Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra (36241 Views)

Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by kwyllancy: 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:
If Umahi can show us one street where his abakaliki people have made an impact economically, we may consider doing so. But check the length and breadth of anambra state, you won't find one! Their handwork is crime and agboro.

You and ABAKALIKI matter sef. U too carry this my people thing for head. Abi e no dey heavy. cool cool cool
Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by chrisxxx(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
donbenie:
Many Igbo Streets and town names have been adulterated by the addition of an R prefix to change the Igbo meaning in Rivers State,so there is nothing new in that..
Give me example. Overzealous Ibos. Always looking out for who to colonize and annex.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Zonacom(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
CptBule:

And when new Abakaliki street booms, you change its name too and the cycle continues?

Meanwhile, it's Abakaliki not Abakiliki.

Thanks for the correction
Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by NonsoWow: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
Dav08175857915:
There is nothing wrong in renaming a place, road or street to depict it's activities. It has nothing to do with looking down on you people.
Abakaliki people are low lives and a street bearing the name of their town in any part of Anambra is a big thing to them. The street name gave them a false sense of importance and it is proper that Obiano made them know that they are not worth more than fleas where anambra people are. If it were permitted, anambra people would have bought off ebonyi state and sold it off to fulanis. Sharing the same tribe with those people is embarrasing enough. They don't look like Igbos, they don't act like Igbos, heck they don't even speak Igbo! They just coin some ear-aching gibberish and they call it Igbo. It is digusting!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Unik3030: 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
Triniti:
you must very stupid to say such a thing in an open forum, the hatred and bile in you so much that you can say such about your fellow easterner
u people hate yourselves big time n u want to fight a common cause.kontinuuuu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by ariesbull: 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
Some parts of okigwe road in Owerri was renamed bank avenue because of banks there ...does it means that okigwe are discriminated?

Imagine should grow up...streets are renamed after the activities ...why is this man making it hard
Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by ariesbull: 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:
Abakaliki people are low lives and a street bearing the name of their town in any part of Anambra is a big thing to them. The street name gave them a false sense of importance and it is proper that Obiano made them know that they are not worth more than fleas where anambra people are. If it were permitted, anambra people would have bought off ebonyi state and sold it off to fulanis. Sharing the same tribe with those people is embarrasing enough. They don't look like Igbos, they don't act like Igbos, heck they don't even speak Igbo! They just coin some ear-aching gibberish and they call it Igbo. It is digusting!

Your stupid very very stupid .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Unik3030: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
Sakaslim:
The bolded is so not true. Exactly why the removal of history from our curriculum is counter productive.
that Cynthia love is an Igbo man masquerading himself as a Yoruba man.check his previous posts n u will know better

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by adisaigbo1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:
The typical abakaliki BS from Umahi. All the hotels and nightclubs on that road are owned by Anambra indigenes. All of them! Ebonyi people don't contribute anything to Anambra state except poverty, agboro and armed robbery. The abakaliki people are the ones hating on Anambra and this they have shown clearly by frustrating Ibeto Cement from re-activating the Nkalagu cement plant because Ibeto is from Anambra.
But bia, I thought it's Hausa and Yoruba that are frustrating ibeto cement

4 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Jax1: 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:

Lol this one is an accursed bastard on the loose

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Unik3030: 9:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

Dont mind this idiots they discriminate against every other igbo state

Truly almost all the crime in enugu state is done by this anambarians

initially i was innocent until i observed that the average anambraian discriminates a lot and want to believe they are the superior igbos

this is d main reason u Biafra will never come

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Unik3030: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Bros or sis, the term "Yoruba Christians nd Yoruba Muslims" originated from nairaland. In my over twenty something years of living I have never heard the term from any one. I went to a xtian primary nd secondary schl nd there was never such discrimination. My gf is a xtian, most of my friends are also xtians nd no one seems to give credence to the differences. The differences only exist in the wild imagination of the gullibles.

BY the way
"Please consider listing as an event vendor on www.planit.ng to get more customers (100% FREE)"
don't mind the fool,hes an Igbo man disguising as a Yoruba man to cause confusion

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by sweetilicious(f): 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
DrGoodman:
Ebonyi, Imo, Abia, Anambra and Enugu states are brothers by blood and so shall it remain forever. Minor disagreements must happen but we always settle and live in peace and harmony always. None of these states hate each other and we intermarry as one people.

All attempts by outsiders to divide us must always fail.
Look at the issue raisedv above and stop playing hanky panky.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by sweetilicious(f): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:
The typical abakaliki BS from Umahi. All the hotels and nightclubs on that road are owned by Anambra indigenes. All of them! Ebonyi people don't contribute anything to Anambra state except poverty, agboro and armed robbery. The abakaliki people are the ones hating on Anambra and this they have shown clearly by frustrating Ibeto Cement from re-activating the Nkalagu cement plant because Ibeto is from Anambra.
Ibeto wanted to outsmart Ebonyians by settling some village chiefs with 1m and taking over almost all hectares of land for his private business without buying individially from owners.Unfortunately for him,all those that took money from him were asked to refund.Its called STEALING without weaponry.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by NonsoWow: 10:05pm On Jun 19, 2018
adisaigbo1:

But bia, I thought it's Hausa and Yoruba that are frustrating ibeto cement
From Martin Elechi to the present Umahi, it is the official policy of the Ebonyi government to frustrate Ibeto Cement and make sure it does not resuscitate the plant. They allege that Ibeto would employ mostly Anambra indigenes and repatriate the profits back to Anambra. But the truth is that their hatred for Anambra people runs deeper. Both Elechi and Umahi have openly indicated their preference for Dangote to take the factory instead. Can you imagine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by sweetilicious(f): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
Zonacom:
I think Umahi is overreacting. Anyone familiar with the street in question, knows that " Club road" is a better name to "Abakiliki street". It's got nothing to do with any discrimination. If I were Obiano, I would name another street Abakiliki to cool tempers
People can show how biased they are.Is this how Biafra will be if ever actualized?I think am having a change of mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Unik3030: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:
just imagine the level of hatred among people who want Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by sweetilicious(f): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
umahi is wrong....

Anambra state government has right to rename any street.....

Ebonyi can go back and rename any street named after anambra
They are plenty o.Don't wish for what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by donbenie(m): 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2018
chrisxxx:

Give me example. Overzealous Ibos. Always looking out for who to colonize and annex.
Obigbo was changed to Qyibo, Umuigbo was changed to Rumuigbo,Umuokoro was changed to Rumuokoro,Umuogba was changed to Rumuogba and Numerous other alterations.
We don't have to colonize you,God and nature made us a thriving and prosperous nation..upon all the Igbo properties your Ancestors stole from us during the war,how did that make you richer compared to Igbos today?
Who God has blessed no backstabbing hypocrites can pull down..am sure you are all praying for another war to burst out so that you all can reap again where you did not sow..
Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Reelectbuhari: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:

oga e done do

U are going too far

ozugo.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by NonsoWow: 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2018
sweetilicious:
They are plenty o.Don't wish for what you don't know.
Ebonyi government should go ahead and start renaming them. They have been looking for excuse to do so and unearthed what Obiano did over a month ago as an excuse. Imagine their governor putting a call through to Obiano to complain about street renaming in Anambra! Who does that It wasn't even a name of one prominent ebonyi person, but the name of their poverty-infested capital!! How low can these abakaliki people get

1 Like

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Reelectbuhari: 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

Which dirty benue

Benue that join hands with fulani led nigerian army to massacre igbos especially enugu people

please remove benue state

is a northern
territory

they are ndi hausa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by chrisxxx(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
donbenie:
Obigbo was changed to Qyibo, Umuigbo was changed to Rumuigbo,Umuokoro was changed to Rumuokoro,Umuogba was changed to Rumuogba and Numerous other alterations.
We don't have to colonize you,God and nature made us a thriving and prosperous nation..upon all the Igbo properties your Ancestors stole from us during the war,how did that make you richer compared to Igbos today?
Who God has blessed no backstabbing hypocrites can pull down..am sure you are all praying for another war to burst out so that you all can reap again where you did not sow..
I am surprised you could write and read yet illiterate. U reason exactly like one. You mean Ikwerre Language was formed after the war? It was the desire of people with inordinate thinking like you to subjugate the Hausa that made them bite more than what they could chew. They Hausa/Fulani Empire have conquered your lineage perpetually. I no longer see your likes as threat and any time I do I will invite them like they have always responded to do their cheapest task-making a mincemeat of the unfortunate and Godforsaken Ibos.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by BabaRamota1980: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Yanminri and self hatred. Na wah o

1 Like

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by omenkaLives(m): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsooWow:
Abakaliki people are low lives and a street bearing the name of their town in any part of Anambra is a big thing to them. The street name gave them a false sense of importance and it is proper that Obiano made them know that they are not worth more than fleas where anambra people are. If it were permitted, anambra people would have bought off ebonyi state and sold it off to fulanis.

Sharing the same tribe with those people is embarrasing enough. They don't look like Igbos, they don't act like Igbos, heck they don't even speak Igbo! They just coin some ear-aching gibberish and they call it Igbo. It is digusting!
Wonderful! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by BilliBaron: 10:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Basically, what you are saying is that 90% of the wealth in Anambra state were created by Enugu and Ebonyi people....I dont believe you believe what you just wrote. Probably drunk or something.
i don't have to believe all i had to. is to know and i know. The only part in Anambra that can bost of good in business is Nnewi. which we all know that many of them are ritualist apart from them i can't count another part. Is it Onitsha pple. We know those aren't good in working hard to make a living, infact they can choose to go to school of touts if they can find one, or Obosi almost everybody there are criminals, Or Anam, Agulu, Awka just name them. The truth is when i hear Anambra pple saying the people doing biafra protest in anambra is pple from neighbouring state like Ebony and Enugu i don't doubt it but you pple "Anambarians" forget to add that the criminals that joined the protest are Anambra pple mainly Onitsa Touts and Obosi Criminals. They're the one who love crisis more than any other state in igbo land. So go and sit your ass down.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by reality1010: 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
Blue3k2:

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/06/19/umahi-condemns-renaming-of-abakaliki-street-in-anambra/amp/

Front Page: Lalasticlala
Umahi,what has d name got to do with development?Abakiliki is not development but d ppl so stop d fuss.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by Reelectbuhari: 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2018
BilliBaron:
i don't have to believe all i had to. is to know and i know. The only part in Anambra that can bost of good in business is Nnewi. which we all know that many of them are ritualist apart from them i can't count another part. Is it Onitsha pple. We know those aren't good in working hard to make a living, infact they can choose to go to school of touts if they can find one, or Obosi almost everybody there are criminals, Or Anam, Agulu, Awka just name them. The truth is when i hear Anambra pple saying the people doing biafra protest in anambra is pple from neighbouring state like Ebony and Enugu i don't doubt it but you pple "Anambarians" forget to add that the criminals that joined the protest are Anambra pple mainly Onitsa Touts and Obosi Criminals. They're the one who love crisis more than any other state in igbo land. So go and sit your ass down.

u are a bloody liar

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by BilliBaron: 11:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
NonsoWow:
i wonder if your mother bend down when having the sex that formed you because your brain seems to be bend which made you to have no common sense. My advice go borrow sense and stop showing the world your low mentality and how stupid you are or how foolish you can be. Note am from Enugu State i was born and brought up in Anambra. I have many Friends both Ebonyi and Anambra expecially Onitsha boy and it happen that the one from Ebonyi has more Sense than those from Onitsha and zero criminal mind than those from Obosi and Onitsha too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by donbenie(m): 11:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
chrisxxx:

I am surprised you could write and read yet illiterate. U reason exactly like one. You mean Ikwerre Language was formed after the war? It was the desire of people with inordinate thinking like you to subjugate the Hausa that made them bite more than what they could chew. They Hausa/Fulani Empire have conquered your lineage perpetually. I no longer see your likes as threat and any time I do I will invite them like they have always responded to do their cheapest task-making a mincemeat of the unfortunate and Godforsaken Ibos.
Ikwerre Language is a sub dialect of Igbo and there's nothing distinct about it,funny you no longer see my like as a threat,that's an admission we were a threat grin
We do not have to subjugate the Hausa /Fulani,they are doing a good job of subjugation on their millions of poverty infested disease riddled illiterate masses.
Am sure you would like to invite them to help you reap from where your lazy as$ did not sow,just like your backstabbing Forebears that stole Igbo properties during the Biafran war.. most likely the property your lazy bum grew up in was stolen from a hard working Igboman..

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Condemns Renaming Of Abakaliki Street In Anambra by BilliBaron: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

u are a bloody liar
in an arguement once you start insulting your rival you lust. and you just did that wish means i got you there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Rico Gado Nutrition Animal Feeds Plant Groundbreaking In Abuja / Senator Abubakar Kyari Wears Military Outfit (Photos) / Kogi: Dino Melaye, Wada, Akpoti React To Governorship, Senatorial Elections

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.