Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup (9217 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Encounter?

Ghana: 68% (11 votes)
Australia: 31% (5 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Mudley313: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2010
If I'm a slut, then what is your mother? You're definitely a load your mother should have swallowed.

and you're a load your dad should have flushed down the toilet in a condom

I think Ivory Coast is an exception though. Considering their "Group of Death", I give them credit for their battle in the first game.

mehn, that group get as e be o. the ivory coast/brazil match is really gonna be decisive
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana was lucky yet again; their play is not convincing though better than the jokers from NIGERIA.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2010
even if ghana draws with germany. they are through. all the charleys need is a draw
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2010
I think 5 spots is too much for Africa. After 10 games and just 1 win
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by scantee(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2010
angry angry angry angry
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by shesi(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
such stu pid talk. how many wins does europe have for all their spots?
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
dayokanu:

I think 5 spots is too much for Africa. After 10 games and just 1 win
how many continents are in the world ? ok we have the americas, europe, asia, australia, and i cant remember the rest. their are 32 spots. are you for real ? africa has been cheated with only 5 spots. africa deserves like 8 spots because australia even though it is a continenet is just 1 country. so if we evenly share out the remaining spots we should all get like 7 spots each. AFRICA WAS CHEATED. maybe if we had 2 more spots we could have brought some kick azz african teams on board to represent us well. why they always cheating africa  cry
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by lizzybabe1(f): 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2010
Too bad Ivory Coast is just so unlucky. They would have done us proud. They were unlucky in the last World Cup too with Argentina(I think) and Holland in the same group. Maybe they should change their name from Elephants because Elephants are not lucky animals. grin
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by shesi(m): 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2010
the coach made a tactical mistake here taking asamoah off.

Muntari did fark nothing when he came on. Asamoah had the game in control until he left. I don't know what the coach was thinking.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jun 19, 2010
The Europeans have 7 wins

how many continents are in the world ? ok we have the americas, europe, asia, australia, and i cant remember the rest. their are 32 spots. are you for real ? africa has been cheated with only 5 spots. africa deserves like 8 spots because australia even though it is a continenet is just 1 country. so if we evenly share out the remaining spots we should all get like 7 spots each. AFRICA WAS CHEATED. maybe if we had 2 more spots we could have brought some kick azz african teams on board to represent us well. why they always cheating afric
a

WHats your point? Australia was grouped with Asia and they qualified from Asia

Asia has 2 wins
Europe 7 wins
South America  4 wins
Africa 1 win
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Mudley313: 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2010
how many continents are in the world ? ok we have the americas, europe, asia, australia, and i cant remember the rest. their are 32 spots. are you for real ? africa has been cheated with only 5 spots. africa deserves like 8 spots because australia even though it is a continenet is just 1 country. so if we evenly share out the remaining spots we should all get like 7 spots each. AFRICA WAS CHEATED. maybe if we had 2 more spots we could have brought some kick azz african teams on board to represent us well. why they always cheating africa

what kick azz teams? togo and angola? apart from egypt, africa has the big guns here (cameroun, nigeria, ghana, ivory coast) and still can only manage only 1 win so far from a penalty game dat ghana played wit one man up against serbia n you do know south america got 5 spots (brazil, uruguay, argentina, paraguay, chile) and almost every single one of em have recorded a win so far in africa
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Travelista(f): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2010
Mudley313:

and you're a load your dad should have flushed down the toilet in a condom

mehn, that group get as e be o. the ivory coast/brazil match is really gonna be decisive

Still going back and forth with a female. . .bitchmade. In fact, that's what I'll call you from now on: Bitchmade. But seriously, have you ever actually used an indoor toilet or are you imagining how non-hut dwellers live? Who flushes a condom down the toilet other than a slowpoke?
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by lizzybabe1(f): 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2010
^^^You'll soon realise that he's not worth your time and just leave him. Imagine arguing with a fish? How does that sound? Well he has a fish-brain so that's exactly what you are arguing with. A fish.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Africason(m): 5:19pm On Jun 19, 2010
Gha were piss poor 2day! Was it the coach's fault or what? Was it tactical flaws that brought about Ghana's incompetence or what? That game sucked big time!
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2010
dayokanu:

The Europeans have 7 wins
a

WHats your point? Australia was grouped with Asia and they qualified from Asia

Asia has 2 wins
Europe 7 wins
South America  4 wins
Africa 1 win
my point is that spots are not distributed out based on which continent will get the most wins. they are distributed out based on geographical quota  wink afterall it is called the WORLD CUP not the CHAMPIONS CUP
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2010
Mudley313:

what kick azz teams? togo and angola? apart from egypt, africa has the big guns here (cameroun, nigeria, ghana, ivory coast) and still can only manage only 1 win so far from a penalty game dat ghana played wit one man up against serbia n you do know south america got 5 spots (brazil, uruguay, argentina, paraguay, chile) and almost every single one of em have recorded a win so far in africa
my point is that spots are not distributed out based on which continent will get the most wins. they are distributed out based on geographical quota afterall it is called the WORLD CUP not the CHAMPIONS CUP
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by cvibe: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2010
Only just!
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Mudley313: 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
i hope you two sluts (travelista and lizzybabe1) are going to be sticking to the romance section the rest of the world cup cos we need some sanity here not two b.itches trying to take their menstrual period on everyone here
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
my point is that spots are not distributed out based on which continent will get the most wins. they are distributed out based on geographical quota   afterall it is called the WORLD CUP not the CHAMPIONS CUP

What do you mean by Geographical data?

That African teams tend to lower the quality of the competition is not in doubt, Only 2 have made the quarter finals since the competition began
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by biodun70(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana threw away a golden opportunity to qualify for the second round today-dropping 2 points against 10-man Australia. They have it all to do in their last match against the Germans. Somehow I don't see them getting anything from that game even though the matches have been difficult to call so far.I see Germany and Serbia going through from this group
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Mudley313: 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
my point is that spots are not distributed out based on which continent will get the most wins. they are distributed out based on geographical quota afterall it is called the WORLD CUP not the CHAMPIONS CUP

and the quota has never been based on number of countries in a continent, its been based solely on performance. there was a time africa had just 1 spot but performances from tunisia in 78, algeria n cameroun in 82, morroco in 86, cameroun in 90, nigeria in 94 is why we're in this position, but i'm hoping we're not dwindling backwards wit the performance i've seen thus far from nigeria et al
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by honeric01(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana should have won this match, if they did, we would have qualified for the second round even without having to play their 3rd match which i think might be the hardest they'll ever play in this WC.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
If its based on number of countries Asia then deserve more spots.

If its based on performance, South America deserves more spots
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana shouldnt play Prince Boateng against Germany because he has a history with Germany and he was the one who injured the German captain
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2010
dayokanu:

What do you mean by Geographical data?

That African teams tend to lower the quality of the competition is not in doubt, Only 2 have made the quarter finals since the competition began
i see i am going to have to start schooling you here dude. i didnt want to but i guess somebody gotta do it. its a tough job but somebody has to do it.

ok first off i think you need to go and search for your self esteem. you seem to have lost it dude

secondly, WORLD CUP is a celebration, every 4 years, of bringing the world together (regardless of race, religion, class, creed, color, soccer skillset ) to battle it out so that we can see which part of the world has the toughest and best team. now this would not be achieved if we excluded all the teams we thought were weak now would it ? and if we excluded continents we thought were weak in soccer, it wouldnt be a world cup now would it ?

IN CONCLUSION, it is not about a continents performance but a country's performance. this is not called CONTINENTAL CUP. gerrit ? somebody has to lose and somebody has to win. it is what it is. if africa was awarded only 2 spots, then the losing will shift to other countries. its like a game of musical chairs. the wheels keep turning and the weak keep getting churned off.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
Mudley313:

and the quota has never been based on number of countries in a continent, its been based solely on performance. there was a time africa had just 1 spot but performances from tunisia in 78, algeria n cameroun in 82, morroco in 86, cameroun in 90, nigeria in 94 is why we're in this position, but i'm hoping we're not dwindling backwards wit the performance i've seen thus far from nigeria et al
total bullcrap. back then it wasnt a global world. the world wasnt open up with trades and the internet. so racism was rampant in fifa back then. thats why we got only 1 spot. nothing to do with performance. educate yourself my brother. its like america in the fifties. they didnt want black players in the NBA because of racism not because of performance. it is still a racist world to an extent but things are better now. now they have included blacks in the NBA and more african countries in the world cup
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by RuuDie(m): 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2010
& this is simply just how the cookie crumbles for ghana. . . . . .
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by PokerFace(f): 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2010
Go Ghana Go Ghana Go Ghana!
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Mudley313: 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2010
total bullcrap. back then it wasnt a global world. the world wasnt open up with trades and the internet. so racism was rampant in fifa back then. thats why we got only 1 spot. nothing to do with performance. educate yourself my brother. its like america in the fifties. they didnt want black players in the NBA because of racism not because of performance. it is still a racist world to an extent but things are better now. now they have included blacks in the NBA and more african countries in the world cup

i bet this your first experience watching a world cup. let me school you (unlike you ignorantly attempted to woefully school someone earlier)

the world cup is football's biggest arena. every country is involved globally (from the qualifier stage) and the best 32 nations are expected at the main event, its why the quota system is based on prior performance/strenght of each continent, not amount of countries, if not africa and asia would have the most represented and south america with only 9 countries one of the least.

the first world cup (1930) was based on invitation cos as at that time not all countries could afford to fly a team to uruguay; egypt were able to make it then. africa (who were a bunch of colonies back then) started out playing with europe for qualification becos they were not near the level of having even a sole representative back then--has nothing to do with racism

in 1970, morroco played well and were able to draw a game, and fifa then offered one spot for africa which zaire did not justify by making a fool of themselves in germany 74. 4 yrs later in argentina, tunisia won africa's first world cup game by defeating mexico 3-1 n the african spot was increased to 2 the next wc in spain where rabher madjer and lahkder belloumi's algeria defeated the eventually runners up germany 2-1 but was eliminated after germany n austria colluded to draw their last game. cameroun too didn't make it to the next round but impressively didn't loss a game n came out wit a draw against eventual winners italy, 3rd placed poland n peru. after dat fifa started considering adding more spots for africa

africa, through morrocco, made it to the 2nd round for the first time in 86 defeating portugal 3-1 on their way n in 1990 africa, through roger milla's cameroun made the quarter finals for the first time thus fifa then increased africas slot to 3 in 94. with nigeria's impressive display and the increase of participating teams to 32 fifa then increased it to 5 spots in 2002.

now dat i've provided u a mini history lesson, hope u keep quiet when next football heads are talking
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2010
ok first off i think you need to go and search for your self esteem. you seem to have lost it dude

What does self esteem have to do with lowering the quality of the competition?

The Worst result at a world cup was Yugoslavia 9 Zaire 0

In France 98 for example of 5 African reps, Morroco lost 3-0, Cameroun lost 3-0, South Africa lost 3-0 Nigeria lost 4-1 and the last rep Tunisia lost all their games.

I am sure you would be one of the supporters of quota system in Nigerian politics since every part of the country needs to be represented fairly and not based on quality.

Would you prefer a player from every state in Nigeria to constitute our National team so that the team looks Nigerian instead of having more players from the South South (Assuming the South-South is better at football than other parts)
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by houvest: 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2010
@ Hackney
I understand your frustrations with Nigeria but saying that her problems have no solutions takes the spot on cynicism and sarcasm. So we should all emigrate or split or lie down and die. There certainly are solutions and you have them if you would make the effort. Nigeria is still the only country we can call our home even if you have naturalised elsewhere. Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by sage(m): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2010
buzugee is a very insecure guy who is race obsessed. You cannot reason with him because he is paranoid and stuck on race.

He wallows in self-pity all over the place. Every single game thread he is on turns into a self-pity thread. (Go and check all the other threads, its the same thing)

You are wasting your time trying to reason with the guy.

He needs psychiatrist help but I dont think that would even help him.

Make im beg God to help am sha, though am not sure anybody can help him at this point

People get hacked to death every year in Nigeria by their fellow Nigerians just because of being a different ethnicity and somebody is on here acting a victim of phantom issues all the time angry

(Im no even gonna waste time responding to his attacks because he is gonna come wih the usual banter "uncle this/that, kisser this that yada yada yada, bla bla bla)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Brazil Edge Peru To Lift Trophy On Home Soil / Which Of These Footballers Is The Ugliest? / Some Football Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.