Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585884 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tbaby534(f): 8:40am On Oct 20, 2018
haybellfire:

Log into your moodle download and read the slides. Mix yo with your classmates so fast especially Germans. Attend organised Tutorials and don't miss classes. It's just 3 weeks you haven't miss much. Most work started last week. Mostly the 1st week is used as introduction by those Professors

Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ajeleseujn(m): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2018
Mzmeehgucci:
Pls guys..I am new here,And i will like to know if anyone knows or have any idea about Munich University

All information you need about schools is München are stated clearly there, go to your respective school(s) of interest and feed yourself with adequate info.

Success
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Abu46: 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
Pease anybody around Frankfurt and its environs...
Im in dear need of where to settle in,,,will b leaving Naija on Monday...
I'll pay

Biko some1 please help..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ohraykon:
bros my deadline which was 15th oct has passed but i had unconditional AM my BA confirmation wasnt sure so i dint submit passport can i still submit since u said if one has AM visa is sure wether no SL or BA

I believe the deadline you mean is for your enrollment. If this is the case, arm yourself with a letter saying you can still enroll or if you have another admission letter with a later enrollment deadline, go with that just in case.

So yes, you can go get your visa and have the above at hand just in case they ask.

Note that without a valid enrollment certificate of a school you would not be able to apply for a permit in Germany which then makes hustling difficult.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by micah1865: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2018
Buzzing to be watching the CHE vs MNU game in Deutschland after a long flight(Ich dank mein Gott).

Big appreciation to this thread and everyone who finds time to chip knowledge and advice one way or the other. To AM hopefuls, it will come. To those in process of an appeal, have faith. To the ones rejected, never give up.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
micah1865:
Buzzing to be watching the CHE vs MNU game in Deutschland after a long flight(Ich dank mein Gott).

Big appreciation to this thread and everyone who finds time to chip knowledge and advice one way or the other. To AM hopefuls, it will come. To those in process of an appeal, have faith. To the ones rejected, never give up.

Are you using your 9ja sim i.e international roaming or you already have a german sim
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ggetter50: 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hey guys, kudos for the great work you are doing.

Please, I never meant to draw you back, please who can give sponsorship letter for student visa Must the person be citizen or permanent resident in Germany?

Thanks, I would appreciate your response.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
Is it possible to apply for Bsc and Msc in same school ...
Htw Berlin and Magdeburg precisely
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
A citizen or a permanent resident can give you SL..but I believe there are conditions attached to it...I stand to be corrected..
https://www.foxyfolksy.com/formal-obligation-verpflichtungserkarung/

http://mkenyaujerumani.de/2014/07/22/getting-a-verpflichtungserklarung-affidavit-of-supportformal-obligation/

The information you need is in this two links..

Ggetter50:
Hey guys, kudos for the great work you are doing.

Please, I never meant to draw you back, please who can give sponsorship letter for student visa Must the person be citizen or permanent resident in Germany?

Thanks, I would appreciate your response.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ggetter50: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
harkheju:
A citizen or a permanent resident can give you SL..but I believe there are conditions attached to it...I stand to be corrected..

Thanks... I know the conditions that attaches to it, but I don’t just know what should be the residence status of who can give... So, apart from Permanent resident and citizen, no one is eligible to get the sponsorship letter from the foreigners office?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
You can check the link I posted sir....

Ggetter50:

Thanks... I know the conditions that attaches to it, but I don’t just know what should be the residence status of who can give... So, apart from Permanent resident and citizen, no one is eligible to get the sponsorship letter from the foreigners office?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Phineas01(m): 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hello guys, when coming, hold at least 400 euro. Its going to take about a week to open a bank account here and also you will need to get a semester ticket to move around to get stuff, this is around 170 euro (I missed my orientation week so I didn't know about this ticket, for 1 week I was enjoying free ride on buses, thinking it was free cheesy cheesy . I almost got caught a certain day, It was then realized). When you are caught by control the penalty is 60 euro. In the case you don't have enough cash to pay for semester ticket yet , you can pay directly to the bus driver around 1 - 3 euro per journey (just tell the driver where you are going, he will tell you the amount).

Also carry enough clothes when you coming. Its not as cheap as you think. I too miss eko market

Apps you might need :

1. DB navigator : for train
2. Google translate app : for translating your german documents to english (very very handy)
3. know the region you are in and download the transport app for that region: the app shows you the time your bus is going to arrive and bus stops. (makes life easy)
you can download myVRN app for (mannheim,heidelberg,ludwigshafen)
VVS app for (stuggart, essliengen)

If you want to do side jobs here, try to learn german before coming if not just mange your 720 euro.

GOODNEWS : Germany new immigration laws has given equal rights to both native German and foreign students/Job seekers i.e there is no longer a priority to check if a citizen or EU national might be able to take the job.

That's all for now

Tschuss

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Frankie16(m): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2018
chimax1:
for summer semester? which school gave u admission this quick bro.

It’s for this winter
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2018
Fabcol:
Is it possible to apply for Bsc and Msc in same school ...
Htw Berlin and Magdeburg precisely

Yes you can. You can also get admitted to both programs as different admissions group review applications.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2018
Phineas01:
Hello guys, when coming, hold at least 400 euro. Its going to take about a week to open a bank account here and also you will need to get a semester ticket to move around to get stuff, this is around 170 euro (I missed my orientation week so I didn't know about this ticket, for 1 week I was enjoying free ride on buses, thinking it was free cheesy cheesy . I almost got caught a certain day, It was then realized). When you are caught by control the penalty is 60 euro. In the case you don't have enough cash to pay for semester ticket yet , you can pay directly to the bus driver around 1 - 3 euro per journey (just tell the driver where you are going, he will tell you the amount).

Also carry enough clothes when you coming. Its not as cheap as you think. I too miss eko market

Apps you might need :

1. DB navigator : for train
2. Google translate app : for translating your german documents to english (very very handy)
3. know the region you are in and download the transport app for that region: the app shows you the time your bus is going to arrive and bus stops. (makes life easy)
you can download myVRN app for (mannheim,heidelberg,ludwigshafen)
VVS app for (stuggart, essliengen)

If you want to do side jobs here, try to learn german before coming if not just mange your 720 euro.

GOODNEWS : Germany new immigration laws has given equal rights to both native German and foreign students/Job seekers i.e there is no longer a priority to check if a citizen or EU national might be able to take the job.

That's all for now

Tschuss

If you are going to live in a private apartment, better make it 1000euros because rent and caution alone will take more than 60%, enrollment fees (semester fees et al) will take some more.

P.S: You can always go around with your admission letter or enrollment certificate if you have that and most bus drivers will let you in for free. You should also get a pass with the controllers with this. Just make sure you get the ticket asap.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2018
Can one complete set of certified documents be used when applying for bsc and MSC in the same institution?

pompido:

Yes you can. You can also get admitted to both programs as different admissions group review applications.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tonnymexx: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hello everyone am a new person on this thread. I thank all the gurus in the house please continue with your good work. I study Geography and Planning science with CGPA 3.85 second class upper.

I want to know is there school in Germany that offer admission without ILETS text in English since we were trained to speak English.

When is the best month to start processing admission and which university give admission easily.

I Learnt universities in Germany are tuition free. I need some list of universities where Nigerian attend mostly.

I will appreciate anyone who could be of help. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2018
The question is..are you preparing for summer or winter?
2. Yes, you can use English proficiency letter in place of the English tests..but it depends on schools.. You will have to mail your school to find out sir

tonnymexx:
Hello everyone am a new person on this thread. I thank all the gurus in the house please continue with your good work. I study Geography and Planning science with CGPA 3.85 second class upper.

I want to know is there school in Germany that offer admission without ILETS text in English since we were trained to speak English.

When is the best month to start processing admission and which university give admission easily.

I Learnt universities in Germany are tuition free. I need some list of universities where Nigerian attend mostly.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Youngbbt: 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2018
harkheju:
2. Yes, you can use English proficiency letter in place of the English tests..but it depends on schools.. You will have to mail your school to find out sir

please is admission with just waec certificate possible I'm still a novice here....

u reply is highly recommended
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tonnymexx: 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2018
Thanks for responding sir.. To be sincere with you am a new person on this thread.

I have not gotten any school now. I need your help on school I can apply without ILETS test.

Am just making enquiry, Please I will appreciate if you can give me schools I can apply towards winter term?

harkheju:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by legionnaire(m): 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hi everyone. Please I am a first class graduate of Engineering. I am interested in doing my masters degree in Germany.

Please what are my chances?

Will my high academic grade give me an edge in terms of financial funding?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzyozi(f): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
remasend:
M people my people I greet you all. Pls has anyone applied or is familiar with University of Mainz. Am about applying but am seeing my qualifications has to be accredited my the university first b4 I submit. Anyone with similar experience? Thanks
I am going to apply for jgu too but for winter application
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
tonnymexx:
Thanks for responding sir.. To be sincere with you am a new person on this thread.

I have not gotten any school now. I need your help on school I can apply without ILETS test.

Am just making enquiry, Please I will appreciate if you can give me schools I can apply towards winter term?

use daad website... Navigate the site to where u can search for schools of ur choice, u can also find out if they accept letter of English proficiency
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
harkheju:
Can one complete set of certified documents be used when applying for bsc and MSC in the same institution?

The different recepient addresses for each program should tell you different sets of document are needed.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzyozi(f): 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
tonnymexx:

hi we are in the same situation same course too although I have found schools offering our course in English Johannes Gutenberg uni also known as uni of mainz

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tonnymexx: 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
Really bro.. Abeg have you make enquiry about their admission processing and also if they accept letter of english proficiency from our local school?

Chizzyozi:
hi we are in the same situation same course too although I have found schools offering our course in English Johannes Gutenberg uni also known as uni of mainz
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2018
Palla:
I can attest to it I got AM without BA or SL within 3 weeks of my interview
Did you eventually fund before you left for Germany? If yes, why did you have to fund when you already got the AM?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
Kushi7:
Funny enough I no be newcomer o.visa received. I was just wondering how the people he talked about registered in Germany without BA or SL.No vex bro wink
please this question makes alot of sense. Can someone kindly do justice to it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ndkings1:

What program do want to do? If it's masters - what's your GPA?
Please I'd also appreciate any insight on scholarship. I'm going for. MSc GPA of 4.58.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 11:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
Palla:
I can attest to it I got AM without BA or SL within 3 weeks of my interview
Did you eventually fund your BA before or after entering Germany? If yes, why did you have to considering that you already got your AM? If no, were they no obstacles you faced when you got to Germany?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kevwemanuel: 12:03am On Oct 21, 2018
heybaby12:

This year a lot of ppl got AM with out BA/SL . Some got it with conditions others got with out....so I don't think his contradicting himself.

Heybaby,
For those that got it with conditions, do you have any idea of the conditions? For those without conditions, did they face any peculiar challenges in Germany which could have been avoided if they funded their BA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.