Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

No Calling Is Superior To Another - Hebrews 5:1-4 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Calling Is Superior To Another - Hebrews 5:1-4 (251 Views)

The Son Is Superior To Angels / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Calling Is Superior To Another - Hebrews 5:1-4 by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 20, 2018
Beloved Reader,

You are specially invited to the upcoming Annual God of Breakthroughs Convention (GOBC) 2018 with the theme: "Exceeding Abundantly Above".

Date: July 1st - July 8th 2018 (Sunday - Sunday)
Time: 6am-2pm (4 sessions) and 5pm-8pm daily.

Venue: Dream Centre Headquarters,
Km 4, Gbongan-Osogbo Expressway,
Dream Centre Bus stop,
Osogbo, Osun State,
Nigeria.

Ministering:
Rev & Rev (Mrs) Olusola Areogun (Hosts)
Rev Dr. John Idowu (Ado Ekiti)
Rev Dr. Francis Olonade (Modakeke)
Rev Akinlolu Raphael (Ibadan)
Rev Dr. John Akpami (Zaria)
Rev Dr. Lekan Babatunde (Ibadan)
Pastor Tunde Jaiyebo (Ibadan)
Rev Adeniyi Daniel (Abeokuta)

Enquiries: 07060930809; 08033879828; 08038492153; 08037252124.

Live streaming available on www.lifeoasisinternationalchurch.org/streaming and www.dciradio.org

Come, all things are ready!!!
Jesus is Lord!

The greatest asset that you have on earth is your calling. Your calling is what God planned for you to accomplish for Him on the earth. It is when you pursue the duties attached to your calling and destiny that God identifies you to your generation. God’s plan is that you will be known to your generation through your destiny. Don’t de-emphasize your calling in pursuit of other things.

Heb. 5:4 says ,“And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.” The call of God upon your life is a holy thing and it must not be trifled with. The calling is not something that is under our control; it’s not something that we decide. God has decided your calling; your responsibility is to discover it.

You have no right to adjust or exchange the call of God upon your life. None of us has any right under heaven to add to it, subtract from it or exchange it. Yet you find people who have done that and gotten themselves involved in serious troubles on the earth. There is no calling that is superior to another. You cannot say a pastor is better than a teacher just like you cannot say that an apple is better than an orange.

Many exchange their calling because they assumed that one call is better than another; others went after strange powers because they wanted to demonstrate signs and wonders. Take every opportunity that God gives you in your local church because that is where God trains people for their calling. If you are ministering to children, do it as unto the Lord and see God honour your labour.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to pass my tests in my process. Deliver me from envy and comparison that distract from my destiny.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 1 Kings 22:1-53, Acts 13:16-41, Psalm 138:1-8, Proverbs 17:17-18

Rev. Olusola Areogun

Re: No Calling Is Superior To Another - Hebrews 5:1-4 by rottennaija(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2018
The only calling superior to others is the call to love one another. It is the greatest, the surpassing way. In fact, there is no law against it, no law. It is what identify you as Jesus' follower.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Know About Pastor Faith Oyedepo / Can A Christian Have Faith On What He Or She Has Not Prayed On. / The Physical Concept Between The Light And Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.