Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,252 members, 7,864,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa (4747 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Super Eagles Miss Flight To South-Africa / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by martinosi: 11:31am On Jun 05, 2010
santony2k:

But sorry oh fellow Nairalanders,
   what is the difference between a delegates visa and a regular tourist visa? The rationale behind the denial is biased though because if they were denied a delegates visa are they also ineligible for a regular visa to visit South Africa? I don't think there is anything special in SA for these guys because Nigeria is where the money's at.
   This is just pure f*ckery on the part of SA embassy wanting to show levels. All the FA Chairmen will be in SA come worldcup one way or the other.

P.S. Does delegate visa come with free ticket or do we still have to pay for them, thats what we should be worried about? Box seat at the world cup for >36 ppl unnecessarily.

My 2 cents

Yeah  i am with you on this one, they are just going  watch the Football as it being staged in africa, and
trully nigeria is where the money is, but them South African Embsassy Officials in Abuja are walking
a thin rope , not good, i would have expected this of non-african state, not a country like south africa,
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by martinosi: 11:34am On Jun 05, 2010
tayo_ast:

^^its not funny 

I aiight being funny, it would be funny if it was not soo stupid of them to do such a thing,
South Africans are always trying to prove they are better than nigerians but we
all know that bullsh**t, and i mean black south africans, it sad but they should justs
admit fault and stamp the 200 passport.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by tayoast(m): 11:39am On Jun 05, 2010
^^u actually want ALL OF THEM in SA??
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by sley4life(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2010
Crooks in the football house
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by medjai(m): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2010
200 people, 14 committees. They should all be jailed
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by xcapade: 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2010
naijaking1:

There is a cap. That cap is called common sense.
This is not like the Olympics where some countries participate in almost every event and subsequently arrive with large number of delegates/participants, this is simply soccer.
With 22-member team, a few officials, etc, why on this green planet would a country send 202 officials to "officiate" 22 players
Only if we're talking about Nigeria angry
Your point about what SA could or could not do with this overflowing bus-load of corrupt Nigerian officials missed the marked, because the issue is not about whether SA care about us or not. It should be about whether we care for ourselves, begininng right from home. Nothing personal.

I like that answer
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by MUNEER2(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2010
medjai:

200 people, 14 committees. They should all be jailed
grin grin grin grin grin

They all want to play against messi, ist it not worth it. . . ? wink
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by xcapade: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ranoscky:

Nna mehn, i read 12large post, i think say na only him no code y so called 200 officials r going to S.A, i no know say

some peeps sef no ja si. make una dey use una head abeg, naija officials dia no go pass 100 sef, and na if at-all

dem go reach 100, other's na ordinary naija guys wey settle NFF officials to cut-out from dia na, y r we so dull

brained to code wit dis simple wayo wey officials wan do? abi no b naija we dey again? . . .omo ehn, i weak o.

daz y we stil dey complain for d ojoro wey emptyN dey do us, and we know dia way, but stil we dey fall mugu!

Guy, u beat me to it.

Jawon si !!!

cant pple just understand this simple logic?

NO BE TODAY NA (commonwealth, Olympics etc)

OFFICIALS KO, ACCESSORIES NI
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by medjai(m): 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2010
One of the committee members, Princess Bola Jegede in the catering committee is supposed to be busy with the U-23 Falcons that will be playing in Germany after the world cup and she's busy trying to go to SA to cook for the Super eagles.
These people deserve death by firing squad
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by PurestBoy(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2010
medjai:

One of the committee members, Princess Bola Jegede in the catering committee is supposed to be busy with the U-23 Falcons that will be playing in Germany after the world cup and she's busy trying to go to SA to cook for the Super eagles.
[size=32pt]These people deserve death by firing squad[/size]

Don't u think they deserve more than that, criminals
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by ADint(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
naijaking1:

There is a cap. That cap is called common sense.
This is not like the Olympics where some countries participate in almost every event and subsequently arrive with large number of delegates/participants, this is simply soccer.
With 22-member team, a few officials, etc, why on this green planet would a country send 202 officials to "officiate" 22 players
Only if we're talking about Nigeria angry
Your point about what SA could or could not do with this overflowing bus-load of corrupt Nigerian officials missed the marked, because the issue is not about whether SA care about us or not. It should be about whether we care for ourselves, begininng right from home. Nothing personal.

This has got nothing to do with common sense from the SA Embassy's perspective. From the Nigerian side yes, common sense dictates that the Govt. should not be sponsoring such a large contingent taking into account the cost implication. But that is not the issue the SA Embassy seem to be bothering about here.

Are tickets for the Nigerian matches sold out or likely to be sold out? Probably not - we would see a lot of empty seats during Nigeria's matches.

If the Brazilian or Argentinian FF decide to go with an equally large contingent would the SA Embassy refuse them visas simply because of the sheer number or cost implication?

You still have not answered the question: If those NFF officials that were refused amongst the 200, decide to sponsor themselves, would the SA embassy now turn around and issue them with visas?

I am definitely against Nigeria going with such a large Govt. sponsored contingent (a large Nigerian contingent would be welcome though), but what exactly is the rational of the SA Embassy except for their historic conceited prejudices against Nigeria? If you are not aware Nigeria and SA have been having a long running battle over issuance of visas including business visa which was loopsided in favour of SA business men/women against their Nigerian counterparts, and it took threats from the highest levels of similar retaliation from Nigeria for them to decide to harmonise some of the requirements.

Naijaking1, still, your rudeness and disrespectful language in your earlier post was uncalled for.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2010
Oh my God, this is all very embarrasing 4 Nigeria. Look wat we`ve been reduced to- haggling over tickets to the 1st world cup on our own African soil. Its a shame.
As for SA, wat`s with the hating? They should even be grateful for brotherly support after their gory history of xenophobia and rape!
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by honeric01(m): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2010
medjai:

One of the committee members, Princess Bola Jegede in the catering committee is supposed to be busy with the U-23 Falcons that will be playing in Germany after

imagine, so all the chairmen want to head to south africa? can you imagine all these fools?

it's like all the 36 governors of Nigeria heading to libya to attend a month's symposium, does that make sense? who do they expect to run the show for their various states while they are gone? imagine princess jegede too, doing the same? are these people possessed or what?

ok ok ok, if they want to go, they should their own money and not the country's money, maybe they are even the ones that hid the $230,000 that got stolen some few months ago just for this trip.

oleeeeees angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by konami001: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2010
So una still dey surprise for wetin dey happen for naija, where una dey since,
THIS IS THE NEW NAIJA O O O , pls expect everything always,
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by kobikwelu(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
This has got nothing to do with common sense from the SA Embassy's perspective. From the Nigerian side yes, common sense dictates that the Govt. should not be sponsoring such a large contingent taking into account the cost implication. But that is not the issue the SA Embassy seem to be bothering about here.

Are tickets for the Nigerian matches sold out or likely to be sold out? Probably not - we would see a lot of empty seats during Nigeria's matches.

If the Brazilian or Argentinian FF decide to go with an equally large contingent would the SA Embassy refuse them visas simply because of the sheer number or cost implication?

You still have not answered the question: If those NFF officials that were refused amongst the 200, decide to sponsor themselves, would the SA embassy now turn around and issue them with visas?

I am definitely against Nigeria going with such a large Govt. sponsored contingent (a large Nigerian contingent would be welcome though), but what exactly is the rational of the SA Embassy except for their historic conceited prejudices against Nigeria? If you are not aware Nigeria and SA have been having a long running battle over issuance of visas including business visa which was loopsided in favour of SA business men/women against their Nigerian counterparts, and it took threats from the highest levels of similar retaliation from Nigeria for them to decide to harmonise some of the requirements.

Naijaking1, still, your rudeness and disrespectful language in your earlier post was uncalled for.

adint,  

you just don't get it. as Ur posts rightly pointed out, if the Brazilian or the US contingents apply for up to the 200 mark, the SA will definitely approve every one of them (and even plead for more)

do u know y? because the US AND THE BRAZZILIAN PEEPS WILL SEND REAL DELEGATES !!!

na by force!!!!!!!

if e vex una, GO AND HOST YOUR OWN WORLD CUP,

meanyl , you know what it means to be a nigerian in SA, some bad eggs have put us in bad light that even at the mention of your nationality, every one concludes that you are either a drug seller, a robber or a yahoo yahoo,

the same SA authorities also know that most of the names on that list, have absolutely nothing to do with football administration, they are mostly illegal peeps trying to get into SA and WILL NEVER RETURN (prolly till they get married to a  SA woman and have gotten their papers) meanyl, they will be living illegally (and doing illegal stuff),

lets be honest with ourselves, we can lie to outsiders, but amongst ourselves we know the truth.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Meddler(f): 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2010
A poster mentioned if Brazil or Argentina decided to apply for visa for 200 delegates that the SA embassy would not question them. Maybe or maybe not don't know for sure. But one thing u shud remember is that our reputation precedes us. So yeah in a way I don't blame SA for denying the visa even if there was no actual reason for it.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Ranoscky(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
@Adint, u'r stil not gettin it ryte, u'r gettin it all wrong. u no dey even try for the matter at aaaaaaall.

even if more than that number decide to go on their own, they stil will not be issued visa b'cos they'r not going their for the W.C, not all of them are officials, u no fit understand dis simple logic? shocked shocked shocked. . .abi any woman dey beside u wey dey massage u wey make u dey yarn portor-portor? shocked. . . . reason with the ryte side of ur brain abeg, it's very very important. u know how many pipu cut-out for olympic in the name of NFF officials? shocked shocked shocked
u know how many pipu cut-out during korea-japan 2002 in the name of NFF official? shocked . . wake up man, quit dreaming.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by domorehill: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2010
I am a Nigeria based in England, i am so shocked and to be honest impressed wth the South Africa Embassy for refusing the over 200 so call staff of the NFF the required visa for the world cup, let look at the issue why will any serious football association or federation have over 200 staff, the German,English,Argentina or even Brazil dont have up to 70 full time staff working in their various football association, The South Africa embassy was able to see through the sham of the NFF and know they have included family, touts and all kind of people for visa  application, they may even have collected money from desperate seeking Nigeria and forge document that they are working in with the NFF.
Who wants to go and watch the world cup in South Africa should go and buy the tickets online and apply for visa with the required document like employement letter,leave letter,bank statement and pay slip or better join the Nigeria supporters club, no serious football association the world over has more them 70 full time working staff at any given time. ( South Africa embassy if you are reading this just approve only the top staff and blacklist the other so called ghost staff of the NFF).
 Any state FA or Local football club in Nigeria should be able to sponsor their local state FA or football directors to the world cup in Sout Africa and they dont have to go through the NFF.
 We dont want any olofofo to go and start disturbing the players in South Africa and asking them for money.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by medjai(m): 4:09pm On Jun 05, 2010
@honeric01
the SA embassy should publish the names of the visa applicants so we'll know the ghost delegates
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by ADint(m): 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2010
@ Ranoscky

There are 36 state federations, 6 staff from each office would easily make up 200 delegates.

Why this old tired 'when they get there they would run away mentality'?  I will repeat I am not for the Govt. sponsoring this number of delegates -- but this mentality of accepting that the SA Embassy can do as they wish since it is Nigeria is the issue.

They know us very well and know how most Nigerians would choose to perceive this - but the truth is they see Nigeria as a big threat, be it business men, delegates, supporters or what have you.

Geniune business men/women are being refused visas as well because they don't want them to partake in the SA economy but would gladly come down here to do business. Main One Cable is a good example, they have been denied a telecoms licence in SA due to some draconian laws they put in place for this purpose, but their own MTN has a free rein here! Main One has put a petition in with the NCC and this is still ongoing.

Now I don't know why a lot of  Nigerians cannot make their point and leave it at that. It is a never ending war zone: be it in Nigeria, abroad or online like a lot of people are fond of doing here - this is the real problem with Nigeria - Nigerians taking offense with their fellow Nigerians because they have a different opinion, but become exclusively deaf and dumb if it happens to be a foreigner.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by otokx(m): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2010
Those animals do not need any VISA to go into the forest; they should simply jump into the sea from the bar beach and start swimming to cape town.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Rastamann: 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
Inasmuch as I support the SA embassy's action, what is their business if the NFF and their cohots are going for jamboree. No bi our moni dem wan spend for SA, so wetin be thier stress? Mi no surprise, this has always been the case with our Nigerian leaders. Imagine taking about 200 delegates to SA, out of this no coaches, and no supporters club members. This is a big disgrace and the federal government should look into this.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2010
Serves em right! angry angry
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by kobikwelu(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2010

Inasmuch as I support the SA embassy's action, what is their business if the NFF and their cohots are going for jamboree. No bi our moni dem wan spend for SA, so wetin be thier stress? Mi no surprise, this has always been the case with our Nigerian leaders. Imagine taking about 200 delegates to SA, out of this no coaches, and no supporters club members. This is a big disgrace and the federal government should look into this.

rastaman

dont tell me u dont see beyond ur nose,

its not about us spending money,

they just want to make sure that most of the people going over there as delegates, are REAL DELEGATES!!!!!

the remaining people should apply for tourist visa with the necessary documentation, (which most will still be turned down because of their motive)
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by wazobiang: 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2010
dem freeloaders don fill up d 2010 trailer to SA. dem SA officials be like "shuo, no be brazil, england, italy, ghana etc etc use small car enter jus now?"
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by blaksril(m): 11:06pm On Jun 05, 2010
This is post is BS news cos a World Cup ticket amounts to a visa and entitles its holder to stay South Africa for 24 hrs after the game. undecided South Africa Embassy isnt giving visa for the World Cup just get a ticket from any ticketing agency.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by lynx7: 1:46am On Jun 06, 2010
pls how do i get visa to SA,am not one of the delegates o,just a random naija citizen and i wanna go watch, hope i wont b denied,info pls, fanx*
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by lynx7: 1:50am On Jun 06, 2010
blacksril,pls do u have an idea how much d ticket costs? thnx
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by blaksril(m): 3:22am On Jun 06, 2010
@lynx7 the Group stages ranges between $300 for category 1 and $150 for category 4 but cud be higher if two popular teams r playing like portugal and brasil which goes for $575. Q.finals btw $600 nd $250,S.finals $1,200 nd $700, Finals $2500 nd $950. hope dis helps.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by chelseabmw(m): 3:38am On Jun 06, 2010
lol.opportunity to enter SA.maybe they r going with their family members
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by TruMantra(m): 5:28am On Jun 06, 2010
It's becoming more obvious that the problem with Nigeria is not just our leaders. The NFF submits 200 names to the SA embassy and some on this forum make statements like "no be our money we dey spend?". We, the average Nigerians are a large part of the problem as well. Do we think that the SA government disdains entry into their country the same way that Nigeria does? 36 state chairmen all want to go with the NFF as delegates and some on this forum dont see anything wrong with that. Freedom of expression is great but sometimes I wish individuals would think before posting here and exposing their ignorance.
Re: Nigerian Officials Denied Visas To South Africa by Ranoscky(m): 8:17am On Jun 06, 2010
@Adint

sometymes i wonder y u just can't understand a very simple logic y NFF is going with 200 hundred officials, and after all xplanation, u still insist that they all are nigerian officials. now for the last tyme, get this into your head, not all of those peeps are NFF officials, some of them collected money from some desprate nigerians that wants to travel out of the country, and included their names in that list all in the name of nigerian officials. I have lot's of friends that have traveled through that logic, and more are still gonna travel with this same logic in more events to come. and mind u, S.A embassy is refusing them the visa not b'cos the xpensis is extravagant, unlyke u stated, buh they (S.A embassy) are refusing them (nigerian officials) b'cos the number of the officials coming to officiate 23 players is too much, that is the problem. it's true that they did not have a specific number of delegations coming buh i think "common sence" is what we ought to apply when it come's to such situation. even the best football country's are not even coming with half of what the nigerian officials numbered, and even if the other countries decide to go with such number of officials, i think they'll be issued the visa b'cos, they'r truely going there for the competition and after the tournament, they'll go back to their various countries, buh u ursef know's that if the so called 200 nigerian officils goes to S.A, how many of them do u think will return back to nigeria?  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leicester's Iheanacho Set To Wed Second Wife, Four Baby Mamas Emerge / Which Has Largest Fan Base?man Utd.,arsenal,chelsea And Liverpool: / Best Sports Prediction Channel On Telegram ;daily Free Winning Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.