Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,953 members, 7,841,673 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Twitter User Says It Took His Father’s Death To Realize How Hardworking He Was - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twitter User Says It Took His Father’s Death To Realize How Hardworking He Was (469 Views)

Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend Because He Took His Daughter Out For Christmas / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / “Never Leave Your Husband Because He Cheats” - Facebook User Says, Gets Replied (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter User Says It Took His Father’s Death To Realize How Hardworking He Was by stane007: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
The Father's day celebration is still on, and a Nigerian Twitter user @Bar_Baric took to the platform to share a post about his relationship with his dad before and after his death.

According to Twitter user @Bar_Baric who always wondered why his father's work was so important that he couldn't make out time for them, he realized how hard working his dad was when he died. He wrote;

I never really loved my dad much till he died. I was just a kid and always wondered what was so important about his bloody work that he couldn't make time for us. Mum made out time; mum cared.

So one day, the big man had an accident on his way to resume work in Abuja after the Easter holiday. He didn't make it. In less than a month, we were asked to leave the CBN quarters, the cars were taken away, we had to withdraw from the top schools.

It was after my father's death I began to realise what words like "Rent" and "Hunger" meant outside of the dictionary and written text. It was then I realized the time our dad didn't spend with us was what provided the good life we had, and in the words of 50 Cent, he died trying

Since then, I gave special respect to all men working hard to provide for their families. It's one of the hardest things to do. It was then I understood why my dad would get so furious when I came second in class. I used to think he was just being a hater.

Alhaji Bello Ani Oyarese, God bless his soul.

https://lailasnews.com/twitter-user-says-it-took-his-fathers-death-to-realize-how-hardworking-he-was/

Lalasticlala

Re: Twitter User Says It Took His Father’s Death To Realize How Hardworking He Was by thesicilian: 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
I can relate.
Re: Twitter User Says It Took His Father’s Death To Realize How Hardworking He Was by decatalyst(m): 8:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
I used to tell.my bro that he would appreciate money and how to use it when he start working.

Dude just started his NYSC thing and he was posted to a school...already saying "they want to kill somebody with work" and laughed so loud and hard over the phone.

He never even start marking script oo grin grin
Re: Twitter User Says It Took His Father’s Death To Realize How Hardworking He Was by Shugarlord213: 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
The only work Nigerian women know how to do is to open leg wide in their husbands house while chatting with numerous men on WhatsApp and Facebook

Anybody marrying on Saturdays are just marrying retired oloshoos and worn out pooosie

It will be useless wasting 150k on a wornout, torn poosie , what honeymoon are you people enjoying
Re: Twitter User Says It Took His Father’s Death To Realize How Hardworking He Was by Aquariann: 9:08am On Jun 18, 2018
I've come to the realization that you as a man can not really have all in life if you want your kids to live a very comfortable life. You'll get to sacrifice a lot of time with them for your job or hustles. You just strive to seek a balance but can never achieve it. The extra effort and time you put in is what your kids will term "you never cared" or "you're always away".

I was just having this conversation with a friend yesterday. I asked her what she did for or got her dad for father's day and she just said "Nothing, I just hugged him and gave him a peck. After all he doesn't care about us".

Now the care she meant was he's always out working and out never around. He is an engineer.

I had to remind her he works that hard so she can afford to attend one of the top private universities in Nigeria, so they can afford the luxury of living in one of the most expensive serviced estate in Lagos (only a minute before I asked her about fathers day, I had complained about power outage and she had laughed saying she never gets to experience it at home). Continuing, I reminded her she spent her last holiday overseas because he could afford it.

She argued but the mom was always around and cared (she owns her own shop and doesn't have to go out all the time) and I told her it was simply because daddy does the hard work. Perhaps if he didn't marry, he would have been okay with self contain pad somewhere quiet and wouldn't work extra hard.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Is My Birthday / How To Identify A Femisandrist! / Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.