Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

How To Successfully Market A Hotel In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Successfully Market A Hotel In Nigeria (993 Views)

Working In A Hotel For 6 Months Now: My Experience. / 5 Ways To Market A Memoir When No-one Knows Who You Are / How To Successfully Market And Sell Fire Extinguisher Balls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Successfully Market A Hotel In Nigeria by hospitality9ja: 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2018
Today, I would like to write about how you can successfully promote and market any hotel in Nigeria.

Hotel marketing is not very common in Nigeria. However, hotel marketers who know their onions are making it big time even in this economic recession. To succeed in this field, one needs to have a strong passion for the profession and industry; it is this passion that will help you to overcome every disappointment and frustration that usually occur in the process of prospecting for clients.

You need a lot of patience, perseverance and courage to market any hotel in Nigeria, without these, you might be frustrated out of business in no time.

To successfully market any hotel in Nigeria, you need to do the following religiously;

1. KNOW YOUR TARGETED MARKET
As a hotel marketer, you should be conversant with your target market. For example, if you work with a big hotel that has between 200 to 400 rooms, your target market should be corporate organizations like NGO's, big companies, Government Ministries and Parastatals, etc. Because, these organizations usually make group bookings and most times their guests can stay in your hotel for several days.
Knowing your target market will go a long way to make you succeed in any hotel in Nigeria. The size of your hotel determines your target market greatly. you can not work with a 20 room hotel and be chasing UNICEF to patronize you. I hope you get my point.

2. PROSPECT FOR BUSINESS
When you know your target market, the next line of action is to prospect for business from them. Search for these organizations on Google, get their contact numbers and address and start prospecting.
Cold-calling is very effective when prospecting. Call the numbers on the organizations' website, ask to speak with the Admin manager, Logistic officer, Human Resource manager or anyone that takes care of their hotel bookings. Introduce yourself and the hotel you work with, ask for a minute to speak with the person and then, request to send your proposal/letter of introduction to them. Ask for a day that is convenient for the prospect to see you and keep to it.
Furthermore, you can visit your prospect's office and introduce yourself and hotel. At times it might be difficult meeting your prospects because of the security guys at the prospect's office but you need to keep trying until you succeed.

3. FOLLOW UP
It is very important for hotel marketers to always follow up their prospects after submitting their proposal. Follow up is the life in prospecting, if you don't follow up properly and regularly your proposal will be thrown away without you knowing.
Call to check on your prospect regularly. Visit them in their offices and sometimes at their homes if they don't mind. Send new month SMS to them, wishing them the best in the new month. Also, you can get them gifts during their birthdays, wedding or any celebration. Invite them for lunch in your hotel as this will give them the opportunity to see and inspect your facility.
Most times, it takes months or even years before your followup materializes, but it will surely pay you if you do it diligently.

4. MANAGE YOUR CLIENTS
Finally, when these organizations starts using your hotel, you need to provide good services to them in order to keep them.There are so many hotels in Nigeria and in your city, so if you don't treat your guests well, your competitors will.
Allow early check-in and late check-out to some of your loyal guests and organization at no extra cost to them. Organize guests party at the end of the year to celebrate and reward these organizations for their patronage throughout the year. Offer personalized service to all your guests as this will make them feel at home whenever they stay at your hotel.

There are other things you can do to successfully market any hotel in Nigeria and I am willing to share it all in the comment box if you ask me. I will gladly mentor anyone who has interest in hotel marketing and I assure you that you will start getting clients and sealing those difficult deals in no time.

Source: http://abujahotelmarketer..com/2018/06/how-to-successfully-market-hotel-in.html

Re: How To Successfully Market A Hotel In Nigeria by jenibabe46: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
Please I need more information.
Re: How To Successfully Market A Hotel In Nigeria by Forneims: 9:20am On Jul 24, 2019
In fact, it is enough to look at the Nigeria market in this area. It is easy to go to planetofhotels.com and see the options of hotel complexes and what are their living conditions. I often travel and similar services in the selection of apartments allow me to see a clear picture of tourism

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? / Sell Your Car In Dubai / Freelance Journalists Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.