Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 (3863 Views)

Stars Who Missed Out On World Cup / Pitch Invader Tried To Put Hat On World Cup Trophy Before Final / Nigeria Vs South Korea: 2 - 2 @ World Cup 2010, June 22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by JomoGbomo2(m): 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2010
IN - HOUSE MEMO

TO: MY DARLING & SWEETHEART

SUBJECT: FIFA WORLD CUP 2010 – HOLDING BETWEEN JUNE 11 AND JULY 11 2010

DATE: June 3, 2010

Sweetheart, you know that there is nobody like you! My love for you is  as solid as Mount Everest . You also know that I love football – abi

World Cup 2010 will start on June 11 and it’s very important that I send this memo in advance as notice that things may have to change

during this period. FIFA has already endorsed the memo. Please endeavour to read the sports section of all your favorite

newspapers so that you are adequately aware of the goings on regarding the World of Soccer. This will enable us have fruitful conversations

during the period and prevent any complaints of inadequate attention noting that conversations will be mainly about the "mundial"

During the World Cup, the TV becomes mine – every time I am at home. Please act as if the African Magic Channels do not exist during this period.

Please avoid passing in front of the TV during games. When matches are on, I may be blind, deaf and mute unless I require a

refill of my drink or need something to eat!

Please, please and please!! If you see me upset during or after any match DO NOT say "it’s only a game" because it is not. It is more than a game!

Feel free to sit with me to watch the games but reserve all discussions for half time and only when the advertisements /commercials are on.

Please note that action replays are as important as the main thing!

Finally please advise your friends and in fact our families NOT to arrange any gatherings that require my attendance as I WILL NOT GO O!!!!!!

Thank you my darling for your cooperation and understanding.

I know you love me too!!!!!!

Your one and only sweetheart - It is a goal!!!

Let us pray that the women will abide by the foregoing!
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by A40(m): 12:24am On Jun 04, 2010
Hehehehe LWKMD
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:39am On Jun 04, 2010
JomoGbomo2:

IN - HOUSE MEMO

TO: MY DARLING & SWEETHEART
SUBJECT: FIFA WORLD CUP 2010 – HOLDING BETWEEN JUNE 11 AND JULY 11 2010
DATE: June 3, 2010
Sweetheart, you know that there is nobody like you! My love for you is as solid as Mount Everest . You also know that I love football – abi

World Cup 2010 will start on June 11 and it’s very important that I send this memo in advance as notice that things may have to change

during this period. FIFA has already endorsed the memo. Please endeavour to read the sports section of all your favorite

newspapers so that you are adequately aware of the goings on regarding the World of Soccer. This will enable us have fruitful conversations

during the period and prevent any complaints of inadequate attention noting that conversations will be mainly about the "mundial"

During the World Cup, the TV becomes mine – every time I am at home. Please act as if the African Magic Channels do not exist during this period.

Please avoid passing in front of the TV during games. When matches are on, I may be blind, deaf and mute unless I require a

refill of my drink or need something to eat!

Please, please and please!! If you see me upset during or after any match DO NOT say "it’s only a game" because it is not. It is more than a game!

Feel free to sit with me to watch the games but reserve all discussions for half time and only when the advertisements /commercials are on.

Please note that action replays are as important as the main thing!

Finally please advise your friends and in fact our families NOT to arrange any gatherings that require my attendance as I WILL NOT GO O!!!!!!

Thank you my darling for your cooperation and understanding.

I know you love me too!!!!!!

Let us pray that the women will abide by the foregoing!

Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 04, 2010
LOL!!!!!!! come on poster, you forgot the best part:

wifey
[b]- It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs of beers in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on (excluding your body parts), and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

- Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because we are losing, DO NOT say "get over it, it's only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

- You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during half time but only when the commercials are on, and only if the half time score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game; hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

- And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because before and after this comes the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, Spanish League, KPL, Grand Prix, Six Nations, hell, even WrestleMania, etc.

PS: By the way if you get stuck on the road call 999 or AA as only a nuclear bomb falling on the house will make me leave my seat in front of the TV during a match.[/b]
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by moonraker(m): 5:35am On Jun 04, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahahahahahahahaaa

This is crazy,

world cup is here, guys, prepare your beers, go and fix yur generator if yur in nigeria,
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by honeric01(m): 6:46am On Jun 04, 2010
Store up your house with fuel,
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by moonraker(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2010
I forgot to add fast food, the ones that you can just tear the rubber and eat,

you dont want to miss out in the action especially the games related to nigeria,

also, if yur still using old man television, i think this is the best time for an upgrade,
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 04, 2010
Mcccccccccccchew!

Men's obsession with football is disgusting! angry angry angry tongue
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by HNIC(m): 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ujujoan:

Mcccccccccccchew!

Men's obsession with football is disgusting! angry angry angry tongue

Pele. . . . .

You can never understand. . . . .

Since 2008, I have planned my vacation from work for the period of this world cup.

No one dares stand in my way, or else . . . . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 04, 2010
Ujujoan:

Mcccccccccccchew!
Men's obsession with football is disgusting!  angry  angry  angry  tongue

almost as disgusting as women going gaga for shopping or shoes.
we are different species but if you thought that the common sunday football was a pain in the a$$ then think again, THE WORLD CUP is the big daddy of all football.

btw: close to 750million people around the world(a few women included) watched the world cup final in 2006. . . . . . . that much people cannot be all wrong about the beauty of this art!
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by mukina2: 12:10am On Jun 05, 2010
lol @ topic

This memo was around in 2006 as well grin grin
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by moonraker(m): 1:06am On Jun 05, 2010
@ Mr BrownJAY

broda, talk it o jare,
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by canuck(m): 5:42am On Jun 12, 2010
@ Topic

She that has an ear, let her hear o! grin grin grin
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by nellaluv(f): 8:13am On Jun 12, 2010
mscheeeeeeeeeeeew, world cup ko, nonsense memo embarassed tongue
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by lizzybabe1(f): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2010
Luckily for me, I am equally obsessed with football. So this memo will not apply LOL.
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Cogito(m): 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2010

Hehehe, cracked me up. grin
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by chelseabmw(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
sweet letter.I love it so much
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
dont understand a thing here
in btw i dont like how "vuvuzela" sounds, everything about it is so vulgar.
vuvzela or trumpet which do you prefer?
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by eros(m): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! This really cracked me up.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Pamperme: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2010
LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by segzicres(m): 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2010
lol grin grin grin
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by youngbest(m): 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2010
Hillarious
i bought a 42" tv cos of dis world cup but so far cos of d job i havnt watched one match on it,
cos  my boss decided to go and watch d tin live,  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by sandee575(f): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2010
wifey
- It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs of beers in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on (excluding your body parts), and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

you meant 12 mid-night as 12 am doesnt exist
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Iceugwa(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
love this. so cool and funny
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by stagger: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2010
i have had to tell my wife off once some months back after she passed some comments about "watching football being a waste of time that adds no money to the bank account".

Why our women cannot understand the passion we have for football, a game most guys have played from their youth until when we had to start work (some guys still play even at that stage) beats my imagination.
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Odunnu: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2010
No wondr men are so annoying ds period.
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Fiscabally(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
I don belle full wit laff!
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by spicyhoney(f): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
really funny. guys and football! smiley
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2010
We are not sex starved this one month.Women, cover it!
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Finecat(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
Dampsey!!!! Goalll!!!
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2010
yeah nice memo got that on my bb and sent it to some female group boy did they really vex, funny enough so many females around me too are crzay about the match even more than me, so imagine the soccer dudes and babes in one place drinking and enjoying the match while the other Gay[Non-football lover that are men] do their biz outside, Kudos to Naija vs Arg those boys tried esp keeper,
Re: Memo To My Wife On World Cup 2010 by kobikwelu(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2010
lol

strangely women never understand that THEY ARE NEVER EVER NEEDED DURING THESE WORLD CUP MATCHES angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

they choose these period to raise "irrelevant discussions",

the memo should be placed in three national dailies, to pass the message across,

I JUST TOOK MI ANNUAL LEAVE , SO AS TO WATCH ALL (YES ALL) THE MATCHES LIVE!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"He's A Spineless Coward" Revealed Zlatan Ibrahimovic To Guardiola / Instagram Deletes Kinsey Wolanski Sue's Account After Champions League Stunt / Bet9ja Recruiting Agents In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.