Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,387 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison (1137 Views)

Simon Ekpa Criticises And Threatens Ralph Uwazuruike / Ralph Uwazuruike Blasts Wike Over Hotel Demolition Says "What Nonsense Governor" / Ralph Uwazuruike: Cremate My Corpse After Death - MASSOB Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by stephanie11: 8:39am On Jun 18, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Chief Ralph Uwazuruioke, founder of the Movement for the actualization of a Sovereign state of Biafra, MASSOB, has been sentenced to one month in jail for disobeying a court order by the Owerri high court.

Uwazuruike was handed down the sentence for disobeying a directive to appear in court for a case in which he is a plaintiff. Presiding Justice Kemakolam Ojiako made the order in the civil case, HOW/265/2013, between Uwazuruike (plaintiff) and Barr. Chigozie Iheama and others over a land dispute.

Ruling on the motion on notice filed on July 6, 2017, by C.K. Okorie, counsel to the defendant, praying the court to commit the plaintiff/contemnor to prison for disobeying the order of the court, Ojiako ruled that,

“The plaintiff, Chief Raphael Uwazuruike, is hereby found guilty of contempt/disobedience to the said order of court made on April 2, 2017. That the plaintiff, Chief Raphael Uwazuruike, is hereby committed/sentenced to prison custody and shall be so detained for a period of one month from the date of his commitment to prison.”

Uwazuruike, his agents, privies or servants were also restrained from entering the land. Proceedings were adjourned to June 10, 2018.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-massob-leader-ralph-uwazuruike-sent-prison/

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:42am On Jun 18, 2018
Hmmmmmm Igbos right now - grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It seems there are different laws for different people in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked

OBASANJO never got that when he was charged to court by that druglord kashamu, he openly disobeyed the court orders shocked shocked shocked

Our Judiciary self , our NBA seems to have gone to sleep undecided

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by olaniputu: 8:50am On Jun 18, 2018
criminal
Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by zombieHUNTER: 8:55am On Jun 18, 2018
Why only one month.....

Give this unstable lunatic life abeg
Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by Sarkin: 9:04am On Jun 18, 2018
These guys always think and act like they are above the law.
Let me not say much...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2018
It should have been life imprisonment.....rather...
we prefer the legitimate government of Nnamdi kanu.
Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 18, 2018
It should have been life imprisonment.....rather...
we prefer the legitimate government of Nnamdi kanu.
Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by EternalTruths: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2018
Nobody will cry if he is killed in prison.
You don't insult kanu and go free.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by fykes(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2018
I am a full grown Igbo man and I can rightfully make d assertions having schooled and worked in Nigeria all my life;
I don't know Ojukwu, Zik, Awo, or any saduana. I wasn't born when they lived all I have of them is history and history is past, but my future I can decide.

However, I know my friends; Abdulahi ishajobi, Sule Mohammed, Morayo Banjoko, Temisola Adewale, and I can easily say these amongst others are the finest human beings I know and their tribes hasn't stopped them from being good nor doing good.
I share not in the sentiments of the present Nigeria, cos it shall not be said of me and my family, that " the fathers has eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth is set on edge ".
YOUTHS RISE ABOVE HATE!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: MASSOB Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike Sent To Prison by Mynd44: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2018

(1)

Herdsmen Killings: You Are Very Sick – Fani-kayode Attacks Osinbajo / Trouble In PDP As 11 Aspirants Declares / Show Of Force By Army Python Dancers In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.