Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 (41837 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sierra Leone: AFCON Qualifier (3 - 2) On 18th June 2023 / Tunisia Vs Nigeria: AFCON Third Place (0 - 1) Full Time / Croatia Vs England: World Cup ( 2 - 1) On July 11 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by waladis(m): 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
ShoutSoccer:

Trust me, you cannot compare the quality of the English team to that of Croatia. The Three Lions lack substance and barely play as a team, despite the names. In the case of Croatia, we were up against A TEAM with one of the finest midfielders alive, in the person of Modric, another fine midfielder in the person of Rakitic, a deadly striker in the person of Mario Mandzukic and Perisic.

Most of our boys had not gotten the exposure before now. They tried, really and yes, we still have a huge chance of qualifying. All we need to do is to beat Argentina as I doubt Croatia would lose against Iceland.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
FIFA needs to send this Tunisia team back home angry
Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by gotousa2013: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Instead of embarrassing ourselves at the World Cup can't we just find something else doing.

4 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by joshmee4real(m): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
What is with Africans nd nt being able to defend set pieces. Is it only to use energy that they practice?

5 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by otokx(m): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ekaka1:

I think it's something missing in our coaching or the psyche of the average African player. I also expected the Coach to get on the touch line screaming instructions like his life depended on it especially that Tunisia had defended for at least 30 minutes of this half with one shot at goal

He was playing for a draw, at 80 something minute he forgot the trend of conceeding late goals.

6 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Akinpelumusibau: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
Zephyr10:
nairaland please help us cast this bet9ja scam oo
bet9ja want to scam us with market scam, changing our under goals in a single match to the whole tournament, Nigerian youth are reacting right now and we need ur help to take this case to the highest level. Thanks

Na by force to play betting ni?

7 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by hucienda: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
Be like Africa no just follow for dis World Cup.

Let's see if Senegal bucks the trend tomorrow.
Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by kodded(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
Xkalaban:
Even though they lost the match, the Tunisians just won my heart tonight. They played very well and they are very organized. Don't lose hope guys, u fought ur battle well.

I guess you didn't watch how island played Argentina or how Switzerland played Brazil or how Mexico outplayed Germany

....stop supporting mediocrity, there is no difference between what Tunisia played and what Nigeria played undecided

14 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by promise4wonders: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
for the third timr , last minute goals for both Africans and third defeat for African countries.we a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by kay5you: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
Typical African team. So sad. We kept conceding late minute goals

1 Like

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by waladis(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
gotousa2013:
Instead of embarrassing ourselves at the World Cup can't we just find something else doing.
Table tennis World Cup grin

7 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by ominilongest(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
sureteeboy:
Harry Kane was as free as air before heading that ball in. The space he was left with is quite enough to plant 7 tubers of yam on 7 heaps with adequate spacing between them. Such an horrendous defending.
;Dmy teeth

2 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by baum1: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
ruffDiamond:
why do african team always going defensive on they manage to score? ugh?? why ? these ediots were busy defending the miserable lucky penalty awardeded while the brits keeps pounding away at them!just check the ball possession and shot on target!!!!!i

i will say it here again...soccer is not meant for africa!
it was invented by white and you cant beat them at their oen game! eod!
dont quote me! angry

You're wrong. More than half of Brazil's players are not white. They are blacks or some mixture of black and something.

I really expect an intelligent response from you that disagrees with what I have said.

Send

6 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by junior24(m): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
Just lashing African teams any how ,Senegal loading
Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by chocorex(m): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
kodded:
football is really dead, harry Kane did nothing through out the match, and he was luckyvto be in the rightvplace at the right time in his two goals scored, but watch as they will give him the man of the match award and watch as the whole media will praise him

Guy no be who work hard but who get grace. U can read all night and skip the part where they set questions, I can read an hour and read luckily what will come out. In the end Na me know book.

....football is really dead sad
Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by samzzycash(m): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
ShoutSoccer:

Trust me, you cannot compare the quality of the English team to that of Croatia. The Three Lions lack substance and barely play as a team, despite the names. In the case of Croatia, we were up against A TEAM with one of the finest midfielders alive, in the person of Modric, another fine midfielder in the person of Rakitic, a deadly striker in the person of Mario Mandzukic and Perisic.

Most of our boys had not gotten the exposure before now. They tried, really and yes, we still have a huge chance of qualifying. All we need to do is to beat Argentina as I doubt Croatia would lose against Iceland.
Bros but Croatia didn't play anything actually they performed below average. And if only nigeria knows what is a counter attack could have won.

8 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by kindnyce(m): 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
That useless number 4 had all the chances in the world to safely put the ball in a throw in OR clear it, he just handed England 3points.
It seems set piece has been the nemesis of African countries

1 Like

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Naughtytboy: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ayemileto:

Exactly. The only coach that gave some a chance is keshi. and one of the guys who play for sunshine stars then scored the winning goal for us in AFCON 2013.

But the guy was desperate to make 2014 world cup list and accepted a deal with a 2nd division club in France. Keshi still dropped him.

The guy was a defender and he helped solidify our defense then. I can't remember his name.
obaboana
Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by chocorex(m): 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
kodded:
football is really dead, harry Kane did nothing through out the match, and he was lucky to be in the rights place at the right time in his two goals scored, but watch as they will give him the man of the match award and watch as the whole media will praise him

....football is really dead sad

Guy no be who work hard but who get grace. U can read all night and skip the part where they set questions, I can read an hour and read luckily what will come out. In the end Na me know book.

6 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by thatigboman: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
MrCork:
..UP BRITISH. .UP BRITISH. ...UP BRITISH. ...kaiiiiii. ..we Londoners are proud innnit....hopefully Nigeria will learn!! cheesy
it's England, not Britain

1 Like

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by RexTramadol1: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
I don't even want the Super Eagles to qualify

That'd be too much for them to handle

I want them to score just one goal at this competition

They should score first and dance shaku shaku for us to see

Well-done Tunisia.
Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Prophylactic: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
ShoutSoccer:

can we even beat iceland not to talk of argentina , we lost our first game n no excuse for it, our outing was very pour

3 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by STILESGANG: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
hulk616:
Belgium is beating this Tunisia team 11 0 rubbish
Belgium isn't spectacular either

4 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Xkalaban(m): 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
otokx:

Played well with how many shots on target.

Yea I know. I started watching from 2nd half sha. But I liked how organized they were. If they can maintain their style of play and then introduce potent strikers that can finish the job when they counter attack, I think they will be on the right track. Set pieces na rat poison to African teams. Smh....

5 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by RexTramadol1: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Naughtytboy:
obaboana

Haha! Na Sunday Mba.

3 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by baum1: 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
ruffDiamond:
why do african team always going defensive on they manage to score? ugh?? why ? these ediots were busy defending the miserable lucky penalty awardeded while the brits keeps pounding away at them!just check the ball possession and shot on target!!!!!i

i will say it here again...soccer is not meant for africa!
it was invented by white and you cant beat them at their oen game! eod!
dont quote me! angry

Oga, go and give a sound answer to my question. I've just given a response to your "football is not for blacks" argument. If you have a solid argument, provide. I'll wait for you. Otherwise we will conclude you just spoke out of annoyance.

1 Like

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Reussite: 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
sureteeboy:
Harry Kane was as free as air before heading that ball in. The space he was left with is quite enough to plant 7 tubers of yam on 7 heaps with adequate spacing between them. Such an horrendous defending.
Lmao really hilarious. The player who didn't kick out the ball from entering corner kick should be shot from 12yards distance...very terrible decision.

5 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Asabe4(f): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
luminouz:

Lol
I didn't get ur gift babe!!!
Something to do with the courier....do resend!!
Reason I sent same to you... Didn't get yours either
Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
That defender is a fool, he caused the corner. Clear ball out you are romancing ball in front of England player
Not just that incident, they did that the entire game. I told people that the Tunisians reluctance to kick the ball away when under pressure will cost them the game

2 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by sharpwriter(m): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
oshe11:
I knew Tunisia would regret not clearing the balls but rather playing from the back.....

That corner was AVOIDABLE

Don't mind the stupid player... he caused the goal.

2 Likes

Re: Tunisia Vs England: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 18th June 2018 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
Weldon England!!!

Tunisia, like other North Africa countries fell to late goal...

Senegal please do Africa proud.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Mikel Obi’s Babymama, Olga With One Of Their Twins (PICTURED) / Meet Rudolph Ingram, 7-year-old American Sprinter Who Might Be Next Usain Bolt / Kanu Nwankwo & Amarachi Watch Arsenal Last Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.