Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

The Son Is Superior To Angels - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Son Is Superior To Angels (2486 Views)

Evil Is Superior To God! (my Opinion) / Is Man Superior To Angels? / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2022
Some school of thought argue that the son (Jesus Christ) is an angel, telling you that Jesus is the same person as Archangel Michael.

Where do they get this misconstrued idea from?? Let's take a peek from their verses of argument.

▪︎Daniel 12:1 "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book".

Since Michael is the great Prince that stands for the children of Israel, then he must be Jesus Christ himself.

▪︎1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Since Jesus is coming with the voice of the Archangel, and the Bible only mentions one Archangel, Michael, then Jesus must be the same personality as Michael.

What does Archangel mean? It means a chief or leading angel.. Now is Jesus Christ the son of God an angel himself?

REASONS WHY JESUS IS NOT ANGEL MICHAEL NOR IS HE AN ANGEL AT ALL

1. Jesus himself specifically differentiates Himself from angels
Mark 13:32, KJV: But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

The son has greater authority than all angels.

2. The Apostles also differentiated Jesus Christ from Angels
▪︎ St Peter: 1 Peter 3: 21-22
........................ It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

▪︎ St Paul: Hebrews 1:4
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by AntiChristian: 7:57am On Jun 26, 2022
Everything can be proved from the Bible. It just depends on where the spirit leads you.

Jesus is Angel Michael.

Jesus is son of God.

Jesus is son of man.

Jesus is God himself.

Jesus is godman hybrid!

2 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Cypress042(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2022
Jesus is jesus, depending on how one see and feel about him peace cool
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2022
3. Michael is not the only Archangel

Yes. Archangels have their specific duty. Michael is the Archangel in charge of Wars. Gabriel is the Archangel of Goodnews, Azazel Archangel of death and so on. Infact study shows there are 7 Archangelz, all who have El (God) at the suffix of their names.

Micha-el (Who is like God)
Gabri- el (God is my strength)
Rapha-el (God thr healer). Credited as the angels who stirs the pool of water before Jesus healed the paralysed man (John 5:1-4)

4. Jesus Christ is exactly like God in all forms, angels are not

Jesus earthly name is called Emmanu-el (God is with us)

The Bible tells us that Jesus is the exact representation of God, and he has all authority same as God. Jesus created all things including angels.

5. Jesus had authority over Satan, Archangel need permission or authorisation from Jesus

This is because, Some fallen angels were on the same level as the archangel before they were cast out of heaven. Michael is the direct opposite of the Devil and others like Azazel, Samael etc.

Jude 1:8"Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Only the Lord, The King has power to cast out the devil. Angels need permission from the Lord Jesus.

6. Jesus is on the same table as the Father

Jesus to John the beloved.

Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Hence, the Son Jesus Christ (Emmanuel) is not the same person as angel Michael.

Jesus Christ is greater than the Angels

Jehovah witness, Seven day adventist, please take note

6 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Deborah98(f): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2022
See let me tell you, whatever you are looking for in the Bible you will surely find it. Why did God have to call His word a two-edged sword? Your heart disposition towards it determines what influences it. If you are reading it to argue or win an argument you will see or be directed towards that area. Something keeps happening to me each time I open the Bible to read. When I casually read it, I read it as though it's just a philosophical book but when I put my spirit aright and read,my eyes are opened to see deeper and realer things I have never seen. Do you know you can read a particular verse of the Bible in a week and get different meanings out of it. There are spirits that lurk around to influence you depending on your intentions of reading it. How did I get here? Back to the thread. Jesus is not an angel. He is the son of God. Even man is superior to Angels.
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 11:28am On Jun 26, 2022
Angels are messengers

1 Like

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
Jokerman:
Angels are messengers

“I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent" Luke 4:43

God sends his messengers on errands:

The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him. Act 3:13 smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Maynman: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Deborah98:
See let me tell you, whatever you are looking for in the Bible you will surely find it. Why did God have to call His word a two-edged sword? Your heart disposition towards it determines what influences it. If you are reading it to argue or win an argument you will see or be directed towards that area. Something keeps happening to me each time I open the Bible to read. When I casually read it, I read it as though it's just a philosophical book but when I put my spirit aright and read,my eyes are opened to see deeper and realer things I have never seen. Do you know you can read a particular verse of the Bible in a week and get different meanings out of it. There are spirits that lurk around to influence you depending on your intentions of reading it. How did I get here? Back to the thread. Jesus is not an angel. He is the son of God. Even man is superior to Angels.

Why then do we have different doctrines?

Your bible is like a horse you can direct it to wherever you want
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Maynman: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

“I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent" Luke 4:43

The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him. Act 3:13 smiley

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
Cypress042:
Jesus is jesus, depending on how see and feel about him peace cool

According to Daniel Archangel Michael will stand for the salvation of God's people. Daniel 12:1-3

Yet God said He never introduced any angel to us as His Son {Hebrews 1:5} but churchgoers can't decipher what God meant by all these things and they're not ready to learn from Jesus' real disciples.

What God is saying:

"I never introduced any angel to you as role model so don't pray or follow any angel except the person i introduced to you as my Son" Matthew 17:5

Today most churchgoers will read what Paul wrote in that Bible book of Hebrews 1:5-10 only to criticize Jehovah's Witnesses but they will afterwards pray using names of angels:
Holy Michael
Holy Gabriel
Holy Raphael
Holy Uriel

Whereas the only name given among men as key into God's presence is "JESUS" Philippians 2:10

We know that it's Archangel Michael that was sent down from heaven from among God's spirit sons it's a sacred secret, but his name has been changed after completing his earthly mission {John 19:30} that's why he could say all authority has been given to him {Matthew 28:18} of course someone gave him that name nah {Philippians 2:9} he still remains under the control of the person who exalted and gave him both name and authority! 1Corinthians 15:27-28

So we no longer call him by his former angelic name rather we call him by the newly given name that's above all other names: JESUS! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Doesn't make Jesus an angel.... humans are messengers too
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

According to Daniel Archangel Michael will stand for the salvation of God's people. Daniel 12:1-3

Yet God said He never introduced any angel to us as His Son {Hebrews 1:5} but churchgoers can't decipher what God meant by all these things and they're not ready to learn from Jesus' real disciples.

What God is saying:

"I never introduced any angel to you as role model so don't pray or follow any angel except the person i introduced to you as my Son" Matthew 17:5

Today most churchgoers will read what Paul wrote in that Bible book of Hebrews 1:5-10 only to criticize Jehovah's Witnesses but they will afterwards pray using names of angels:
Holy Michael
Holy Gabriel
Holy Raphael
Holy Uriel

Whereas the only name given among men as key into God's presence is "JESUS" Philippians 2:10

We know that it's Archangel Michael that was sent down from heaven from among God's spirit sons it's a sacred secret, but his name has been changed after completing his earthly mission {John 19:30} that's why he could say all authority has been given to him {Matthew 28:18} of course someone gave him that name nah {Philippians 2:9} he still remains under the control of the person who exalted and gave him both name and authority! 1Corinthians 15:27-28

So we no longer call him by his former angelic name rather we call him by the newly given name that's above all other names: JESUS! smiley

So who was being talked about John 1:1?

3 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 11:37am On Jul 10, 2022
Read Paradise lost by John Milton to know that the son is different from Angel Michael

1 Like

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Maynman: 11:40am On Jul 10, 2022
Nice you got the yaldaboath worshipper cheesy
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:49am On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

So who was being talked about John 1:1?

It's the prophet who will be like Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} Apostle Peter confirmed it @ Act 3:22 that Jesus is the prophet who walked on planet earth like God just in the same manner Moses did! Exodus 7:1 smiley

1 Like

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

Read Paradise lost by John Milton to know that the son is different from Angel Michael

According to God's word angels are God's sons! Job 38:7

So believe the Bible not Milton! wink
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 11:52am On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's the prophet who will be like Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} Apostle Peter confirmed it @ Act 3:22 that Jesus is the prophet who walked on planet earth like God just in the same manner Moses did! Exodus 7:1 smiley

Lol.... grin Oluweri witness
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Maynman: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

According to God's word angels are God's sons! Job 38:7

So believe the Bible not Milton! wink

And the morning stars too.
Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:32pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

Lol.... grin Oluweri witness

I know you're not relying on what you read in the Bible rather you're placing the dogmas of your sect over God's word.
So it will be very difficult for you to face the reality.
Most of you are confused because John said the word of God WAS God {John 1:1} but why did John use a past tense instead of present when talking about the word of God?
Well it's simply because like Moses who WAS God at a point in time the word WAS also God at a point in time and of course both Moses and the word confirmed that someone GREATER sent them!
So keep your TRINITY dogma aside and learn the TRUTH so as to set yourself free from unfruitful religious dogmas! John 8:32 wink

1 Like

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2022
Maynman:

And the morning stars too.

I'm the heavens only angels live with God just as Jesus told us or you don't believe Jesus' words again? Matthew 18:10 cheesy

Perhaps you can tell me who else live with God in heaven apart from angels! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 12:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I'm the heavens only angels live with God just as Jesus told us or you don't believe Jesus' words again? Matthew 18:10 cheesy

Perhaps you can tell me who else live with God in heaven apart from angels! smiley

The Cherubs
The seraphim
The 24 Elders

Also live with God in heaven

2 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Maynman: 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Okay, yahweh worshipper

Jesus words or you mean angel Micheal words?

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I know you're not relying on what you read in the Bible rather you're placing the dogmas of your sect over God's word.
So it will be very difficult for you to face the reality.
Most of you are confused because John said the word of God WAS God {John 1:1} but why did John use a past tense instead of present when talking about the word of God?
Well it's simply because like Moses who WAS God at a point in time the word WAS also God at a point in time and of course both Moses and the word confirmed that someone GREATER sent them!
So keep your TRINITY dogma aside and learn the TRUTH so as to set yourself free from unfruitful religious dogmas! John 8:32 wink

Oga, Moses was never like God.

Stop typing heresy

2 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Maynman: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

Stop typing heresy

He will do and say anything to connect “jesus” to angel Micheal, as told by the fallen watchers of yaldaboath.

2 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
Maynman:

He will do and say anything to connect “jesus” to angel Micheal, as told by the fallen watchers of yaldaboath.

Lol... yiu are right.... grin

1 Like

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

The Cherubs
The seraphim
The 24 Elders
Also live with God in heaven

Ọmọ all of them are angels, the Bible referred to some angels as PRINCES {Daniel 10:13} because some have power and authority over others! 1Corinthians 8:5-6 wink

1 Like

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Jokerman(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ all of them are angels, the Bible referred to some angels as PRINCES {Daniel 10:13} because some have power and authority over others! 1Corinthians 8:5-6 wink

So the 24 Elders that seat at the throne worshiping God day and night are angels?

3 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

Stop typing heresy

You can read Exodus 7:1 in any version of your choice but let me quote from the ones i have here:

Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like God to Pharʹaoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet. NWT

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, i have made thee a god to Pharaoh and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. KJV

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. Holy Bible

Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. NIV

And the Lord said to Moses, “See, I make you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. RSV

Moses was God to Pharaoh the greatest king on this planet at the time! wink

2 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
Jokerman:

So the 24 Elders that seat at the throne worshiping God day and night are angels?
Only one person was with God in the beginning {Proverbs 8:22; John 1:1} but all others came through the handiwork of the firstborn of all creations! Colossians 1:15-16 compare to Proverbs 8:30

So those elders are angels closer to God than the rest! Luke 1:19

2 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Emusan(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So that means John the Baptist was also an Angel because the Bible says he was sent too cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Emusan(m): 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You can read Exodus 7:1 in any version of your choice but let me quote from the ones i have here:

Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like God to Pharʹaoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet. NWT

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, i have made thee a god to Pharaoh and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. KJV

And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. Holy Bible

Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. NIV

And the Lord said to Moses, “See, I make you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. RSV

Moses was God to Pharaoh the greatest king on this planet at the time! wink

So was Moses A GOD or human who was made LIKE a god?

Was Jesus MADE LIKE A GOD OR WAS GOD? wink grin cheesy grin wink

3 Likes

Re: The Son Is Superior To Angels by Maynman: 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jack Straw(leader House Of Common) On Moslem Women And Veil / Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. / Welcome To RCCG Exclusive Social Access RCCG With All The Latest News And Inform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.