Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,271 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops (27821 Views)

Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving / Edo Mass Transit: 75 New Buses, Ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by sparko1(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2018
LaudableXX:

All these speeches by Lagos state govt concerning these new buses, is all talk, and plenty hype. angry The red BRT LAGBUS buses were also sparkling new at one time, before they became the ugly, scrappy, worn out, badly maintained vehicles, we currently see on our roads. sad The condition of the blue BRT buses is just marginally better, than those of its red counterparts.

I have always said one thing: our greatest drawback has always been in the area of maintenance. angry Our people, state and local govts have a very poor maintenance culture. And those charged with the operation and maintenance of these buses, never learn from the failures of previous bus schemes that had fallen apart, before their arrival. Anyway, I wish all commuters a happy ride on these new set of buses, before they fall into a state of disrepair. I give these new buses, another 18 months before they turn into rickety, worn-out metal contraptions like their predecessors. undecided

What were you expecting, the buses should remain the same, they shouldn't get old? Some of those buses are from Fashola's first term, over 8 years! If things get old, new ones come, it's not a train!

5 Likes

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Sirpaul(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2018
maintenance na koko
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by joey150(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2018
skarlett:
Ambode the bus stop and bus governor should look into other areas of transportation biko. With the population density in Lagos, underground trains as alternative means of transportation would be better because it would reduce the stress of traffic. He should stop buying buses and adding to the road congestion and instead provide other means of transport.

Underground trains grin grin grin

Why not just advocate for space shuttle?

3 Likes

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 19, 2018
joey150:

Underground trains grin grin grin

Why not just advocate for space shuttle?

With the right planning in conjunction with China, all things are possible
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by ipobarecriminals: 9:27am On Jun 19, 2018
SalamRushdie:

How ?
tell us what u expect Danfo drivers to do?Most of these pipu send their children to private sch/boarding house.Pay landlords, will eat.We all knw d usual excuses dey give when they are caught in crime

2 Likes

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:27am On Jun 19, 2018
Eko sure!
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by luizkyworld(m): 9:30am On Jun 19, 2018
Same news greeted Elrufai busses in Abuja, some years back. Today de busses are a shadow of themselves. Our problem remains poor maintainance culture. May God help us!

1 Like

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by vizkiz: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2018
skarlett:

With the right planning in conjunction with China, all things are possible

You need to know that it takes uninterrupted electricity to Run an smooth Underground train station.

2 Likes

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by fyneguy: 9:32am On Jun 19, 2018
LaudableXX:

All these speeches by Lagos state govt concerning these new buses, is all talk, and plenty hype. angry The red BRT LAGBUS buses were also sparkling new at one time, before they became the ugly, scrappy, worn out, badly maintained vehicles, we currently see on our roads. sad The condition of the blue BRT buses is just marginally better, than those of its red counterparts.

I have always said one thing: our greatest drawback has always been in the area of maintenance. angry Our people, state and local govts have a very poor maintenance culture. And those charged with the operation and maintenance of these buses, never learn from the failures of previous bus schemes that had fallen apart, before their arrival. Anyway, I wish all commuters a happy ride on these new set of buses, before they fall into a state of disrepair. I give these new buses, another 18 months before they turn into rickety, worn-out metal contraptions like their predecessors. undecided

You are a liar.

There is nothing wrong with the blue buses. The red buses are the badly managed ones which I understand will soon be phased out

1 Like

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2018
vizkiz:

You need to know that it takes uninterrupted electricity to Run an smooth Underground train station.

Well, that's what the planning is for isn't it? The governor should stop using band aids for gaping sores. It's obvious buying buses upandan is not really helping with the traffic congestion, if he really wants to be remembered for something, then underground stations are not impossible. Its not to be buying buses that in the next five years the next government will buy another set and on and on ad nauseam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Walexybobo(m): 9:40am On Jun 19, 2018
Pls, is their anybody that specialize on terrazo making that resides in lagos here?
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Afamed: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2018
LaudableXX:

It's important you do your findings before coming on line . The BRT buses are never the red buses but the Blue buses with 24hr AC , Tv and free wifi. Don't just comment because of your hatred and ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by vizkiz: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2018
skarlett:

Well, that's what the planning is for isn't it? The governor should stop using band aids for gaping sores. It's obvious buying buses upandan is not really helping with the traffic congestion, if he really wants to be remembered for something, then underground stations are not impossible. Its not to be buying buses that in the next five years the next government will buy another set and on and on ad nauseam

I totally understand your view but still insist it is impossible to run in this part of the world where some people are devoted to frustrate the country's electrical department.
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by switchesNLogics: 9:44am On Jun 19, 2018
fyneguy:

You are a liar.

There is nothing wrong with the blue buses. The red buses are the badly managed ones which I understand will soon be phased out
[quote author=fyneguy post=68620114]

Your response is not different from his. He stated categorically that the problem was poor maintenance which you also agreed to by stating that the red buses were poorly maintained. If that is your submission,then there is no need to call him a liar.

3 Likes

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by tragergeorge(m): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2018
grayht:
The buses are low... close to the ground
and so?
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 19, 2018
vizkiz:

I totally understand your view but still insist it is impossible to run in this part of the world where some people are devoted to frustrate the country's electrical department.

Ikr, its just a suggestion, Nigeria still has a long way to go in any case
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by tragergeorge(m): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2018
My fear na the way all dose danfo driver, conductors ,tickect people go take turn armed robbers oo

1 Like

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by SawOnPedia: 9:57am On Jun 19, 2018
LaudableXX:

Also, an arrangement is also being firmed up as part of the short-term plan for the buses to be assembled in Lagos, which would, in turn, create jobs for the people, and as well serve to properly maintain the buses.

if only yall really read these posts

3 Likes

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Anacondaprick: 9:58am On Jun 19, 2018
So wetin go come happen to danfo buses

1 Like

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by vizkiz: 10:05am On Jun 19, 2018
skarlett:

Ikr, its just a suggestion, Nigeria still has a long way to go in any case

long walk to freedom

1 Like

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Shaev7(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2018
All Lagos state governors are tribalistic! They only concentrate on locations that suits them, others doesn't concerns them. Now this is not only applicable to only Lagos but the entire 36 states, including the federal level. Its a shame if one community or LGA benefits more than the other, and this will lead to slow growth and development of a nation. The western world carries 95% of its people along in whatever development they engage in. No place is left behind. I remember I watched Japans president speak when they had that worse earthquake, he said together they will rebuild Japan, and no place will be left, look at them today. Nigeria leaders are just fooling themselves and some citizens that let themselves too be fooled. You own a house, your compound is very neat and attractive, but inside is dirty and not habitable, who do you deceive. Let's think and be wise. Most you in Lagos that stay outside Island, what are your daily experience with transportation? Do you think these buses will work in your locations? So why the hype? Do you have roads, lights, good hospitals in your environment?

1 Like

Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2018
Is this the best possible solution? I would rather they do something about the roads network.
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 19, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Welcome to Lagos... A country in Nigeria

See more of the buses and their routes here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/06/brt-new-buses-are-coming-in-batches-to.html
Am not in anyway thrilled about this news.Who are the new owners of these buses.Are the elites,politicians, so rich individuals snatching the sources of income of the middle and low class?Are the buses govt owned or public-private partnership. What will happen to owners of yellow buses and where will they ply to make ends meet.Or are they just been pushed out of business?Governor Akinwunmi Ambode needs to be transparent about the new Lagos transport system and its new owners
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Charly68: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2018
grayht:
The buses are low... close to the ground
What is the meaning of this comment now? Buy the ones that are high up the ground for Lagos ,they will thank you ..
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by patani(m): 10:32am On Jun 19, 2018
The buses will change color when Baba Saidi start driving them
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2018
Is the government planning to sell these buses out to private owners?Governor Ambode should be clear in his speech.The danfo owners/drivers have responsibilities too and they need to understand the new policies so as to plan ahead
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by deeone10: 10:38am On Jun 19, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
crime/ Robbery looming in Lagos.I see chaos in dis Ambode mega city.Tenants shud brace up,e nor go funny
what are u saying?
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by ipobarecriminals: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2018
deeone10:
what are u saying?
only full grown Adult will understand beta not kids
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by ipobarecriminals: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2018
deeone10:
what are u saying?
deeone10:
what are u saying?
Re: BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops by ipobarecriminals: 10:42am On Jun 19, 2018
deeone10:
what are u saying?
only Adult will understand beta not kids

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Thief Falls Inside Tanker, Dies / Did Mungo Park Actually 'Discover' The River Niger? / The Uk Is A Trap. Don't Come Here To Study:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.