Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,162 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:12 AM

Should We Give Up On The Famous Pig Marcus Or Patient? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should We Give Up On The Famous Pig Marcus Or Patient? (415 Views)

Sweden 0-2 England: Marcus Rashford In Tears, Players Celebrate (Photos) / Meet Marcus, The Pig That Predicted Nigeria Will Get To The Semi-Final / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Give Up On The Famous Pig Marcus Or Patient? by sincere9ja: 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2018
T Psychic pig Mystic Marcus predicts World Cup semi-final line-up

Mystic Marcus predicts his World Cup semi-final line-up CREDIT: MICHAEL SCOTT/MERCURY PRESS
By Telegraph Reporters

15 JUNE 2018 • 4:44PM

he unscripted drama of a World Cup just wouldn't be complete without the sideshow of a psychic animal making bold predictions about the outcome, and this year, a mystic micro pig from Britain has stepped into the spotlight.

Mystic Marcus, a micro pig from a farm in Heage, Derbyshire, has ignored the favourites for the competition now under way in Russia, and plucked for Argentina, Belgium, Nigeria and Uruguay to make the final four.

The micro pig, sporting a wizard’s hat and cape, made the prediction by eating four apples with the colourful flags of each of his selected countries attached to a wooden cocktail stick.

Marcus has earned a reputation for making correct predictions, according to the BBC , having previously prophesied the result of the 2014 World Cup, the Wimbledon tennis men's finals, the Brexit vote and Donald Trump’s shock US election victory in 2016.

The piggy prophet’s owner Juliette Stevens, who breeds micro pigs for a living on her 22-acre family-run farm, said there has been huge interest in the animal’s World Cup predictions.

The pig predicted Argentina, Uruguay, Nigeria and Belgium to progress to the semi-finals

CREDIT: MICHAEL SCOTT/MERCURY PRESS

“I'm now inundated with messages from around the world from people asking me to arrange for Marcus to predict all sorts of things,” she explained. “Lottery numbers, election results, sports results, horse races. Very funny.”

Aside from making predictions, Ms Stevens previously said Marcus has a “lovely chilled out personality” and has “produced some lovely piglets”.

She added: “I love micro pigs because they are so intelligent and so cute and sweet. In my view they are by far the most amazing pets you could wish to own.”
Re: Should We Give Up On The Famous Pig Marcus Or Patient? by sincere9ja: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2018
Argentina and Nigeria is on the same group which is impossible. and Croatia has already got 3 point ahead of any team in the group.
Re: Should We Give Up On The Famous Pig Marcus Or Patient? by CoolFreeday(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
Anything is possible in life
Re: Should We Give Up On The Famous Pig Marcus Or Patient? by Upsidedown9ja(m): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2018
If I roast this pig now they will say I am wicked, make I see am for one corner. Make I predict am for my belle
Re: Should We Give Up On The Famous Pig Marcus Or Patient? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
any fool who believes in a pig's prediction is the same gullible person who will believe in juju or Harry Potter... keep deceiving yourselves with this BS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nikola Kalinic Sent Home From The World Cup / Nigeria Vs Iceland: Super Eagles Prepared To Redeem The Hope Of Nigerians / Worldcup2018: 4 Instances Of Fans Sexually Harrasing Female Reporters On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.