the chickens won't fly higher than a frog
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by nwanwaoge(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2018
I felt Mikel should have left the pitch after 35 minutes. Draft in Iwobi to that position then bring in iheanachor or Musa....if he so loves Mikel...he should have swapped his position with that of Etebo who is more aggressive with lots of energy . Ebuehi in for Shehu (rusty and lacking pace).

Wondered why Rohr did that interview after the match in German....He made sure a lot don’t understand what he says...

Mikel on my bench next match....do a 3-5-2 against Argentina and Iceland

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Bundaweber: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
coach made changes to late, Mikel played in a terrible position, so too iwobi, only a single striker thats not really that solid? in fact wrong formation and tactics.
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Abfinest007(m): 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
ask buhari
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Sanchase: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
We went there for Aso-ebi and not for football.

Aso-ebi parade starts next month.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ateo promise $$$ to Super 3@Gles is.... grin grin
Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Hidohwuh: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
first from Mikel not getting to Ighalo, In my own opinion, the coach should have substituted Mikel for Musa n shifted Iwobi to No 10 role.

Also Iwobi was nothing playing from that wing.

In my own opinion

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2018
fowlyansh181:
Super Eagles no be kukuruku

You don kuku kill the physic pig ni? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Middlesbrough Signs John Obi Mikel On A Free Transfer (Photos) / Enyimba Crowned Glonpfl 2015 Champions (Photos) / Rohr Releases List Of Invited Players For 2018 World Cup Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.