Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals (23695 Views)

2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline / Undergraduate Admissions, JAMB Launches Mobile App / 'There Will Be Penalties For Universities Offering Illegal Admissions' - JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by ForeignAgent: 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
No wonder they are scared of being on their own. They're Just too stupid and retar.ded to survive in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Kennydoc(m): 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

see this one wey no sabi read.. in 2015 Delta took first and ogun second beating all d SE States..

Oga in educating and literacy we beat other regions hands down

Bros, you should be smarter than this na. Do you make an assessment from one sample alone? Okay, even though Ogun was 2nd in 2015 (only once in the 5 years assessed), what about the other years? What about the other Yoruba states? Moreover, my post wasn't just based on this article.

2 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by TundeBricklayer: 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

in drugs , kidnapping u guys lead.. Evans comes to MInd
You guys are leading in drugs, suicide, kidnapping, ritual and rape cases in Southern region

2 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Odingo1: 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Igbos are dominating the education sector now, NYSC camps in all state in Nigeria always have higher number of Igbos than any other tribe in Nigeria since last 5 years.

7 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by salt1: 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
This is good news.
If Igbos add infrastructure to human capacity, there will be progress

I thought it will take Igbos 50 years to catch up with Yorubas after the devastating civil war but they are proving everybody wrong

GO igbos! Go!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 2:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hmm
Na wao Nasarawa State which way na
See how these guys are moving forward everyday, but we are still lacking all these Major courses in our universities. Make government try do something for education abeg Not all the roads
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by oluwaahmed: 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

lie kill u there... it is a known fact that Yorubas are the most educated in Nigeria...

No tribe beats the Yoruba to that...

u go just dey talk false stats...

The two best black doctors in The US are Crispin Adeniyi-Jones and Bankole Johnson, the best black doctors in the UK are yorubas... the best lawyers in the country are yorubas...

The igbo man is still in alaba or araria market selling spare parts.

The best universities in Nigeria are domiciled in The South West. UI, OAU, UNILAG. the best state university is LASU..

so stop lying.. i guess u didn't read d article sef

Stay there and be deceiving yourself. Yoruba were the most educated, not anymore. I schooled in a federal school in Lagos in the mid 90s half of my class were ibos. Now in d SE all of d students in FGC schools are igbo mixed with maybe SS. In d north it's basically the same as ibos are in majority of FGC schools. In the next 30 years igbos will be everywhere both locally and internationally. U better wake up.

6 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Smart4me: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
Armstrong34:
I don't see why Igbos and Yorubas keep killing themselves here.....Both tribes are great in every aspects......both are the ones holding the glory of Nigeria...... the North are cursed for life
\

I have said it before.. west and east are super talented and gifted by nature.. u only find northerners in govt agencies.. u hardly have them excel outside govt owned agencies.. This is because they rely heavily on the bleeped up system called Nigeria..

West and east dont know how gifted they are. For such two powerful ethnic groups, what fits them is not political unity but a system that allows both ethnic groups to be mutually independent.

Sadly, political miscalculation has made the two ethnic groups to miss it..

1 Like

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Ategberoson(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
kernel507:

Nairaland is not a state, travel to Imo, Anambra or Enugu after that you're free to say anything about development.

sharap nonentity. I served and stay in east during my stay I tour all over. aside of Nnewi north and awka, which other place is developed in Anambra? except the scattered Area in Onitsha that's popular because of their business hub

why not mention ebonyi or is it no more in East?

continue hyping yourself, east is an underdeveloped region
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by denuga01: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
CSTR1003:

Yoruba are no longer the most educated.
The title belongs now to the igbo nation with every relevant stat pointing to that direction.

South Africa has the highest number of world class schools in Africa.

The citizens themselves are not very educated.

You lots are making big mistakes, little above avarage yoruba parents send their children abroad to school at all cost. just check the number of students in various overseas university, yoruba leads others follows.
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by GMbuharii: 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2018
Kudos to SS/SE

Meanwhile the highly sophisticated coneheads are tops in their usual danfo chasing Owo mi da university of agbero grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by CSTR1003: 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
denuga01:

You lots are making big mistakes, little above avarage yoruba parents send their children abroad to school at all cost. just check the number of students in various overseas university, yoruba leads others follows.
lol.

so this is the new angle now?

How many Yoruba can afford foreign education?

And who told you igbos don't send their children to school abroad?
You funny sha.

Besides, most of the people going abroad for studies did their first tertiary education in Nigeria.

They were already captured in the jamb statistics.

6 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by GMbuharii: 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

lie kill u there... it is a known fact that Yorubas are the most educated in Nigeria...

No tribe beats the Yoruba to that...

u go just dey talk false stats...

The two best black doctors in The US are Crispin Adeniyi-Jones and Bankole Johnson, the best black doctors in the UK are yorubas... the best lawyers in the country are yorubas...

The igbo man is still in alaba or araria market selling spare parts.

The best universities in Nigeria are domiciled in The South West. UI, OAU, UNILAG. the best state university is LASU..

so stop lying.. i guess u didn't read d article sef

lols,self consolation grin

university of Owo mi da?
grin

2 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Zhahovic(m): 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
...with all the combined education the yorubas and ibos have amassed over the decades...guess which ethnic tribe has ruled nigeria the most since independence?..
if u know u know
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

im advising your tribe too. go to apapa and see how dirty u guys are or go to aba nd u will cry for the Igbos..

more than half of your people are dead due to drug offences... See what happened in ozobulu recently. u girls are everywhere doing olosho. even d educated are not left out. ur boys have picked up a trade in kidnapping. u guys are cursed

I can see you are still in secondary school by ur mode of reasoning. Small boy.

1 Like

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by TundeBricklayer: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ategberoson:

sharap nonentity. I served and stay in east during my stay I tour all over. aside of Nnewi north and awka, which other place is developed in Anambra? except the scattered Area in Onitsha that's popular because of their business hub

Ebonyi is more developed than Ekiti, Ondo and Osun

2 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by kernel507: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ategberoson:

My educated friend, I challenge you to post pictures of Nnewi and Akwa places that are less developed than Osogbo and Ogbomoso.

Need I remind you that they are more mud houses in Osogbo and Ogbomoso than modern buildings. Secondly, Abeokuta and Akure, being state capital still has good number of mud houses. But my challenge is to should your people which part of Nnewi and Akwa that has mud houses.

3 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by KingKingKing: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Stay there and be deceiving yourself. Yoruba were the most educated, not anymore. I schooled in a federal school in Lagos in the mid 90s half of my class were ibos. Now in d SE all of d students in FGC schools are igbo mixed with maybe SS. In d north it's basically the same as ibos are in majority of FGC schools. In the next 30 years igbos will be everywhere both locally and internationally. U better wake up.

guy u dey lie o.. in my sec school. the highest in number were d yorubas. i served in d north in a federal school... in d whole of d school only one igbo. .

Igbos can lie sha . .

.yorubas lead everywhere in education. the first 5pointer na Yoruba..

only UI a Yoruba uni is in d world's ranking.
OAU UI Unilag are d best schools in Nigeria
Lasu is the best state school in Nigeria
Covenant is the best Private school in Nigeria..
all yoruba or residential in yoruba...

Thw best polytechnic is Yabatech.
best secondary schools are in The South West.

Ekiti state has the highest number of professors..

Ogun state has the highest number of Universities...

All the unis in d SE are 3 tier or 2 tier unis...

Hardly would you find a yoruba person who doesnt at least have SSCE..
Go to the East so many people without SSCE... all dey speak is pidgin...

Even obj in his old age had to go for his phd.. this shows u d zeal to have education in d west..

bring a Yoruba boy and an Igbo boy.. the yoruba boy eill come out tops....

We pride ourselves in education...

no difference between an easterner and northerner in terms of education
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by kernel507: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
denuga01:

How come 9 Igbos against 1 Yorubas have got all Ivy universities admission?

3 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by kernel507: 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

guy u dey lie o.. in my sec school. the highest in number were d yorubas. i served in d north in a federal school... in d whole of d school only one igbo. .

Igbos can lie sha . .

only UI a Yoruba uni is in d world's ranking.
OAU UI Unilag are d best schools in Nigeria
Lasu is the best state school in Nigeria
Covenant is the best Private school in Nigeria..
all yoruba or residential in yoruba...

Thw best polytechnic is Yabatech.
best secondary schools are in The South West.

Ekiti state has the highest number of professors..

Ogun state has the highest number of Universities...

All the unis in d SE are 3 tier or 2 tier unis...

Hardly would you find a yoruba person who doesnt at least have SSCE..
Go to the East so many people without SSCE... all dey speak is pidgin...

Even obj in his old age had to go for his phd.. this shows u d zeal to have education in d west..

bring a Yoruba boy and an Igbo boy.. the yoruba boy eill come out tops....

We pride ourselves in education...

no difference between an easterner and northerner in terms of education

I'm based in the West. Go to Ogun state suburbs, you will see people who don't understand, nor speak Pigeon English.

3 Likes

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by SheikhMuniru(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
WETIN BORNO DO YOU PEOPLE OF JAMB? WE ARE ALSO LEADING IN ...................
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Ategberoson(m): 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
kernel507:

My educated friend, I challenge you to post pictures of Nnewi and Akwa places that are less developed than Osogbo and Ogbomoso.

Need I remind you that they are more mud houses in Osogbo and Ogbomoso than modern buildings. Secondly, Abeokuta and Akure, being state capital still has good number of mud houses. But my challenge is to should your people which part of Nnewi and Akwa that has mud houses.

if you're sane enough, u should know u need to back your fallacies up with pictorial evidence before asking me baby QST

bring out those state capital with muds here and lemme bring u down to your kneel? shebi u no won get sense. Nnewi south is an example of ur rural area. stop fooling people here that all your region is developed. east is still the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria except from some state in south south
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Ategberoson(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
kernel507:

if you're sane enough, u should know u need to back your fallacies up with pictorial evidence before asking me baby QST

bring out those state capital with muds here and lemme bring u down to your kneel? shebi u no won get sense. Nnewi south is an example of ur rural area. stop fooling people here that all your region is developed. east is still the most underdeveloped region in Nigeria except from some state in south south

to even think u felt building houses that add nothing to a state economy and development is the only definition of development shows u are illiterate
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Ategberoson(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Ebonyi is more developed than Ekiti, Ondo and Osun

really Tunde bricklayer, who we even take this impersonator serious? cheesy u left your Chinedu with shame to adopt another name and u except me to believe this your thrash

this is a debate btw adult not for kids OK?
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by kernel507: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ategberoson:

to even think u felt building houses that add nothing to a state economy and development is the only definition of development shows u are illiterate

I challenge you to post a better arial image of Ogbomoso. I wouldn't want to trade words with you, I'm a man.

1 Like

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by OfficialAPCNig: 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
abdulkayus:

According to statistics shown few weeks ago here on Nairaland, South west lead in Engineering
Are you the official Spokeperson of SW?

1 Like

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by Ategberoson(m): 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
kernel507:

I challenge you to post a better arial image of Ogbomoso. I wouldn't want to trade words with you, I'm a man.

you're a man with baseless argument. is this what u called evidence? thought u want to show me the muds in akure and Oshogbo as well mumu

FYI, there are many muds at akaboukwu Nnewi north whr i served stop hyping yourself
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by KingKingKing: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
kernel507:

I'm based in the West. Go to Ogun state suburbs, you will see people who don't understand, nor speak Pigeon English.

thank God u said surbubs. on the streets of aba in the city centre there are people who can't speak English
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by kernel507: 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ategberoson:

"to even think u felt building houses that add nothing to a state economy and development is the only definition of development shows u are illiterate"...

I know you don't know that the type of houses built by individuals in a state/nation, spells out the standard of living of the people.

Nigeria can't look good like America, because the GDP isn't a per with America.
Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by TundeBricklayer: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

Igbos can lie sha . .

Take you time and read this, revolution from your region media, you are ignorant and refused to learn.
http://punchng.com/education-why-south-west-and-north-should-be-worried/

Education: Why South-West and North should be worried

Last week, the 2015 West African Senior School Certificate of Education result was released. The Punch chose to publish the story with an attention-grabbing headline: “Again, South-East leads in the WASSCE performance chart.” The report showed that Abia State dethroned Anambra. The states were ranked according to the percentage that had a minimum of five credits, including in English Language and Mathematics.
But the surprise in the report was that almost like in 2014, no South-West state except Lagos was on the top 10 of the chart. The top 10 states were the five South-East states, four South-South states and Lagos: 1st – Abia (63.94 per cent), 2nd – Anambra (61.18 per cent), 3rd – Edo, 4th – Rivers, 5th – Imo, 6th – Lagos, 7th – Bayelsa, 8th – Delta, 9th – Enugu, and 10th – Ebonyi. Ekiti was 11th; Ondo was 13th; Ogun was 19th; Oyo was 26th; while Osun was 29th. In 2014, the top 10 states were similar: Anambra (65.92 per cent), Abia (58.52 per cent), Edo (57.82 per cent), Bayelsa (52.83 per cent), Rivers (52.78 per cent), Enugu (51.91 per cent), Lagos (45.66 per cent), Imo (40.64 per cent), Delta (40.12 per cent), Kaduna (36.12 per cent). Ebonyi was 11th with 36.05 per cent.
For 2014, the states with the least performance were Northern states: They were Yobe (36th), Zamfara (35th), Jigawa (34th), Gombe (33rd), Katsina (32nd), Kebbi (31st) Bauchi (30th), and Sokoto (29th). In 2013, the result was similar: 28th – Katsina (10.45 per cent), 29th – Adamawa (8.75 per cent), 30th – Jigawa (7.47 per cent), 31st – Sokoto (7.12 per cent), 32nd – Zamfara (6.65 per cent), 33rd – Kebbi (6.30 per cent), 34th – Gombe (5.68 per cent), 35th – Bauchi (5.28 per cent), and 36th – Yobe (4.85 per cent).
Someone from the South-East or South-South could see it as a reason for chest-thumping, but for me, it portends grave danger. Why do I say so? I will explain shortly.
Those who had not been following the trend in education could dismiss this as a flash in the pan. But it is not so. I have followed the trend since the late 1980s. From 1996 when the late military dictator, Sani Abacha, created 36 states out of Nigeria, the three states that have been producing the highest number of applicants in the examination organised by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board have been Imo, Anambra and Delta.
The Guardian of August 26, 1999, page 31, had some statistics about the 1999 UTME examination. It showed that the six states with the highest number of applications were: Imo (44,274), Delta (36,375), Anambra (34,206), Ogun (33,375), Edo (29,057), and Osun (22,950). Conversely, the states that produced the least number of candidates were all Northern states: Borno (1,572), Katsina (1,054), Taraba (882), Sokoto (782), Kebbi (794), and Yobe (535). The Registrar of JAMB then, Prof. Bello Ahmad Salim, lamented the poor showing of the Northern states, noting that the 65,000 applications from the 19 states of the North were just 20,726 higher than the number of applications from only Imo State. If Imo and Delta states’ applications were combined, that would amount to 80,649 applications: over 15,000 higher than the applications from the 19 states of the North.

In 2007, The Guardian newspaper of June 1, page 3, published the results of the 2007 University Matriculation Examination. The top six states with the highest number of candidates were Imo (93,065), Anambra (64,689), Delta (61,580), Edo (57,754), Akwa Ibom (47,928), and Ogun (47,227). The last six were: Kebbi (4,682), Sokoto (3,925), Taraba (3,832), Zamfara (2,904), Jigawa (2,541), and Yobe (2,516).

For the 2012 results released by JAMB and published by Vanguard of March 31, the top five states were: Imo (123,865), Delta (88,876), Anambra (84,204), Osun (73,935), Oyo (71,272). The least five states were: Jigawa (11,529), Kebbi (7,364), Yobe (6,389), Zamfara (5,713), and Sokoto (5,664).

In the Unity School admission of 2013, the states that got the highest cut-off marks were: Anambra – Male (139) Female (139); Imo – Male (138) Female (138); Enugu – Male (134) Female (134); Lagos – Male (133) Female (133); Delta – Male (131) Female (131); Ogun – Male(131) Female(131); Abia – Male (130) Female (130). The states that got the lowest cut-off scores were: Zamfara – Male (four) Female (two); Yobe – Male (two) Female (27); Taraba – Male (three) Female (11); Sokoto – Male (nine) Female (13); Kebbi – Male (nine) Female (20); Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35).

So, for those from the South-West and North who may give the excuse of the South-East and South-South states getting these results by the help of “special centres,” it is a case of trying to hide behind a finger. Instructively, the South-West, which was the first to receive Western education, and was ahead in education, has lost its place in education in Nigeria. Something is killing the interest of the South-West children in education. The six South-West states need to see this as an emergency that transcends party affiliation. This scenario is a source of danger because the South-East and South-West have been counter forces to each other. Whatever feat the South-West produces, the South-East counters it, and vice versa. We can see it in the literary feats of Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka, the football feats of Shooting Stars and Rangers, the political feats of Nnamdi Azikiwe and Obafemi Awolowo, the academic feats of University of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of Ife, Ile-Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), and so on. This healthy rivalry enhances stability, peace and growth in the nation.
But if this downward trend continues, in future, that balancing of forces between the South-West and the South-East will no longer exist. And given that the indigenes of the South-East and the South-South dwell in large numbers in the South-West, a time will come when the South-West could feel angry that the indigenes of the South-East and South-South are taking over positions that the South-West indigenes should occupy in the South-West. This may cause problems as witnessed in the xenophobic attacks in South Africa last year. So, it is in the interest of all that the South-West stage a come-back in education.
The case of the North is scarier. Many commentators keep quiet about this worrisome issue because of political correctness, but only someone who loves you can tell you that you have mouth odour. It is dangerous that there are 10 million youths in the North with no formal education.

Re: States Leading In Law Admissions - JAMB Report Reveals by kernel507: 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
KingKingKing:

thank God u said surbubs. on the streets of aba in the city centre there are people who can't speak English

Sure! But will definitely understands English, and speaks Pigeon English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund / Lists of Expensive Secondary Schools In Lagos State / Pained Nigerians On Twitter Demand That Schools Owned By Churches Must Be Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.