Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal (24180 Views)

Photos Of Aminu Tambuwal Arriving In PH Ahead Of PDP Presidential Election / Aminu Tambuwal Dumps APC For PDP / Aminu Tambuwal Sacks All Commissioners Ahead Of His Defection To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by goldcoinhub: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2018
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State has promised the people of Sokoto State to be more concerned about their basic needs and not in the construction of bridges and flyovers.

He made this known to civil servants and heads of government agencies in the state that paid him the traditional Sallah homage at Government House on Sunday in Sokoto, News Agency of Nigeria reports.

Tambuwal said he would not use available scarce resources to construct flyovers in place of people’s needs in the areas of health, education and access roads.

He said the needs of the state were different from other states, particularly those inaugurating bridges and flyovers.

“Our needs are completely different, states by states, and our priorities are not the same.

“I will not take Sokoto money to construct flyovers or bridges; these are not the priority of the state. Our priorities are tailored to the needs of our people.

“What we need in Sokoto state, particularly for our people in the rural areas are not bridges, flyovers, which are projects in billions.

“But what they need are smaller projects like basic health clinics, cottage hospitals, cottage industries, feeder roads, school infrastructure and scholarships to encourage learning,” he said.

The governor further renewed his administration’s commitment to change all negative indices of development associated with the state in the past.

He added that the state government was expanding the Internally Generated Revenue base of the state.

“The State IGR was less than 700,000 per month; as such we cannot compare ourselves with other states that generate billions monthly.

“So we are assuring you that this administration will embark on projects and policies designed to meet the needs of the people and change the negative narration about the state for instance in area of education would be pursued with vigour,” Tambuwal said.

He assured the civil servants of prompt payment of salaries and allowances, which he said were statutory, while other incentives would be worked out to further mobilise them to render optimal services to the state.

He ascribed the achievements of his administration to the proactive strategies and support received from the bureaucracy, noting that attending to the needs of the civil servants was a sure way of reducing corruption in public service.

The state Head of Service, Dr Buhari Kware, who led the delegation, commended the governor for making payment of salaries and allowances of civil servants a priority.

Kware pledged the support of all civil servants in the state to ensure the execution of government programmes successfully.

Similarly, Tambuwal had while receiving members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led by the state party Chairman, Alhaji Isa Achida, advised politicians not to use thugs before, during and after elections to intimidate opposition.

He told the party faithful not to expect intervention from him or from the state executives should anyone run violate the law and admonished youths to resist from being used as thugs to attack opponents.

https://lailasnews.com/my-people-need-basic-amenities-and-not-flyovers-aminu-tambuwal/

lalasticlala

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by dingbang(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2018
You see why people will go to hell..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by kayfra: 11:18am On Jun 18, 2018
Northern governor finally addressing their real issues. Zero human capital. Hope he sets the stage for his peers up north

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by espn(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2018
Nonsense... so we should die in traffic while u budget 2billion on health but all we get is Paracetamol...you will budget 10billion on housing...buy the masses will pay 20milliion just for 2bedroom flat....thief...

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Ahmed0336(m): 11:33am On Jun 18, 2018
espn:
Nonsense... so we should die in traffic while u budget 2billion on health but all we get is Paracetamol...you will budget 10billion on housing...buy the masses will pay 20milliion just for 2bedroom flat....thief...
Are you an indigene of sokoto or you resides there? See as u carry him matter for head like cap undecided

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2018
Nice reasoning.

5 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by debaj10: 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
if I yer!
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by debaj10: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
monthly igr of 700k?!? shocked
where sultan and all those caliphate pipu dey?!
all those cabal tax na only 700k?!?!?
Haba, alhaji.
lie small small na. undecided

minwyl, how much u dey take run govt house and state house?
tell us o, make we hear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by bobnatlo(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
That's right!!
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by espn(m): 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ahmed0336:

Are you an indigene of sokoto or you resides there? See as u carry him matter for head like cap undecided
who is dis 1

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Ahmed0336(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
espn:
who is dis 1

Should I start with my chieftaincy titles?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by otokx(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2018
Did he say 700k or is it a typo?

5 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by BabaRamota1980: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
Tambuwal, Correct!

We just dey build flyover everywhere without discretion.

8 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by MrPolitics: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
otokx:
Did he say 700k or is it a typo?

Most likely. He probably meant 700 million monthly which is still low for a state

6 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Rossikki: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
Very smart reasoning by the governor. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Sunnynaz: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
Cg
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
F
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
The caliphate has spoken
the subservient slaves I guess knows what to do.
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by helinues: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
Soro niyen

All these politicians self
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Emu4life(m): 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
U surely know what your people need and you are already doing well for your people, Mr Tambuwal. Carry go!!
Children of hate, please don't visit this thread.
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by computer0810(m): 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
like fayose

2 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by adetes: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Is he referring to oshokomole of ekiti state ?

1 Like

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by deeway200(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
excuse failure give will baffles you
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by deeway200(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
excuse failure give will baffle you
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by computer0810(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
espn:
have u ever traveled out of ur fathers house b4, apart from Lagos, abuja, PH and fews state capitals with traffic light where is d traffic when workers r being owe

4 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by diebuhari1: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
Almost four years into your tenure, you are still talking of what you WILL do. So typical of APC.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by CodeTemplar: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
Rossikki:
Very smart reasoning by the governor. Kudos.
Same state that supports building of mosques with state money.

4 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Hairyrapunzel: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Which one have you done for them sir?
Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by Phygo(m): 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Tambuwa is a good man. He is easily accessible even if u are not from sokoto state. Education in sokoto state is improving. I love this man personality, very humble.

I'm not from sokoto though, Abu m Ezigbo nwa-afo

2 Likes

Re: My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal by sabidey: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State has promised the people of Sokoto State to be more concerned about their basic needs and not in the construction of bridges and flyovers.

He made this known to civil servants and heads of government agencies in the state that paid him the traditional Sallah homage at Government House on Sunday in Sokoto, News Agency of Nigeria reports.

Tambuwal said he would not use available scarce resources to construct flyovers in place of people’s needs in the areas of health, education and access roads.

He said the needs of the state were different from other states, particularly those inaugurating bridges and flyovers.

“Our needs are completely different, states by states, and our priorities are not the same.

“I will not take Sokoto money to construct flyovers or bridges; these are not the priority of the state. Our priorities are tailored to the needs of our people.

“What we need in Sokoto state, particularly for our people in the rural areas are not bridges, flyovers, which are projects in billions.

“But what they need are smaller projects like basic health clinics, cottage hospitals, cottage industries, feeder roads, school infrastructure and scholarships to encourage learning,” he said.

The governor further renewed his administration’s commitment to change all negative indices of development associated with the state in the past.

He added that the state government was expanding the Internally Generated Revenue base of the state.

“The State IGR was less than 700,000 per month; as such we cannot compare ourselves with other states that generate billions monthly.

“So we are assuring you that this administration will embark on projects and policies designed to meet the needs of the people and change the negative narration about the state for instance in area of education would be pursued with vigour,” Tambuwal said.

He assured the civil servants of prompt payment of salaries and allowances, which he said were statutory, while other incentives would be worked out to further mobilise them to render optimal services to the state.

He ascribed the achievements of his administration to the proactive strategies and support received from the bureaucracy, noting that attending to the needs of the civil servants was a sure way of reducing corruption in public service.

The state Head of Service, Dr Buhari Kware, who led the delegation, commended the governor for making payment of salaries and allowances of civil servants a priority.

Kware pledged the support of all civil servants in the state to ensure the execution of government programmes successfully.

Similarly, Tambuwal had while receiving members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led by the state party Chairman, Alhaji Isa Achida, advised politicians not to use thugs before, during and after elections to intimidate opposition.

He told the party faithful not to expect intervention from him or from the state executives should anyone run violate the law and admonished youths to resist from being used as thugs to attack opponents.

https://lailasnews.com/my-people-need-basic-amenities-and-not-flyovers-aminu-tambuwal/

lalasticlala
which one did you provide? HE idiot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: FG To Partner With China To Secure Nigeria From Bandits, Terrorists / 50 Boko-Haram Suspects Killed & Three Captured In Borno / APC Presidential Team Wishes Nigerians A Merry Christmas (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.