Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (47280 Views)

Brazil Vs Belgium: World Cup (1 - 2) On 6th July 2018 / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by wildkat: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

Yes, the nation is cursed and has failed completely. The only thing remaining is for war to break out. The leaders don’t care and the citizens are helpless and weak.

You see how other nation are playing with zeal? We can’t do that because corruption has crept into and destroyed our sports sector. The fabric of the nation has been completely torn apart and the nation is left bare. This is a tip of the iceberg though as more shocking events will occur to show that the country ought to be Balkanized.

Na you dey talk my mind. For that one naija Jersey for you

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by resurgent2019: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
Rossikki:
Oh get lost. If you hate Nigeria so much, stay away from here.

I very much intend to. I will get out to save my children from the mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
maynia:

Brazil best defensive record?

How many goals did they concede during qualifier?

Cause Spain conceded only 3

3 goals in last 13 matches, including friendlies. If you watched the Brazil match, you would even hear the commentator emphasized repeatedly on how they've improved in defence.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Cityfirstborn(m): 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Some of you asking why firmino didn't start ahead of jesus don't understand football .Brazil just need a sharp striker who can do the simple tap ins and good on the box which firmino is far from,he is more of a supporting striker and tends to drift to the flank which Brazil already have in the likes of neymar and coutinho
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by joejoe3: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
It is not about winning matches. How I wish Nigeria can just play a purposeful, entertaining and energetic football? I keep wondering what the problem is. Age? Skill? or What? They just made this world cup boring. First team to qualify for world cup in Africa, already out after their first. That is how I see it though.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by sprints1: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
one spirit is telling me to give panama straight win...23 odds no be beans oo...if I put like #5k on it na salary for one month be that oo..with all the results of today I dey hope
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by 9jaown(m): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
COMPAQ:
Probably second best match yet after Portugal spain
guess you didn’t watch Germany Vs Mexico

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by BlackManta(m): 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
oshe11:
All the big teams that thought they would easily stroll to the Semi Final should think againcheesy

PS: Let the ticketsss tearing and burning begingrin

Most punters dont understand how big the world cup is.
It is a very tough tournament.

dey cut
Over 2.5 dey cut
Over 1.5 dey cut
straight win dey cut

Handicap is the safest bet for this world cup.
Give the smaller teams handicap 2 and watch how your game go shine green.

I gave Ejypt handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Mexico handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Australia handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Iceland handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Switzerland handicap, 2-0 e enter.

Tomorrow i will give Tunisia handicap 2-0 and the thing go shine green.

Handicap is the safest bet for this world cup, give it to the smaller team.
I have never lost a bet on handicap in this world cup.

The handicap sef carry better odd.
Handicap on swiss gave me 2 odds.
Handicap on Iceland gave me 4 odds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by sprints1: 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
Three countries I came to support in this world cup competition.

1. Brazil : for individual skills like Neymar and Marcelo. And also for their typical Brazilian samba beautiful football.

2. Portugal : for individual skills in just only Ronaldo.

3. Spain: my support for them came out of the beautiful tiki taka style of keeping possession and numerous passes until one Costa beast pumps in the goal.

I'm just here to watch good football not getting my emotions tormented and brutalized by one naija team in the name of being a Nigerian. So far so good, I'm fine.
me am supporting iceland, Poland, Uruguay and Brazil becos they are favorite don't ask me why becos an underdog is winning this world cup...
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by sprints1: 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2018
BlackManta:

Most punters dont understand how big the world cup is.
It is a very tough tournament.

dey cut
Over 2.5 dey cut
Over 1.5 dey cut
straight win dey cut

Handicap is the safest bet for this world cup.
Give the smaller teams handicap 2 and watch how your game go shine green.

I gave Ejypt handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Mexico handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Australia handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Iceland handicap 2-0, e enter.
I gave Switzerland handicap, 2-0 e enter.

Handicap is the safest bet for this world cup, give it to the smaller team.

Bros double chance dey cut abeg how many odds be the handicap he reach 3 cos giving odd teams 2-0 up seems nice...and first half win seems nice too
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by viczo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
time to quite gambling.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by clevvermind(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
Nahum777:
It's time for England to lose tomorrow..
England will flog Tunisia. African don't know how to play football.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by BlackManta(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2018
sprints1:
Bros double chance dey cut abeg how many odds be the handicap he reach 3 cos giving odd teams 2-0 up seems nice...and first half win seems nice too

Handicap 2-0 on Iceland gave me up to 4 odds.
Handicap on Australia gave me 2.30 odds.
Handicap on Mexico gave me up to 1.80 odds.
Egypt gave me 3.20 odds.

Handicap odds are good.
It is better than all these yeye straight win with 1:20 to 1.50 odds.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
COMPAQ:
Probably second best match yet after Portugal spain
Where did you put Germany vs Mexico?

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
COMPAQ:

Like someone said earlier, Rhor seemed more interested in not loosing than winning. But I think his fear was because Croatia were technically better than us, if we went full throttle we'd get picked off more easily.

However, we need more pace against Iceland. I'd bring in ebuehi. He's fast and seems better at link up play. We need Musa to hopefully run behind players on the right and cross on the ground across the 6 yard box or cut back. Air crosses are a waste of time. Can't remember last time the eagles scores a headed goal. Probably since adepoju retired. And we need iheanacho to shoot loose balls from the edge of the box or cut backs. Igahlo isn't bad but mostly useful in the box. Lone striker ain't working for him. He needs better support. Don't know much about Simys game, but if igahlo ain't working then maybe Simy to partner iheanacho. Iwobi to the middle and we should have a better game against Iceland.
Your game plan looks really good on paper but Musa on his bad day can be as annoying as anything can be.

I agree with you that the "air crosses" you talked about don't work for these guys as we have no real aerial power in this team..having said that, We have no excuse not to have utilized 2-3 opportunities Mikel had around the corner kick line yesterday, instead of swinging it in with pace diagonally.....he was dinking the balls and it was really frustrating for Ighalo at the other end because the Croats were better aerially. Sometimes I feel Mikel plays in slow-mo cheesy...his best skill for me is when he has the ball between his legs and the opposition can't take it...outside that I think He is spent...even his passes are now very poor and when he attempts a shot at goal...it's really awful most times.

For Simmy Nwankwo, Nobody has really seen simmy over a competitive game for the SE aside from 1 or 2 friendlies, but he looks to me like a model/future Yekinni upfront because of his frame...it will be nice for the coach to give him a start in a new formation with all those players you have mentioned but knowing this coach...he will wait till the 75th minutes before He makes a change. If want something in this round we must beat Iceland (and I'm taking a risk here) by at least 3goals and not conceed...then get a win....an win against Argentina (now I'm asking for the Carmel going through the eye of a needle ...yeah)....thereafter we can proudly bring our calculators out..my opinion!
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by BlackManta(m): 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
clevvermind:
England will flog Tunisia. African don't know how to play football.

England is one of those overated European teams that wont pass quater final undecided
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
joejoe3:
It is not about winning matches. How I wish Nigeria can just play a purposeful, entertaining and energetic football? I keep wondering what the problem is. Age? Skill? or What? They just made this world cup boring. First team to qualify for world cup in Africa, already out after their first. That is how I see it though.

Lack of Skill yes, poor tactics yes..and yes....lack of experience yes, poor formation yes...

For age..we are actually the youngest in the whole competition I heard (somebody pls correct me if I'm wrong).so we should be more active but as you see am nah so me sef see am o.. grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Caseless: 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2018
COMPAQ:

Like someone said earlier, Rhor seemed more interested in not loosing than winning. But I think his fear was because Croatia were technically better than us, if we went full throttle we'd get picked off more easily.

However, we need more pace against Iceland. I'd bring in ebuehi. He's fast and seems better at link up play. We need Musa to hopefully run behind players on the right and cross on the ground across the 6 yard box or cut back. Air crosses are a waste of time. Can't remember last time the eagles scores a headed goal. Probably since adepoju retired. And we need iheanacho to shoot loose balls from the edge of the box or cut backs. Igahlo isn't bad but mostly useful in the box. Lone striker ain't working for him. He needs better support. Don't know much about Simys game, but if igahlo ain't working then maybe Simy to partner iheanacho. Iwobi to the middle and we should have a better game against Iceland.
rohr made the players to play under extreme caution.

Shehu and idowu were not moving to assist the wingers, then instead, we had the wingers returning to assist the wingbacks. This affected our attack.
We played ourselves out of formation as well.

The coach should seat mikel at DM, put ndidi to float around him and etebo to play the attacking midfield so he could support ighalo more.

When it comes to set pieces, we don't utilise it, but concede easily from them.

We must learn to put pressure on our opponents in the first 15 minutes, then absorb them in the last 15 minutes of every half.

Rohr should scream at them more.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
Phagyrhe:

3 goals in last 13 matches, including friendlies. If you watched the Brazil match, you would even hear the commentator emphasized repeatedly on how they've improved in defence.

same as Spain too

Both are good.. Don't over emphasize it.. Spain to concede 3

The commentator talk am too
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by clevvermind(m): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
dubezra:
Very useless worldcup for betting.I will only play league games from now on.l can see how this bookies are making money.the only game I won in this world cup is Croatia win,a lot of people will select Germany and Brazil win and ignore Serbia win.infact I saw a ticket staked with 1000000 naira selecting likes of Argentina,Belgium,Brazil e.t.c
Try other options like under 12.5 corners, yellow cards etc. betting on straight win is a waste of money. no game has produced 13 corners so far and i am enjoying it.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sunnyburn2000:
Chinese league is not terrible.

Mascherano plays in China too, but he pulled all the major strings in the midfield for Argentina

We have decent players that could play a beautiful game

it is not commitment, it is tactics of the coach and believe

Our coach is European coach who probably felt the European team was better and on normal grounds should be winning the game. He played for a draw.

Mascherano is a defender

Which midfield he pull?

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Caseless: 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
oluwasegun007:

You are correct jurrr

It's just that those guys were playing without zeal or game plan... Very frustrating
true!
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Croatia is a big country in football?

Bigger than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by clevvermind(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
BlackManta:

Most punters dont understand how big the world cup is. It is a very tough tournament.
dey cut Over 2.5 dey cut Over 1.5 dey cut straight win dey cut
Handicap is the safest bet for this world cup. Give the smaller teams handicap 2 and watch how your game go shine green.
I gave Ejypt handicap 2-0, e enter. I gave Mexico handicap 2-0, e enter. I gave Australia handicap 2-0, e enter. I gave Iceland handicap 2-0, e enter. I gave Switzerland handicap, 2-0 e enter.
Handicap is the safest bet for this world cup, give it to the smaller team. I have never lost a bet on handicap in this world cup.
The handicap sef carry better odd. Handicap on swiss gave me 2 odds. Handicap on Iceland gave me 4 odds.
Under 12.5 corners is also working.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by zombieHUNTER: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
maynia:

Bigger than Nigeria

Then with your analysis
Argentina ought to beat Iceland by 10 goals
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Bullhari007(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
I'm seeing new world champion merging out.... won't be surprise if we beat Ireland and Argentina
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by sprints1: 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
BlackManta:

Handicap 2-0 on Iceland gave me up to 4 odds.
Handicap on Australia gave me 2.30 odds.
Handicap on Mexico gave me up to 1.80 odds.
Egypt gave me 3.20 odds.

Handicap odds are good.
It is better than all these yeye straight win with 1:20 to 1.50 odds.

e b like say I follow ur pattern but na time wey no dey... I no dey carry anything below 1.8
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by stedysbaba: 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Kosere ni Moscow, ise ni won nse nibe!⚽
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
maynia:

Mascherano is a defender

Which midfield he pull?
He played in central midfield yesterday, like he played for Liverpool earlier in his career

Roho and Otamedi played central defense for Argentina yesterday.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Caseless: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Croatia is a big country in football?
as far as this WC is concerned, they have one of the best midfield and by extension, the best team.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by nelsonebby(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Notion:
Nigeria fans are not alone grin grin grin wink cheesy tongue
Lol are you steaming this matches in the World Cup?

It’s on ss3
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Caseless: 11:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
maynia:

Mascherano is a defender

Which midfield he pull?
mid what? He's a defensive midfielder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Achraf Hakimi Dances & Celebrates With His Mother, Friends, Family (Throwback) / Chelsea Fan Dies In Ghana After Barcelona Defeat (Photo) / List Of African Footballers Who Died From Cardiac Arrests (Nigerians Top List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.