Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586457 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
Congrats Bro. Go and succeed
bayonl:
Nairaland family...almighty A.M don drop o

Interview date; aug 16
funded after interview; aug 18
A.M DROPPED; sept 10

my school has resumed already but lectures start sept 24

school; university for sustainable development,hnee eberswalde,brandenburg but will live in berlin

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by okpala95(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
bayonl:

Interview date; aug 16
A.M DROPPED; sept 10

school; university for sustainable development,hnee eberswalde,brandenburg but will live in berlin

Hey bro. How did you get accommodation in Berlin??

I'm heading to Potsdam, Brandenburg and seeking accommodation too. Pls advise
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by gmode: 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2018
I did my interview on 6th September. Arrived at the consulate around 5.30am. Pastor polinus sent us back and asked us to come back around 6.30am. Went back at 6.30 and cued in a line. He checked my documents and sent me inside the consulate. Thank God he did not notice "I was not with my CV". I was interviewed in cubicle 3.

Me: Goodmorning Ma
VO: Morning. Can I have your passport and your appointment letter?
Me: (Gave them to her)
VO: Looked at it, scanned it and entered the whole information in the system.
VO: Can I have your documents? Originals, then two sets of photocopies.
Me: (Gave)
VO: wow, why are u not with your courier envelope
Me: went to dhl office and they said I can get it here in the consulate
Vo: oh no your passport is not even the specified one
Me: sorry ma
Vo: it is stated in our site that the passport should be white background 30mm*45mm, its like you are not prepared for the interview
Vo: I'm sending u back, just go and defer your admission.
VO2: just consider him and interview him
Vo: Printed a document and gave it to me to confirm every information was correctly entered. Also gave me a little form to sign. That form is an agreement that I’ll fund my account before my visa is processed. I signed.
Vo: so what's wrong with your cv
Me: sorry ma I misplaced it, it wasn't intentional.
VO2: if u are not satisfied with him just send him back.
After a little while
Vo: what course and which school
Me: (She took me unawares that I nearly had lost of memory, all my vains where beeping) masters in mobile Embedded system at university of passau
Vo: master
Me: yes
Vo: why this course
Me: its specialization in computer science that has its focus on human computer interaction, system engineering and data processing signal and system. It will help me to understand, design and develipe individual component of a complex system for easy design of a larger system, it will help me also to assist companies in IT innovations and also train upcoming computer engineers
Vo: why germany
Me: a nice country. They offer less or no tuition fee for both their citizens and international students. Has good infrastructures and research lab for their student. Also they provided career coach for the study I'm going for.
Vo: why not us or canada
Me.: high tuition fee, for instance I went through us university achieve and the least school offered the course for about $25,000
Vo: why no nigeria
Me: inconsistency in our educational system, lack or poor research facilities and they always focus more on the theory rather than practical
Vo: what do you know about germany
Me: its a nice country in the center of Europe, surrounded by 9 countries 1 in the north, 2 in the south, 3 west, 1 in the south west and 2 in the east. Has population of over 82 million, has its capital at Berlin, has about 16 states and 11 metropolis, the president is Fank Walter stenmeiner and the chancellor is Angela markel, the city im going to passau is known for its university and its student life, its also know as the city of three rivers because there is confluence of river inn, ilz and Danube in the city. The confluence center is known as ortspitz. It has a population of 50,560 and its located in lower southeast of Bavaria. Its close to three different metropolis: Vienna, Prague and Munich. Germany has landmass of about 357,021 square kilometers and she celebrates her unity day on every 3rd october
Vo: have you learned german
Me: still learning through YouTube
Vo: what your plan after studies
Me: go for a doctorate program in industrial innovation lab
Vo: that will be all for now, any questions
Me: you stated that I should submit 3 passport and courier envelope but CV is still ommitted.
Vo: yes, you can attach it while submitting to the security man and endeavor to do that today.
Me: OK ma, thanks (went to the security man, he removed the CV "reason: its not stated in the written note "

My advice: make sure you have all the required documents, mine was a miracle your may be the reverse. Check all your documents over and over

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by SoftAnn25: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
Thank you so so much....

Please one more question...
Please do you know the reasons for the embassy to deniel visa ?

okpala95:

No problem. It's a normal thing.

Wait for a response from the embassy that says you should forward your passport back to them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AyoPrudence(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
Does it mean that for applications for summer semesters into schools that operates via uni-assist can't be accepted yet?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bayonl: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2018
I haven't gotten accommodation but going through the real estate app wg- gesucht..trying to see if I can get maybe a flatshare to reduce cost..accommodation is quite expensive in Berlin. ..my school is in eberswalde,Brandenburg. .but a friend in Frankfurt advised I live in Berlin because of opportunities
okpala95:

Hey bro. How did you get accommodation in Berlin??

I'm heading to Potsdam, Brandenburg and seeking accommodation too. Pls advise
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oluyemz25: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Yes submit the two together

[quote author=agofineboy post=7q1061870][/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
SoftAnn25:
Thank you so so much....

Bad interview
False documents
In ability to provide proof of substainance
To my own experience ooo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by okpala95(m): 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
SoftAnn25:
Thank you so so much....

Lack of Blocked account funds (or any means of sustainance) , Poor interview, Falsified information on documents, Crime history.. Anything could lead to visa refusal.

Just play your part faithfully and your good to go.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by okpala95(m): 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
bayonl:
I haven't gotten accommodation but going through the real estate app wg- gesucht..trying to see if I can get maybe a flatshare to reduce cost..accommodation is quite expensive in Berlin. ..my school is in eberswalde,Brandenburg. .but a friend in Frankfurt advised I live in Berlin because of opportunities

Ok.

I PMed you. Pls respond.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chriskitis: 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
Congrats .. Did mine same day and funded before hand. Waiting Patiently for my AM..
bayonl:

Interview date; aug 16
A.M DROPPED; sept 10

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bayonl: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2018
Thanks bro quote author=Nellso post=71076411]Congrats Bro. Go and succeed
[/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bayonl: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bayonl: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
Have replied you, check quote author=okpala95 post=71080311]

Ok.

I PMed you. Pls respond.[/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bayonl: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2018
It will come before the end of the week by God's grace
chriskitis:
Congrats .. Did mine same day and funded before hand. Waiting Patiently for my AM..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
chriskitis:

Which city
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chriskitis: 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
Amen, Thanks
bayonl:
It will come before the end of the week by God's grace
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chriskitis: 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
Dortmund
Highbeeyajibola:

Which city
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Olu2018: 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2018
Congrats
noughtai:
My people AM just dropped. Please rejoice with me. It took 4 complete weeks. I'm grateful.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ubsilas(m): 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
On the 46th day, my Assurance Mail (AM) arrived. Sincerely it was not funny, I was always refreshing my mail morning and night.
For whatever reason it took that long, I don't know but to the glory of God it came which is the most important thing right now.

From someone that never believed that it was possible to get a Visa without the help of an agent or agency, I pour out my heartfelt gratitude to everyone on this platform that made it possible for us to scale through the numerous hurdles without being found wanting. God bless you all.

The plan for masters had always been next year, and I was looking at Canada and US. But going through their nairaland forum to see how they were dashing people rejection sha, I had to do a U-turn grin...until someone advised people there to stop killing themselves and wasting money but to try Germany, that a good number of courses are taught in English (information that I didn't have before), then I decided to check for my course in Germany via DAAD, and behold I found the course though in a Private University but with a cheaper tuition compared to Canada and USA.
This was in April. So that was when my running around started, with the loads of info here it was so smooth and timely, except waiting for AM sha. Even though enrollment and lectures resumed today, I was able to get extension till the end of the month.

Application for Admission: 2nd May, 2018
Admission letter: 18th May, 2018
Application for Visa Interview Date: 18th May, 2018
Visa Interview: 26th July 2018
AM: 10th September 2018
School: Hochschule Fresenius, Idstein (Private)
Course: International Pharmacoeconomics and Health Economics
State: Hessen

Meanwhile I took my passport and travel insurance to embassy today today grin ...I no wan hear plenty stories.
Thank you guys.

To God be the glory.

P.S.: For the Axa Mansai travel insurance, just follow the steps given by Honourable Seyi, it is very easy. In 10mins I got my insurance document sent to my mail, and I paid with my ATM card. N17k

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by charella(f): 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nellso:
Congrats dear. Go and succeed

Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by decide: 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2018
otunbanimi:
Good day all!

Any one with a hint?
Can I request that the English as a medium of study from unilag be sent to my email address?

You go to www.records.unilag.edu.ng and apply online . Choose courier as a sending medium. It will cost 2k since you are outside Lagos. That's 3k for the letter and 2k for the shipping, making a total of 5k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
ubsilas:
On the 46th day, my Assurance Mail (AM) arrived. Sincerely it was not funny, I was always refreshing my mail morning and night.
For whatever reason it took that long, I don't know but to the glory of God it came which is the most important thing right now.

From someone that never believed that it was possible to get a Visa without the help of an agent or agency, I pour out my heartfelt gratitude to everyone on this platform that made it possible for us to scale through the numerous hurdles without being found wanting. God bless you all.

The plan for masters had always been next year, and I was looking at Canada and US. But going through their nairaland forum to see how they were dashing people rejection sha, I had to do a U-turn grin...until someone advised people there to stop killing themselves and wasting money but to try Germany, that a good number of courses are taught in English (information that I didn't have before), then I decided to check for my course in Germany via DAAD, and behold I found the course though in a Private University but with a cheaper tuition compared to Canada and USA.
This was in April. So that was when my running around started, with the loads of info here it was so smooth and timely, except waiting for AM sha. Even though enrollment and lectures resumed today, I was able to get extension till the end of the month.

Meanwhile I took my passport and travel insurance to embassy today today grin ...I no wan hear plenty stories.
Thank you guys.

To God be the glory.

P.S.: For the Axa Mansai travel insurance, just follow the steps given by Honourable Seyi, it is very easy. In 10mins I got my insurance document sent to my mail, and I paid with my ATM card. N17k

Congratulations go and make the difference.. My best wishes.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bayonl: 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
Congrats bro... what time did you take your passport to the embassy? [Qquote author=ubsilas post=71082399]On the 46th day, my Assurance Mail (AM) arrived. Sincerely it was not funny, I was always refreshing my mail morning and night.

Thank you guys.

To God be the glory.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bankyproperties: 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
bayonl:
Congrats bro... what time did you take your passport to the embassy? [Qquote author=ubsilas post=71082399]On the 46th day, my Assurance Mail (AM) arrived. Sincerely it was not funny, I was always refreshing my mail morning and night.

Thank you guys.

To God be the glory.

Wow congrats and wishing you all the very best in Deutscheland...Pls what are the steps for the Axa Mansai travel insurance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ubsilas(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
Bankyproperties:

Wow congrats and wishing you all the very best in Deutscheland...Pls what are the steps for the Axa Mansai travel insurance

https://www.axamansard.com/myaxa/Insurance/Travel/general/

The link will take you directly to where you will fill the form.

Note:
Preferred Variant should be 'Schengen'
Number of Days 180days (for 6 months)

Just follow the instructions, then you can choose to pay with your card.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ubsilas(m): 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2018
bayonl:

Thank you guys.

To God be the glory.

I was at the embassy at 1:00pm. I overhead Oga Pauli saying that time to stop collection at the embassy is 1:30pm, so I will advise that for submission of passport u go before that time make Oga Pauli no carry you shine
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by uchezdedon(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
yomizee:
It's too early to start spending as much as that on winter jackets o. Look for a primark store around you.. you can still get a good one between €15-€25.. you can check their online store and order if the store around your location has the e-commerce arm..

I mentioned primark cos I know they sell budget fast fashion. You can as well check other fast fashion stores online such as H&M.. but sure you can't spend up to €50 sha

Everything is not all about money. Your health is more important and i cannot advice someone who 've not experience the winter cold weather to go for 15€ jacket. 50€ jacket is better than taking the risk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.