Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time (20226 Views)

10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / The 7 Most Annoying Video Game Characters Of All Time / Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Thegamingorca(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
This is the one gta I didn't care about finishing
ForeignAgent:
grin

Coming to a Cinema near you:

GTA San Andreas!

Starring yours truly as Carl Johnson (CJ)

Lalasticla as Officer Tenpenny

Queensuccubus as Catalina Cruz

Airforce1 as OG Loc (no surprises here grin)

Nwamaikpe as Big Smoke

And finally,

Seun Osewa as Salvatore Leone.

[img]https://media1./images/cacb82cbe7acaf238253530c99db2bdf/tenor.gif?itemid=4576508[/img]
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by loomer: 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Hello Nairalanders!!!
I know most of us is still basking in the terrible loss of the Nigerian National team in the ongoing FIFA World Cup, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have a bit fun right?

Sadly, films based on video games have a terrible reputation. The general consensus among moviegoers is that they remain entirely unfaithful to the source material and feature some incredibly terrible storylines and acting.
However, I tend to disagree. Sure, any time Uwe Boll comes out of his hiding place, I want to run and scream in terror, but not every video game movie is the worst thing since Batman v Superman .
I like to think there are quite a few (I’ve somehow managed to find at least 10 of them) that, while not cinematic masterpieces like The Dark Knight, Citizen Kane, or The Room , are still pretty enjoyable to watch.
Here are 7 video game based movies that aren’t the worst pieces of cinema ever made:

street fighter nko
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Silent Hill

Sure, it’s needlessly clunky in places but it sure does bring the chills. In hindsight, Silent Hill was a perfect fit to cut through the thicket of below-average video game movies that seemed to come out every few months in the mid-‘00s. Packed with a decent cast (including a rare sight: Sean Bean surviving!) and more than its fair share of scares, Silent Hill may not stack up to its horror peers but, for a video game effort, it’s more than good enough. Bonus points for including Pyramid Head; just as terrifying (perhaps more so) than its video game counterpart and a sight that will be sure to have you hiding behind the sofa before the credits roll.

lalasticlala, Seun, Cao
where is super Mario?
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by louis95(m): 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
GTA
Rise to Honour (jet li)
Mortal kombat
Resident Evil
NFS
Army of Tithio
Devil may cry
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
drunkpunk:
FTC.. Yaaaay
Wrong. The guy with " angry angry " was first. You failed.

1 Like

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
shobroy10:
So u don't know Der are many MKs
U want to keep fast and furious
Wat of FIFA18 wc is under production now as we speak
U did not add Mario
Need for speed

Guy abeg go back and do some research I nver even start thinking. Wc kind all time b that
The Mario film was an abomination.

1 Like

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
mighty5050:
If GTA is not here, then the list is wrong.
Sometimes, I wonder if some people actually know how to read... Or you're from the future or a parallel universe where a movie based on the GTA franchise exists? Good for you.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
No Super Mario?

No God of war ?

Op you are sick
Some people really can't read. See how you're just embarrassing yourself. You better use your eyes and brain to read with understanding. Abi, dey don finally release the God of War film for your village? Better check yourself.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
Kaycee7:
These guys listing video games, are you guys blind? Or is it common sense you lack? Or you can't read? Or are you just trolling?
It's rather mind boggling the levels at which some folks can't read...

1 Like

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
kratos. qod of war ouqht to be number 1.
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Vizzy4u:
What of Grandtheft, FOOTBALL,men in black, God of war?........ This list is rabbish.... tongue
I don tire for you people. Y'all that can't read with comprehension, "Video Game MOVIE". Just go to the corner over there and keep quiet. Y'all just be annoying somebody.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
Some of y'all really need to go to your house of worship and pray to your deity to give you sense. All these people that can't read with comprehension.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Rick9(m): 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
James bond, Matrix
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by sprints1: 11:18pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jesse01:
prince of persia√

tomb raider √

silent hills√

Resident Evil √

Mortal Kombat movie Nah

u no sabi movie...mortal and resident evil is the best but assassins creed is rubbish.... why didn't he add xmen or

2 Likes

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by saxby(f): 12:32am On Jun 21, 2018
cant vouch for the movie but that year the assassins creed game on my spark been make sense o
sprints1:
u no sabi movie...mortal and resident evil is the best but assassins creed is rubbish.... why didn't he add xmen or
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2018
cao:

I don tire for you people. Y'all that can't read with comprehension, "Video Game MOVIE". Just go to the corner over there and keep quiet. Y'all just be annoying somebody.
d thread no clear na. Try to make it comprehensive. Nvm who get time to read everything sef cheesy
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2018
sprints1:
Mk movies the best like seriously undecided or u are talking about the vintage Mk movies (1997-1999) because this current Mk movies = trash
I think the op just put video game movies that he love's,
because there are some great games movies that's are not here
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Lana1(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2018
Best Video Game "Movies" of all time and u start hearing God of War, Street Fighter, GTA, PES, etc.
Some even had the temerity to insult the OP for not including these games in his list.

To read has always been a problem for most Nigerians. Most just want to ignore the topic/headline and jump straight into conclusions.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2018
Vizzy4u:
d thread no clear na. Try to make it comprehensive. Nvm who get time to read everything sef cheesy
It clearly said so, na you way fall your own hand.
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by drunkpunk(m): 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2018
cao:

Wrong. The guy with " angry angry " was first. You failed.

which guy aunty? ehn?
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by sprints1: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2018
saxby:
cant vouch for the movie but that year the assassins creed game on my spark been make sense o
assassin creed is a good game back in 2008 when the first version came out I played a bit of it nice game with strategy but the movie is not good
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by cao(f): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
drunkpunk:

which guy aunty? ehn?
theunnamed:
angry angry
Uncle next time, clean your eyes, guy even beat the OP sef.
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by drunkpunk(m): 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
cao:

Uncle next time, clean your eyes, guy even beat the OP sef.

yes mommy i will..
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by chubbyswit(m): 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
who says street fighter is not a movie? Viewed it when i was very very young. Van damme acted as guile in that film. Very interesting movie
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Gmajor(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
Vasaratti16:
Hello Nairalanders!!!
I know most of us is still basking in the terrible loss of the Nigerian National team in the ongoing FIFA World Cup, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have a bit fun right?

Sadly, films based on video games have a terrible reputation. The general consensus among moviegoers is that they remain entirely unfaithful to the source material and feature some incredibly terrible storylines and acting.
However, I tend to disagree. Sure, any time Uwe Boll comes out of his hiding place, I want to run and scream in terror, but not every video game movie is the worst thing since Batman v Superman .
I like to think there are quite a few (I’ve somehow managed to find at least 10 of them) that, while not cinematic masterpieces like The Dark Knight, Citizen Kane, or The Room , are still pretty enjoyable to watch.
Here are 7 video game based movies that aren’t the worst pieces of cinema ever made:

The room is a cinematic masterpiece In what universe?
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by umarwy(m): 5:41am On Feb 03, 2019
Follygunners:
WTF ?

Where's Street Fighter? ?? angry angry angry

Total BS! angry angry angry Ryu fireball fall on you!

Do you play sfv??
Re: 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time by Badeaced: 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2023
[code][/code]
HITMAN (2007)
Timothy Olyphant ’ s Agent 47 comes off as very true to the games, often feeling like its plot could easily have been a mission in the stealth-killing franchise. Nailing the exotic locales and the often-political elements of 47’s assassinations, Hitman remains a great example of a video game turned movie. And the sequel with the dude from
Homeland (Rupert Friend) wasn’t bad either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Official Thread For FIFA 2016 PC / Which Of These Games Did We Do Best When We Were Young??? / ⭕⭕ PS4, PS4 slim & PS4 pro 1TB.[hacked & unhacked]✅ + PS5❗❗

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.