Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos (449 Views)

Cleaner Lagos: Sanwo-olu Launches 102 Locally Assembled Compactor Trucks / The Real Truth Behind The Bombed Helicopters In Orlu - PHOTOS / PHOTOS: “cleaner Lagos’’ Workers Protest Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos by chicwoman(f): 11:26am On Jun 17, 2018
In March 2018, there was a review of the Cleaner Lagos implementation and one of the changes was that the Community Sanitation Worker program would be removed from private sector management and returned to the Ministry of Environment for supervision.
The company, Standard Street Manpower Limited has commenced a handover of the CSWs currently at 7000 in their employ to the Ministry who will supervise and monitor them. This handover has left the 300 supervisors redundant and the contractor has let them go in light with best employment practice including an additional month’s remuneration.
Re: The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos by Yettyqueen1: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
The last post I read which says "300 staffs were sacked" With this second post I now understood that it was even supervisors. It's not everything that's about politics TBH, it was a restructural changes that caused the losses of their jobs. And no sweeper was laid off...... So maybe their role were no longer seen as useful
Re: The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos by OlisaOsega87: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
It's quite unfortunate that they lost their jobs, no one will like such fate to befall him or her. But with some people saying the sacking was politicized is terrible because we don't really what went and down and like I said in a previous post, such insinuation are unfounded and shouldn't hold waters. Personally, I'm hoping those who lost their jobs get compensated one way or the other.

chicwoman:
In March 2018, there was a review of the Cleaner Lagos implementation and one of the changes was that the Community Sanitation Worker program would be removed from private sector management and returned to the Ministry of Environment for supervision.
The company, Standard Street Manpower Limited has commenced a handover of the CSWs currently at 7000 in their employ to the Ministry who will supervise and monitor them. This handover has left the 300 supervisors redundant and the contractor has let them go in light with best employment practice including an additional month’s remuneration.
Re: The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos by chicwoman(f): 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
I'm happy you understand.
People just twist information especially now as it's election time
Yettyqueen1:
The last post I read which says "300 staffs were sacked" With this second post I now understood that it was even supervisors. It's not everything that's about politics TBH, it was a restructural changes that caused the losses of their jobs. And no sweeper was laid off...... So maybe their role were no longer seen as useful
Re: The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos by redsun(m): 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
Why do they have to privatize city cleaning in the first place? I bet the cleaning company belongs to Tinubu or his cohorts. The primary cleaning responsibilities should be the responsibilities of respective local governments that are directly in charge of the people's welfare and wellbeing.
Re: The Real Truth About The Csws Of Cleaner Lagos by itzKonani: 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2018
It's quite sad those supervisors lost their jobs, however it's not like a political conspiracy like a post i read concerning the issue. With this post I think I have a better understanding of what happened. It's a good thing they are restructuring but quite sad some had to lose their jobs in the process. It is well
chicwoman:

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari To Share $322m Recovered Abacha Loot To Poor Nigerians / Goodluck Jonathan Reveals Areas Adamu Ciroma Excelled / Finally Shehu Sani Reacts: I'm Still In APC, Also In Talks With PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.