Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,902 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members (19851 Views)

What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun / Mass Defection Looms In APC As 5 Governors, 28 Senators Join Forces With Npdp / nPDP Members Set To Pull Out Of APC Over Failed Congresses, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by agwom(m): 7:45am On Jun 19, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari said he is not ready to meet members of the Peoples Democratic Party (nPDP) bloc within the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The president made his position known at a meeting with APC governors in the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja last week, Daily Trust learnt last night.

Members of the nPDP, who defected from the People’s Democratic Party before the 2015 general elections, had recently protested, among other things, what they called their marginalisation in the ruling APC.

Sources at last week’s meeting revealed that President Buhari insisted that the nPDP members’ grievances were for the party to settle and that he would not interfere.

The president was however said to have told the governors that the fence-mending move initiated by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo should continue.

One of the sources at the meeting said while some of the governors urged Buhari to ignore the nPDP members, others canvassed that Osinbajo should continue to discuss with them.

The president, the sources added, also asked the governors, as party leaders in their own right, to handle the issues and that if need be, the leadership of the party could wade in.

Buhari was quoted as telling the governors: “It is a party matter. I am not ready to sit down with any faction. If they have problems, they should go to the party.

“I will not interfere. Governors as party leaders in the states should deal with all issues. Where there is need, the party leadership can come in. I will not get involved.”

The nPDP members, led by Kawu Baraje, had on May 29 met behind closed doors with Osinbajo at the latter’s official residence, Akinola Aguda House, in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

After that meeting, Baraje had told journalists that it was too early for his group to talk about leaving the APC.

Those present at the meeting included Senate President Bukola Saraki; Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara; Leader of the nPDP Baraje; Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso; former Governor of Adamawa State Murtala Nyako; a former leader of the PDP, Senator Barnabas Gemade; and former Governor of Gombe State Senator Danjuma Goje, among others.

But a fortnight ago, the nPDP had halted further talks with the Presidency which, they alleged, was not interested in the talks and might have been negotiating in bad faith.

The group alleged, among other things, that Senate President Bukola Saraki was being persecuted.

The nPDP also faulted by the decision of the APC leadership to ratify all the congresses from wards, local governments, states and zones where many of its members had complaints.

The group, in a statement by Baraje, had said the prevailing political environment in Nigeria was “fouled and toxic”.

The statement had partly read: “The public may recall that there have been ongoing talks between members of the former nPDP, the APC and the Presidency in recent days.

“Nigerians may further recall that a team from the former nPDP led by Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara and four others, were to meet with the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo today.

“However, while we are truly and earnestly committed to achieving reconciliation, harmony, truce and cohesion in the APC as we approach the 2019 general elections, it appears that the Presidency is not interested in the talks and that they may have been negotiating in bad faith.

“We were alarmed that immediately after our meeting with the Vice President last week, the Presidency misrepresented what transpired at the meeting by trying to blackmail some of the principal actors involved in the discussions in a national daily.

“Similarly, the leadership of the party (APC) went ahead to ratify all the Congresses from ward, local governments, states and zonal where many of our members have complaints, effectively presenting us with a fait accompli.”

In the statement, the nPDP had also picked holes in implication of the Senate President and Kwara State Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed in the April bank robbery in Offa.

“The persecution of our members, using state security apparatus, have continued unabated.

“We recognise the powers of the police to conduct criminal investigations but by rushing to the public with the issue even when they have unfettered access to the leadership of the National Assembly suggests an attempt to undermine, caricature and humiliate the institution of the legislature.”

Sources had earlier informed Daily Trust that the nPDP members may collectively dump the APC on June 23 - the day of its national convention - to make a big impact. The nPDP leader Baraje however said the group had not issued any official statement concerning that (quitting the APC).

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-i-m-not-ready-to-meet-npdp-members-256964.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Ahmed0336(m): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2018
Just like El Rufai said " we don't need them to be re elected" deep down they know they won't leave APC esp those from North.
If you know you know

PMB 2015-2023

Argue with your ancestors grin

62 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:57am On Jun 19, 2018
They have being used and dumped. What goes around,comes around.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by ikaboy: 8:00am On Jun 19, 2018
when u know ur political worth.

SAI BABA!!!

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by tunjiajayi: 8:02am On Jun 19, 2018
Beautiful.

There's a Yoruba proverb that's says -

mi O le pe Malu Ni brother nitori Mo fe je Eran!

This translates to " I would not call a cow my brother because I want to eat meat.

One's integrity and confidence shouldn't be compromised by desperation.

Another quality of a true leader.

Sai Baba.

42 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by tuniski: 8:49am On Jun 19, 2018
Ahmed0336:
Just like El Rufai said " we don't need them to be re elected" deep down they know they won't leave APC esp those from North.
If you know you know

PMB 2015-2023

Argue with your ancestors grin

Convention day around the corner! If you truly know you know!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by magoo10(m): 8:52am On Jun 19, 2018
APC is fraud
3 years down they still have a large group of members still known as new PDP and they expect Nigerians to take them serious.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Mogidi: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2018
Trying to sound tough.
Not ready to meet them but sent baba kekere to meet them on his behalf.
Did Osibanjo not have a meeting with the same group two weeks ago?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by dodelight(m): 9:07am On Jun 19, 2018
Their convention is at hand;
Their doomsday loading...
Not because nPDP threaten to quit, but because it's a house built on lies and pretences.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2018
We've been on these Guy's drama for almost a year now. They should defect if they want to or remain where they are...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by aolawale025: 9:45am On Jun 19, 2018
Its a free fall for APC onwards

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by MrPolitics: 9:48am On Jun 19, 2018
Hmmnnn. Baba may be getting a little confident.
This is the same way Jonathan was doing until they left PDP and assisted to kick him out.
Many of those people have electoral value

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by zombieHUNTER: 10:09am On Jun 19, 2018
tunjiajayi:
Beautiful.

This translates to " I would not call a cow my brother because I want to eat meet.

Sai Baba.

My Yoruba Muslim friend chanting sai barber

grin grin grin
I have many things to say
But this is just so funny
Kudos my Yoruba Muslim friend
The caliphate is happy with you

Insha Allah... Your reward is in AL janat
Insha Allah grin cheesy

Modified : I must confess
I know why some people call cows their masters is because they want to eat meat grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Paperwhite(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2018
But APC was desperate for anything PDP to defect to them in 2014 saying "Politics is a game of numbers" not even minding the calibre of people in the "numbers". undecided undecided undecided
The nPDP is just a group of power hungry but highly insatiable people that have since triggered their own self auto-destruct button politically.
Meanwhile karma is dealing with them seriously.No peace for them then in the PDP,now in APC & APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Daniel058(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2018
He already knew he's never going to be able to convince them..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by maxiuc(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2018
grin
zombieHUNTER:

My Yoruba Muslim friend chanting sai barber

grin grin grin
I have many things to say
But this is just so funny
Kudos my Yoruba Muslim friend
The caliphate is happy with you

Insha Allah... Your reward is in AL janat
Insha Allah grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by ORIENTATION101: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2018
MrPolitics:
Hmmnnn. Baba may be getting a little confident.
This is the same way Jonathan was doing until they left PDP and assisted to kick him out.
Many of those people have electoral value
the truth is out of the npdp caucus.
only saraki ,kwankaso ,have electoral value and it is only in their state the remaining re useless they rode on sai baba change mantra.
Buhari has been winning election in northern Nigeria before majority of npdp join became popular politicians .
apc engine room is CPC AND ACN.this marriage is still intact.
npdp knows their defection will signaled the end of their political career.
apc has already shop for their replacement in their respective states.so they won't be missed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Maket: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2018
Is too late for npdp to go any where. They want fattest part of the meat in APC. Presently they are even divided.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by HAH: 10:15am On Jun 19, 2018
Na body go tell you insha Allah

Buhari has always won the NE and NW, so what changed in 2015, SW and NC voted him, now the question is will SW and NC vote him again ? As it is a large chunk of supporters even in the north have left him due to disappointment, I can bet he will lose the NC especially with saraki, fatai, ortom and large igala, tiv and idoma voter going against him

Whether Buhari likes it or not the nPDP is the largest bloc that contributed to his election in 2015, their exit will sure have a devastating effect on him, discount them at your own peril Mr buhari.

Even in kano should kwankwaso be PDP candidate be rest assured buharis votes will seriously reduce if not defeated , just come to kano and see how people are complaining about how wicked the present government is

In politics even a vote is important talk less of giants like the nPDP this tell you how deluded and dictatorial Buhari is

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Lomprico2: 10:16am On Jun 19, 2018
Who cares! undecided
Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by emmyt2: 10:16am On Jun 19, 2018
Is true that APC needs them, but if they insists on going their way so be it. Baba will still win without them .
Beside where do they think they are going.....lolzzzzzz

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by sureheaven(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2018
They think u are like Jonathan whom they can do anyhow with.

Why see u again when they’re already having talk with Osinbajo.
They’re jobless and have no where to go again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by freemanbubble: 10:21am On Jun 19, 2018
isoright
Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by HisSexcellency(m): 10:21am On Jun 19, 2018
I can't wait for this Apc national convention to come.
Who knows maybe "da dogs and baboons will be soaked with blood" at the venue grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Charly68: 10:22am On Jun 19, 2018
Journalists are the ones causing major division and misunderstanding in our nation's politics ,the man said the party should handle the matter ,it is their affairs and he is very right in that regards ..I was even surprise with his wisdom in taken such a stand ..but see how reporters captioned the theme as if he is less bothered . .na wa for you people oo!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by Mogidi: 10:23am On Jun 19, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
We've been on these Guy's drama for almost a year now. They should defect if they want to or remain where they are...
Bros let them stay there for now. Let APC Implode from within.
Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by AreaFada2: 10:25am On Jun 19, 2018
tunjiajayi:
Beautiful.

This translates to " I would not call a cow my brother because I want to eat meet.

Sai Baba.

Same quality that makes him incapable of reconciliation, dialogue or get true loyalty from those closest to him. Even from military underlings that by default are easier to manage due to military hierarchy. Brigadier J N. Dongoyaro's coup speech of 1985 still rings in my ear like yesterday.
Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by CsRockefeller(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
the truth is out of the npdp caucus.
only saraki ,kwankaso ,have electoral value and it is only in their state the remaining re useless they rode on sai baba change mantra.
Buhari has been winning election in northern Nigeria before majority of npdp join became popular politicians .
apc engine room is CPC AND ACN.this marriage is still intact.
npdp knows their defection will signaled the end of their political career.
apc has already shop for their replacement in their respective states.so they won't be missed

you are sound/smart/spot on/analytical,thumbs up.
Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by tunjiajayi: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2018
AreaFada2:

Same quality that makes him incapable of reconciliation, dialogue or get true loyalty from those closest to him. Even from military underlings that by default are easier to manage due to military hierarchy. Brigadier J N. Dongoyaro's coup speech of 1985 still rings in my ear like yesterday.

People curse their lot with having so many faces.
The master wears one!
Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by IsioStar1: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2018
If I may ask is the nPDP the only group that merged to form the APC? Why is it that, that name keep popping up. We have others like CPC, APGA, ACN and ANPP but never heard them complain of marginalization and persecution. That is just to show you the level of desperation and greed in that party PDP. They should understand that, the name ceases to exist after the merger QED.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm Not Ready To Meet nPDP Members by 2016v2017: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
They have being used and dumped. What goes around,come around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku, Okorocha, Oyegun And Others Arrives Makurdi For Tor Tiv Coronation (pics) / Bukola Saraki Visits Governor Dickson Over The Death Of His Mother / Kano APC Stalwart, Engr Bashir, Dumps Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.