Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Efcc Should Stay! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Should Stay! (1964 Views)

Gani Adams Collected N10.6b From Jonathan; EFCC Should Probe Him - OPC Leaders / Arms Deal: ‘EFCC Should Also Probe Buratai’! - Thecable / James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2007
All the custom made allegations implemented by the president and Mr.Ribadu are starting to spill out like an acidulated
overheated coconut soup.
To be fair, we all know that Mr. Ribadu's intentions are sincere and we've given him kudos for that several times , but he has failed to produce and do his duties accordingly. This is an intelligent individual and there is no way Mr. Ribadu didn't know that Mr. president's deals and corruption crusade were baseless and shady.

Furthermore, it is very important for all of us to know and understand that Mr. Ribadu's position with the federal government requires high moral caliber; credibility and perfection must be embraced at all time, there is no doubt about it. But it is clear and continues to be clearer each and every day that Mr.Ribadu's style of operation is far from this high standard purity.

A man of integrity can not be manipulated by any individual and will not compromise his standard under any circumstances.
I believe Mr. Ribadu has accommodated his standard by allowing Mr. president to rope him into a political disaster and by not standing by his dogmas.

Therefore, I recommend to retain EFCC as an organization that focuses on a group concept, but Mr Ribadu must go.
In order for Nigeria as a nation to move forward unitedly and start again unconventionally , Mr. Ribadu's duty as the EFCC boss must be dissolved as soon as his estrange boss, Mr. President finishes his term.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by sw: 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2007
Please Nairalander advise me on what to do, i went to where i kept my Original NYSC certificate and other Documents but only to discover that the NYSC certificate is missing, Please help me on what to do, I have the photocopy and the original that i scanned, but will d employers accept the scanned one? some body should help me on what to do
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by McKren(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2007
where have you been??
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Sijien(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2007
useless thread angry
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by crusader(f): 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2007
my dear since u have d scanned copy, relax. If u try going to abuja secretariat u could spend a lot of money on transport and get a lot of stress b4 u can get another and possibly sorting with money to get quick attention after all this is naija. All employers of reputable companies confirm ur credentials after probation cos it is no secret that some people forge certificates to get jobs. My sis lost her original degree certificate and was stressed up seriously by her university in order to get another. She gave up and went for the interview with the scanned copy she has been working with the bank for 4 years now with the scanned copy. No problem b cos they verified her result. Same thing applies to your nysc discharge cert. Relax, u can use d scanned copy.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2007
by Razorr
Well Afam, I'm really sorry, but Ribadu has proven that his word doesn't mean shit! Look at the bullocks he spewed yesterday about the PTDF report.
Where are the men of integrity in Nigeria?

Mr. Sijien: yes, this thread might be very useless to you, may be because you find it very painful and difficult to think profoundly or you're just totally in the dark (a follower); but we shall see how this unfolds.

Time will tell.

Furthermore, FYI:Mr. Sijien, this topic is a bit too overbalanced for you and I truly do not expect much from you.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2007
@McKren:

It has been a crazy week for me. Very busy, but not too busy to check you guys out from time to time.
Hope all is fine with you.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2007
The EFCC position in Nigeria requires high moral caliber; anything less could be a disaster to our nation and the victim could be anyone of us.

Therefore, it is very important to understand the lyric of the music or song before you start dancing.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by egbon(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2007
Things are now unfolding, the can of worms are slowly opening. I was slightly disappointed by Mr. Ribadu's comment yesterday, he needs to stay away from all this mess and focus more on bringing people to justice (difficult job if you ask me, in a lawless country like ours).

This report once again confirms that ATIKU is not fit to rule Nigeria. OBJ on the other hand needs to understand that he does not own Nigeria - pushing a candidate like Umaru Yar'dua and Jonathan Goodluck is just a cover-up for him not to be later on probed. In my opinion, I think OBJ had good intentions when he became president in 1999, but was surrounded by sharks and thieves!

It is not easy to rule such a country like Nigeria - which makes me question the candidacy of Umaru Yar'dua. Only time will tell what will become of our lovely nation. At times I wonder if the black race is truly cursed!
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by DRANOEL(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2007
curses angry angry
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2007
Ribadu must go while EFCC organization is restructured.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by egbon(m): 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2007

Of cause we do need a change, b'cos the chairmanship of EFCC is not a lifetime position. The present administration and Nuhu Ribadu and his team should still be recognized for living something positive behind.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Colonia(m): 8:09am On Mar 24, 2007
I am sure RIBADU must have some integrity before he was appointed to head EFCC. As we all know it takes a lot to be able to maintain your senses whenever someone with integrity takes a public position in Nigeria. The way i see it what could he have done? he was appointed by somebody, he has a boss.The whole EFCC idea is great , but until they can stay focused there is no point. At first the respect they had has to be regained, for "EFCC" to ever make sense again. Overall , keeping them around with restructured modus operandi will be great. We Nigerians need organization like this to keep people who think they are untouchable in check.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by donnymikky(m): 8:53am On Mar 24, 2007
If Ribadu goes tell me who comes in that will not be criticized??
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by sw: 11:31am On Mar 24, 2007
Thanks Guys i will do that as soon as possible.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2007
We are not criticizing Ribadu, he's a fine man and he has done a lot, but if we want a fresh start, this man must go. He has placed himself in a cage by fooling around with OBJ and political holocaust.

It doesn't matter what he does from now on, the stain stays and we will always have doubt about his operation; and this is not the way we want to view EFCC. We want a reliable organization with incredible credibility.

This is a new beginning, why not take advantage of it and do it right this time around?
It will be better for a new Nigeria and the man himself if he can just move on and allow a fresh start with a better strategy to control the organization.

As per someone's previous post, this position is not a life time position; it is definitely a great idea to make this kind of change every 4 years.

I also believe that EFCC will function better and will be more successful if they focus on a group concept instead of one man show.

Once again, Mr Ribadu has done well; afterall no one is perfect, but he must go.

Just because you've started something nice doesn't mean you have to finish it.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by twinstaiye(m): 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2007
May be we should put Bigb1 there, and I am sure he will not prosecute his wife's parents who are corrupt, because he i snot like Ribadu, I am sure BigB1 will not prosecute his fellow classmate, because he once help him while they were in school, and of course he would not respect a reciprocal gentleman agreement from his President, who had similarly offer job to most of his families, gave scholarship to those he recommended to Mr President and of course those that Mr president offer some one way or the other assistance just because he is the chairman of EFCC. Common, it is easy to criticize from far away, I bet you now know Ribadu did his best, it is just that he is dealing with powerful people who does not fight fair. All you need do is put yourself in his shoe.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2007
I feel you and I understand where you're coming from and that is the problem in Nigeria; it is difficult to be clean (system is dirty and culture is corrupt).

But never the less, we should still find a better way to move our country forward.
I truly do not think there is any magic left for Mr Ribadu to perform; if we want a new Nigeria, a credible environment, then Mr. Ribadu must go.

It doesn't make sense to continue to have doubt and feeling insecure just because we are not sure who is truly behind EFCC operations.

New beginning New Nigeria.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by McKren(m): 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2007
If Ribadu goes tell me who comes in that will not be criticized??

A lot of people, provided you dont touch the biggest thieves amongst us the politicians. Have you heard anyone criticizing ICPC??/
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2007
You know what? You're absolutely correct, there is no one criticizing ICPC.
And you know why?

90% of ICPC members are old school, well educated and very knowledgeable when it comes to law, politics and respect for human rights.
They did not take their positions only to impress the president or to make name for themselves. Their concept or manner of operation is a group oriented.

As we all know, Nigeria is a very entangled nation and it is very important to be careful and as a top federal official, not to get yourself involved with politics.

For example, few days ago Mr Ribadu made a comment regarding VP as a corrupt individual and the president as the saint from heaven.
Give me a break!
Statement like this should never never come from one that holds a vital position like Ribadu's; especially during this fracturable period in Nigeria. The statement is totally unacceptable and Mr.Ribadu should have known better.
Furthermore, Mr. Ribadu's position as the EFCC boss doesn't permit him to pass judgment, his position is to carry out a successful investigation.
Concluding and pointing out the thief between the two parties (president and the VP) is not the right thing to do; it only adds fire to the questionable and uncertain image of the organization.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Abdblues(m): 10:23am On Mar 25, 2007
On a scale of 10 i will still give the guy Ribadu 8 for a job well done!!!
@ Big B1: Did you expect he guy to be critizing OBJ, given that the organisation he heads EFCC is under the direct control of the precidency, Common!!
The Senate should before the end of their tenure remove the EFCC from the direct control of the president and make it an independent body, and it will become much more effective!!
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by ugodaniel(m): 1:22pm On Mar 25, 2007
The only fault i have with EFCC is in its stating time and time again that OBJ is not CORRUPT!

That to me tells the whole story of its very existence cry
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by cesear(m): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2007
Big B1:

good

Abdblues:

On a scale of 10 i will still give the guy Ribadu 8 for a job well done!!!
@ Big B1: Did you expect he guy to be critizing OBJ, given that the organisation he heads EFCC is under the direct control of the precidency, Common!!
The Senate should before the end of their tenure remove the EFCC from the direct control of the president and make it an independent body, and it will become much more effective!!

There is no law that said he should be defending OBJ anywhere he goes, is he the Information minister or OBJ spoke man. He should keep his mouth shut in certain issue, knowing that whatever he says counts.
he said that Alao Akala is corrupt, but the guys name did not appear in EFCC list. Now he is insisting that OBJ is not corrupt. Tomorrow he will tell us like femi kayode that he is doing his work
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2007
As I've mentioned, Mr Ribadu is a fine man, a dedicated Nigerian who placed himself in a cage by fooling around with OBJ and Nigerian politics.
At the beginning, he was the man, he was focused, he had the support and respect of the majority; I must admit I was very impressed with his drive, infact I was one the first Nigerian to jump on the band wagon and I was very proud to do so at that time.
But this is a new beginning, new people, new attitude, new strategy and a new Nigeria.
Nothing against Ribadu; but for the sake of a fresh start and washing away OBJ's dirty era for ever, this man must go while EFCC is restructured.

There is no way our nation can move forward successful fighting this war against corruption if we continue to have questions and doubt about EFCC operations.

It is also important to understand the different between passing judgment and carrying out investigation.

FYI:I've noticed lately that EFCC fans are ashamed and mostly hidding their faces
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Afam(m): 5:05pm On Mar 25, 2007
I didn't know you could see the faces of users of this forum or is this another claim like the politicians?
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by Crownvilla(m): 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2007
Ribadu is not perfect, who is? However, he has done a fantastic job within the circumstances. Maybe if he'd kept a low profile and refrained from making statements that (rightly or wrongly) can be construed to be political, then his work would have been more appreciated.
Nigeria has been in the throes of corruption for over 40 years; the EFCC has only been in existence since 2003. For a very young organsation that is fighting a culture of coruption, to my mind they have done well.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 11:36pm On Mar 25, 2007
I didn't know you could see the faces of users of this forum or is this another claim like the politicians?

My man, you finally came out of the hole; cool, excellent choice.

Don't you think it's time for your man to move?

Sometimes staying too long defeats the purpose. And please don't get me wrong; I truly love and admire your man, because no one is perfect, but I love my country, Nigeria a little bit more.
I think restructuring EFCC as an organization will be much more better for a new beginning and a new Nigeria.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by McKren(m): 12:00am On Mar 26, 2007
90% of ICPC members are old school, well educated and very knowledgeable when it comes to law, politics and respect for human rights.
They did not take their positions only to impress the president or to make name for themselves. Their concept or manner of operation is a group oriented

what have they achieved so far??/ in a country as corrupt as Nigeria yet there is hardly any high profile arrest you can associate with ICPC. ICPC is simply synonmous with inefficiency.

I have said it before, I dont know any individual who has no questions of corruption that has been harrased by EFCC so I simply dont know why any law abbiding Nigerian will be worried about EFCC or Ribadu.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 12:27am On Mar 26, 2007
1. Posted by McKren:
what have they achieved so far??/ in a country as corrupt as Nigeria yet there is hardly any high profile arrest you can associate with ICPC. ICPC is simply synonmous with inefficiency

In order to understand the inefficiency of the ICPC you've got to understand Nigerian politics.

For more information, I will advise you to revisit a topic I posted few weeks ago, "The real different between the EFCC and ICPC"
You should be able to pickup one or two things.

Good luck!

2. Posted by McKee:
I have said it before, I don't know any individual who has no questions of corruption that has been harassed by EFCC so I simply don't know why any law abiding Nigerian will be worried about EFCC or Ribadu.

My man, sometimes you sound as if you've been gone forever or you reside in Pluto. Which one is it?
Wake up, my man! You've been sleeping for too long.

If you truly care about moving Nigeria forward effectively and efficiently, as you've claimed, then you should understand why it is important for Mr Rabidu to move on as early as April 2007.

Mr McKren, this is a new beginning, new people, new attitude, new strategy and a new Nigeria.
Nothing against Ribadu; but for the sake of a fresh start and washing away OBJ's dirty era for ever, this man must go while EFCC is restructured.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by BigB11(m): 1:53am On Mar 26, 2007
Mind Your Language, AC Tells Ribadu

The Action Congress (AC), has warned the chairman of Economic And Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, to be mindful of the kind of language he uses on national issues.

The Chairman, publicity committee of AC, Lai Muhammad said in a press release sent to Daily Independent.

Lai said: "We are alarmed and disgusted at the kind of uncouth and dangerous language being employed by the Chairman of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, to vent his anger at the Senate for having seen through his little game with President Olusegun Obasanjo to mislead Nigerians on the issue of the PTDF ."

Muhammad said it was too bad of Nuhu "to describe the Senate as unserious and threatened that Nigeria will collapse because the bottom has fallen off the charade of an investigation he conducted on the PTDF is not only uncharitable but treasonable."

"What gave Ribadu the audacity to be so contemptuous of a chamber of elected representatives of the people?

What is the source of his self-arrogated power?

"In other climes, a man like Ribadu would have apologised and resigned in shame for wasting public funds on an investigation that could not stand the simple test of fairness, instead of opening his mouth to continuously utter arrant nonsense.

"The truth is that the report of the Senate review committee has shown that it was President Obasanjo who misappropriated PTDF hence he was indicted accordingly, instead of the accusing finger pointed at Vice President Atiku Abubakar by a blatantly partisan EFCC and its puppeteers."

He continued, "it is amazing that Ribadu saw nothing wrong in the hatchet job done by the Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba committee, which could not make a connection between the body of its report and the conclusion it wanted to foist on the Senate."

"The same Ribadu turned the other eye when seven of the nine members of the Ndoma-Egba committee were conveniently given choice plots of land, complete with certificates of occupancy, at the same time they were named into the ad-hoc committee on the PTDF."

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link=%22http://www.independentngonline.com%22
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by McKren(m): 9:44am On Mar 26, 2007
@BigB1

I thought you will be nice enough to tell me one innocent person in EFCC net.
I restate my case, I simply dont know why a law abbiding Nigerian will want Ribadu gone.
Re: Efcc Should Stay! by 9ja4eva: 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2007
I used to think so bt of late my feelings changed regarding dt.Ribadu shld clear go since hes nt trustworthy again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Please Read This: / Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate / The Killings In Akwa Ibom State: The Real Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.