Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (594906 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Empress2014(f): 4:01am On Jul 24, 2018
Rimz28:
Who knows about TransferWise and how good is it to send money because expatrio recommended it
i don't think you can send from Nigeria through transferwise but you can receive. Nigeria won't be in the option when you try to send.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Empress2014(f): 4:04am On Jul 24, 2018
Ezyp:

Very good
were you able to successfully transfer out of nigeria account through transferwise? I have received through transferwise multiple times but i couldn't use it to send money.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Embaszy(m): 5:54am On Jul 24, 2018
Congrat bro
ansellotty:
I just got a date

8th of August

Abuja
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuksey1(m): 6:22am On Jul 24, 2018
ayotho9:

No. I sent my blocking confirmation a day after the interview.

That's serious. Whats the name of the city your school is located?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by walexies: 6:46am On Jul 24, 2018
Rimz28:
Who knows about TransferWise and how good is it to send money because expatrio recommended it

For now, you can only receive via TransferWise, you can't transfer. Enquire if you may pay via Western Union, Direct transfer or Form A; I believe Expatrio would also support these mediums.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 7:08am On Jul 24, 2018
goldsmiths:
Bsc applied biology Bnn Rhein sieg, anybody?

Any update on your application? Still waiting for them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Shecuncy: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2018
Please how do you reply to a person particular post on this thread am quite New
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2018
@nwigwemark, pls do remember to update the house immediately you get a date for interview appointment at Abuja. thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kfrosh: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2018
Please I need someone kind enough to give a good response to my question as I am new to this thread.

I graduated with a third class degree in Engineering (2.37) I lost my job about a year ago and don't have a regular job for now. Do I have a chance of getting admitted for a MSc program or can I pursue another BSc with my profile.

I would appreciate a urgent response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2018
Shecuncy:

Just click the quote under the it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by walexies: 8:48am On Jul 24, 2018
Shecuncy:

Below the person's particular post, you would see

Quote, Report, Like, Share

Brief explanation

Quote: Click on it to reply the person or make as reference

Report: Click to report a particular person or post
Like: Click to show you like the post
Share: Click when you want to share that post.

To PM, that is, send a personal message to a particular person (for his/her eyes only)

Click on the person's name, you would see "send Email message to XXXXX), click on it, type and send.

I hope it helps.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Obinnalex(m): 8:52am On Jul 24, 2018
kfrosh:
Please I need someone kind enough to give a good response to my question as I am new to this thread.

I graduated with a third class degree in Engineering (2.37) I lost my job about a year ago and don't have a regular job for now. Do I have a chance of getting admitted for a MSc program or can I pursue another BSc with my profile.

I would appreciate a urgent response.

Yes it’s possible to get admitted into MSc program with your 2.37 GPA. Your GPA according to German scale is 2.9 (keep in mind that 1.0 is the highest possible grade in Germany and 4.0 means failure. Unlike In Nigeria where 5.0 means 1st class and 1.00 means failure). So bro you have a chance. You just have to find the right school to apply to and make sure that the course you are applying to won’t be restricted. I will also advice that you apply for Bsc too as you are applying for Msc, just Incase things doesn’t work out. Wish you the best

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kfrosh: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2018
Thanks so much for your reply. I will start doing extensive research on it since I have a chance.

Do I have to take the GRE? I have TOEFL already.
Obinnalex:

Yes it’s possible to get admitted into MSc program with your 2.37 GPA. Your GPA according to German scale is 2.9 (keep in mind that 1.0 is the highest possible grade in Germany and 4.0 means failure. Unlike In Nigeria where 5.0 means 1st class and 1.00 means failure). So bro you have a chance. You just have to find the right school to apply to and make sure that the course you are applying to won’t be restricted. I will also advice that you apply for Bsc too as you are applying for Msc, just Incase things doesn’t work out. Wish you the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DPapilo: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2018
Fustinachichi:

1300 but if u want it insured u pay 3k
. I paid #850....Go to Ago round-about (beside First Bank). Just walk into the studio with a "Fedex" affixed on the glass wall. Note: You can still get d passport stuff fixed in that studio (#2000, 4 copies)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2018
2.9? I know most schools take 2.5, while some may go down to 2.7, but 2.9 ....me no know o. He has to confirm.
Obinnalex:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Evaowokotomo(f): 9:18am On Jul 24, 2018
Please is there any university that gives admission early for Bachelors programme in Germany, Also do I really need the first year transcript thing as I just finished secondary school to apply next year. I applied to UI already and just waiting for post jamb, Ui will resume next year April so I can't get the one-year transcript as most Germany admission opens from May and above. Any suggestions please?

Thanks alot great people.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2018
I am not sure about the information he gave you. Anyway,
different schools have different requirements. You should browse the individual course websites you are interested in and determine whether they need things like gre or not.
kfrosh:
Thanks so much for your reply. I will start doing extensive research on it since I have a chance.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by domfeyer: 9:22am On Jul 24, 2018
kfrosh:

From my own little knowledge, take GRE or GMAT and make sure you get a very high mark, if not it becomes useless.

I don't think you need TOEFL that much, rather channel that money to duolingo grin grin

Complete these on time and then make enquiries with an elaborate universe of universities.

You will be fine.

Note: Sometimes GMAT and GRE shows how smart you are and that you probably didn't do well in school because of reasons beyond your control.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 9:23am On Jul 24, 2018
Oga, have patience and finish first year first. I don't know how it works sha, but you can also try going to Open University if UI is delaying
Evaowokotomo:
Please is there any university that gives admission early for Bachelors programme in Germany, Also do I really need the first year transcript thing as I just finished secondary school to apply next year. I applied to UI already and just waiting for post jamb, Ui will resume next year April so I can't get the one-year transcript as most Germany admission opens from May and above. Any suggestions please?

Thanks alot great people.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by thattallboi(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2018
Goodday house... I am a little bit skeptical about making it in time for enrollment .... I have exactly 5weeks and 4days between my visa interview and enrollment deadline.
Based on experiences.. I would like to know if the time window is enough cos the school isn't willing to extend the deadline. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by domfeyer: 9:33am On Jul 24, 2018
dipole2018:
Please anyone wants to help with filling of the Visa application form ? I'm terrible at filling forms and I really do not want to make any mistakes. Anyone who has filled, done interview and gotten A.M who is willing to help will be appreciated. I can appreciate with a token as I am that desperate, lol.

By the way whats the full meaning of A.M ?

Thanks in advance guys.

You can use Fintiba to fill it na, so you monitor your mistakes after you must have printed what it generated. smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pecky2222: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2018
Enephkay:
Okay today is the first day I will write my own long note because I have stole a lot from here. I got my Angela Mail (AM) as I read it to be a name a guy just formed and I believe that is where the AM comes from because looking at the mail I don’t see any approval anywhere for the mail to be called Approval Mail but anyway Angela Mail or Approval Mail all na AM

Well I did not write my interview questions because I want that AM first and I actually had my interview on the 26th of June so all this dreams of I want will travel out is here oo na wa God is wonderful.

Got that Mail 11:13am 23 July, brother see joy. I didn’t even bother asking about my school here or my state or life after because my own na say Naija matter don tire me and weytin make me survive here I no no where I no fit survive.

My interview questions was same as others and only thing the lady asked that earlier I never came across was “what is German best food?” Me I just said Pork oo and she nodded. The interview was a blast because of you guys transcripts so I say thanks. I’m normally tensed during stuffs like that but I forgot to get tensed that day because everything was so fast haha and even the Paulinus nairalanders are condemning, I see nothing wrong with that guy if you have your documents arranged and well organized

Well I checked my documents numerous times before that interview because I no wan hear say them shoot bird the mama fly. Just take out original, lap it with the two photocopies and use that attach pin to hold it. Do the same for the rest of the documents then you have nothing to worry. So leave Paulinus if he is not like that he will have headache everyday because I have worked in such situation where people don’t ever want to get things right no matter how you explain to them.

I will upload the comprehensive questions I carved out for myself to keep me balance and I practiced for 4months too so I guess this AM is my accolade.

My school is University of Würzburg and I don’t think I read anybody going there but like I said I no care me because person na person wey belle dey pain na him know how e dey do am... Everybody with different experiences and goals and I just don’t want someone to give me another thought with his or her bad experience in the city or state or even school. Every mallam with him kettle. I applied to just that school alone and I got admitted for summer but it came late and I deferred the admission. What am I even saying, I don’t even know if I even applied all I know is that February I got a mail from the head of department telling me I’m considered to apply for summer that I’m admitted for both summer and winter Incase I can’t make it for summer that I should contact the international office. Na from there oo so i got admitted before I even sent my documents looks so fake but I did research about the school no be small then I realize na so God want am.

I read German girls are hard are this one are that one but still I’m here in Nigeria and I have dated 3 online before now. So how hard can they be? So brother do your thing first thing first just comot for this hole wey we dey then you go see say it is a different game out there.

I hope I’m able to convince you and not to confuse you with the few nonsense I have said that you shouldn’t be weighed down because of people’s experiences.

My uncle is in Luxembourg and the man say Europe no make sense and still him never pack him load come back Naija mtchew looking for people to deceive not me.
Well Let me just stop here

Hy, u said u are heading to würzburg.. I applied to würzburg bt dey haven't sent me any mail..even a mail to acknowledge dat dey received my documents, notin... I don't Knw wat to do. I have sent emails bt dey refused to reply.. I applied for one of the biology courses.. Wat course are u going for there and how did u contact dem during d application phase
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Obinnalex(m): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2018
Rosicky7:
2.9? I know most schools take 2.5, while some may go down to 2.7, but 2.9 ....me no know o. He has to confirm.

Bro someone with 2.9 got admitted into TUM. That is why I said in my previous post that he should apply for courses that are unrestricted (ie don’t have any GPA requirement) Do your research more, u will understand what am saying

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Evaowokotomo(f): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2018
Can I talk to you to ask for more information please, what were the documents you used to apply?
Chriswazo:

Any update on your application? Still waiting for them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Abu46: 10:03am On Jul 24, 2018
e-fam, please do i need to certify my documents in the german embassy?, i already have notarized copies of my certificates
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AgentONE(m): 10:05am On Jul 24, 2018
Enephkay:
Okay today is the first day I will write my own long note because I have stole a lot from here. I got my Angela Mail (AM) as I read it to be a name a guy just formed and I believe that is where the AM comes from because looking at the mail I don’t see any approval anywhere for the mail to be called Approval Mail but anyway Angela Mail or Approval Mail all na AM

Well I did not write my interview questions because I want that AM first and I actually had my interview on the 26th of June so all this dreams of I want will travel out is here oo na wa God is wonderful.

Got that Mail 11:13am 23 July, brother see joy. I didn’t even bother asking about my school here or my state or life after because my own na say Naija matter don tire me and weytin make me survive here I no no where I no fit survive.

My interview questions was same as others and only thing the lady asked that earlier I never came across was “what is German best food?” Me I just said Pork oo and she nodded. The interview was a blast because of you guys transcripts so I say thanks. I’m normally tensed during stuffs like that but I forgot to get tensed that day because everything was so fast haha and even the Paulinus nairalanders are condemning, I see nothing wrong with that guy if you have your documents arranged and well organized

Well I checked my documents numerous times before that interview because I no wan hear say them shoot bird the mama fly. Just take out original, lap it with the two photocopies and use that attach pin to hold it. Do the same for the rest of the documents then you have nothing to worry. So leave Paulinus if he is not like that he will have headache everyday because I have worked in such situation where people don’t ever want to get things right no matter how you explain to them.

I will upload the comprehensive questions I carved out for myself to keep me balance and I practiced for 4months too so I guess this AM is my accolade.

My school is University of Würzburg and I don’t think I read anybody going there but like I said I no care me because person na person wey belle dey pain na him know how e dey do am... Everybody with different experiences and goals and I just don’t want someone to give me another thought with his or her bad experience in the city or state or even school. Every mallam with him kettle. I applied to just that school alone and I got admitted for summer but it came late and I deferred the admission. What am I even saying, I don’t even know if I even applied all I know is that February I got a mail from the head of department telling me I’m considered to apply for summer that I’m admitted for both summer and winter Incase I can’t make it for summer that I should contact the international office. Na from there oo so i got admitted before I even sent my documents looks so fake but I did research about the school no be small then I realize na so God want am.

I read German girls are hard are this one are that one but still I’m here in Nigeria and I have dated 3 online before now. So how hard can they be? So brother do your thing first thing first just comot for this hole wey we dey then you go see say it is a different game out there.

I hope I’m able to convince you and not to confuse you with the few nonsense I have said that you shouldn’t be weighed down because of people’s experiences.

My uncle is in Luxembourg and the man say Europe no make sense and still him never pack him load come back Naija mtchew looking for people to deceive not me.
Well Let me just stop here

My school has a campus in Würzburg, from Schweinfurt to Würzburg is about 28mins by speed train... Looking forward to seeing u soon

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 10:05am On Jul 24, 2018
Rosicky7:
I am not sure about the information he gave you. Anyway,
different schools have different requirements. You should browse the individual course websites you are interested in and determine whether they need things like gre or not.

He has to do intensive search. I saw about three schools then that said they would take 3.0 satisfactory. But it also depends on his course.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2018
who is going to Georg-August-Universität Göttingen this winter
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ajokeomopupa: 10:38am On Jul 24, 2018
chimax1:
thanks..i sent u a pm. lets relate better pls
hello pls!! Is the admission stil open? Going for the same course and which school is tht pls?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by olaniyi900: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2018
johndoefoo:
Anyone going to HSHL?
I am going there too make US three people going there fromm this platform. I too get accommodation contract. Pls let US relate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 24, 2018
Abu46:
e-fam, please do i need to certify my documents in the german embassy?, i already have notarized copies of my certificates

In order to certify documents at the embassy, you have to attach an application form that your school will generate for you. In other words, you can certify your documents at the embassy ONLY if your school asks for it. Please go through your school's website and read through the requirements just to be sure of the things stated there.

if your school only states that you should send a certified copy of your documents (That is if it is stated that you should send certified copies) then obviously, they didn't insist on certifying at the embassy so the notarized copies you already have is fine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.