Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is (1900 Views)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 21, 2018
Hi there

Basically I live in the UK and family arranged a marriage for me. Needless to say it was arranged and I have no marriage certificate and my family are keeping it from me. We no longer speak as I met a woman here and had a baby. I'm finally happy and in love and never wanted to be married to this woman.

How can I get a divorce? I have no idea where she is?
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2018
At least see her before you divorce her, don't be so heartless.
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by SUPERPACK: 12:14am On Jun 21, 2018
after knacking her with various virtual sex styles you now want to leave her, you are heartless, buhari pant fall on you.

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 21, 2018
Colourich:
At least see her before you divorce her, don't be so heartless.

At the wedding she told people she didnt love me and she was merely marrying me as a favour. I paid for her university, I tried to make this marriage work, I gave her everything she wanted. She tried to use me for a visa and when her visa got denied paid no interest in me.

I told her I didn't want to be with her and that I had met someone else. She knows I want a divorce but she's totally disappeared so I can't find her.

So dont judge me before you know the story.
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2018
SUPERPACK:
after knacking her with various virtual sex styles you now want to leave her, you are heartless, buhari pant fall on you.

At the wedding she told people she didnt love me and she was merely marrying me as a favour. I paid for her university, I tried to make this marriage work, I gave her everything she wanted. She tried to use me for a visa and when her visa got denied paid no interest in me.

I told her I didn't want to be with her and that I had met someone else. She knows I want a divorce but she's totally disappeared so I can't find her.

Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by SUPERPACK: 12:34am On Jun 21, 2018
Romi1992:

well why did u present only half of the tori before?. goodluck
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by HARDDON: 12:37am On Jun 21, 2018
Married in absentia. Wonder how real people deal sometimes.

They enlarge your picture and place it on a chair by her side and every other awkward thing that follows....
While you are probably boning another vJay somewhere!

Isn't life beautiful? grin cheesy

angry

Well, you have to trace her down to 9ja.

But I'm very much sure it is only traditional marriage you guys did. If so, kindly come to 9ja and ask her parents to return the bride price you paid.
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 21, 2018
SUPERPACK:

Because I don't expect people to judge me and make up their own stories in their head.

I didn't particularly want to air that dirty laundry either
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 21, 2018
HARDDON:
Married in absentia. Wonder how real people deal sometimes.

They enlarge your picture and place it on a chair by her side and every other awkward thing that follows....
While you are probably boning another vJay somewhere!

Isn't life beautiful? grin cheesy

angry

Well, you have to trace her down to 9ja.

But I'm very much sure it is only traditional marriage you guys did. If so, kindly come to 9ja and ask her
parents to return the bride price you paid.

I can't travel because I have no idea where any of them are. She was at university and bow she's moved somewhere else and her parents seem to disappeared too. But everyone has stopped speaking to me since I started to live my life for myself.

Is there no way I can divorce her without seeing her?

It's been nearly two years since I last travelled to naija to even see her. We never lived together and we haven't said a word to each other in nearly a year now
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by HARDDON: 12:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Could you tell us exactly what happened? How did the marriage take place? What did you do? Who was involved?

And why is it that now that you decided to live your life, everybody seem to have deserted you?

2 Likes

Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Shugarlord213: 2:27am On Jun 21, 2018
If they have deserted you don’t go searching for lost shadows.

Next Time don’t marry a Nigeria based woman no matter how nice, homely and obedient she is

It’s all pretense.

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 21, 2018
Shugarlord213:
If they have deserted you don’t go searching for lost shadows.

Next Time don’t marry a Nigeria based woman no matter how nice, homely and obedient she is

It’s all pretense.

Yes and my question is how can I divorce her now I can't find her?
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 21, 2018
HARDDON:
Could you tell us exactly what happened? How did the marriage take place? What did you do? Who was involved?

And why is it that now that you decided to live your life, everybody seem to have deserted you?

I'm not saying anymore, sorry. I just want to k is how I can get a divorce when you can't find your wife to serve papers
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by darkmarky(m): 3:36am On Jun 21, 2018
The marriage never took place so there is no divorce. Marry another woman .. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by nwarosa: 4:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Romi1992:

I'm not saying anymore, sorry. I just want to k is how I can get a divorce when you can't find your wife to serve papers

What kind of marriage was it? Traditional? Registry?

Was it in absentia?

Finally, you need to hire a divorce lawyer. You guys have not lived together for at least two years, that's some basis for a case. For now, avoid bringing up the issue of having a new woman and child. To avoid being misunderstood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2018
Too many unanswered questions.
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by HARDDON: 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2018
darkmarky:
The marriage never took place so there is no divorce. Marry another woman .. Thanks

Oh I think the marriage did and from the bits I was able to piece together, they even did Registry marriage. That was what she wanted to use as a travelling means but the white guys saw tru it and hence, rejected her application.
Because she couldn't provide pictorial evidence of their wedding.

He is in for it mehn. If he marries another, it is purely adultery. No matter how he tries to ignore and he fully knows that.

He new wife to be is aware of that too and has been on him to get a D b4 they can hook

1 Like

Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 22, 2018
HARDDON:

Oh I think the marriage did and from the bits I was able to piece together, they even did Registry marriage. That was what she wanted to use as a travelling means but the white guys saw tru it and hence, rejected her application.
Because she couldn't provide pictorial evidence of their wedding.

He is in for it mehn. If he marries another, it is purely adultery. No matter how he tries to ignore and he fully knows that.

He new wife to be is aware of that too and has been on him to get a D b4 they can hook

If he goes ahead to remarry now, and it turns out he did registry with the first lady, then he is committing bigamy not adultery.

Adultery is not a crime, but bigamy is.
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by sisisioge: 6:40am On Jun 22, 2018
I think the guy shouldn't worry too much. He didn't append his signature on any certificate. He could claim fraud.

Marry your Lovey and forget about the sham marriage. If she ever makes a fuss in the future, ask her to provide the certificate with your signature and a picture of your two getting married.

As per the traditional marriage, tell your people to go and collect their bride price back, if they don't...you kuku wasn't there anyway. Na them marry by themselves.

May God bless your new union...love seriously matters. Don't get rammed in a corner wink
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by enoqueen: 11:42am On Jun 22, 2018
sisisioge:
I think the guy shouldn't worry too much. He didn't append his signature on any certificate. He could claim fraud.

Marry your Lovey and forget about the sham marriage. If she ever makes a fuss in the future, ask her to provide the certificate with your signature and a picture of your two getting married.

As per the traditional marriage, tell your people to go and collect their bride price back, if they don't...you kuku wasn't there anyway. Na them marry by themselves.

May God bless your new union...love seriously matters. Don't get rammed in a corner wink

Never knew u are this wicked. grin grin
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by DukeNija(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
SUPERPACK:

Well why did you jump to conclusion? Typical Nigerian woman.
Re: Divorce - Don't Know Where My Wife Is by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2018
Any court in Nigeria and a good lawyer can help you out. This is no issue as long as the marriage was contracted in Nigeria and you have the certificate of marriage.

Did you consummate the marriage?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help � I Can't Handle This Alone / What Will You Do If You Saw Your Cousin Who Died 6 Years Ago / I Hate My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.