Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts (9617 Views)

Governor Umahi, His Wife & Daughter Kneel Down To Pray At A Project Site (Photo) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Nweze1986: 6:29am On Jun 21, 2018
GOVERNOR UMAHI'S PEACE BUILDING EFFORTS

Philip Nweze

In the area of peace and conflict management the administration of Engr David Umahi, from inception has demonstrated great sagacity and dexterity

Ascending office, he was troubled by crisis of all dimensions which had raged even decades before he assumed power. There was the Izzi intra-communal dispute between Onwonweya and Mkpumaekwoku. Fresh hostilities between Ekpomaka and their Inyimagu brothers. There was also the lingering crisis between the people of Enyigba in Abakaliki Local Government and Ndiegu Enyibichiri in Ikwo LGA of the state. Each bothered on land dispute which later degenerated into communal clashes. At the borderline of these challenges were the dangerous persistent bloody clashes.

We all lamented and wailed at the destruction and social dislocation it caused us. We knew no peace, as violence and killings irreverently replaced the sacredness of peace.

Our leaders knew the path to peace, but ignored it's enforcement for whatever reason known to them. But Governor Umahi elected upon himself to end the menace. He wholeheartedly attuned his administration to full restoration of peace in these hot spots.

His no nonsense and uncompromising posture on security of lives and property has changed the horrible narrative of endless violence across the state. The famed and accustomed peace in the state has regained its soul.

The most worrisome Ezillo and Ezza-Ezillo internal squabbles that lasted for over six years has finally been brought to an end. Umahi's experience and ingenuity and record of ensuring peace in troubled communities did the magic.

In Ezillo, his hands of friendship was extended to those who were aggrieved. And for the first time, the two warring sides drew up a collective agreement to pursue peace and abide by a fresh code of conduct. The governor's ingenuity in human diplomacy and conflict management has enabled this hitherto impossible reality.

The media circus about the Governor's suspension of his Deputy Chief of staff and other prominent appointees of government from crisis ridden communities shows that there're no sacred cows in ensuring the safety of people of the state. Also, the government is sparing nothing in waging war against insecurity. The state government has spent millions of naira to restore peace and security in crisis prone areas of Ikwo, Abakaliki and Izzi. One slot takes N10 million to the soldiers and another N10 million to the police.

The Governor is known to be very decisive in handling cases of communal disturbances. In the Alike crisis, he stripped all government appointees in the area of their privileges, political and financial pending the completion of a school block burnt in the heat of the violence and cessation of hostilities. In another instance, he announced the immediate takeover of the disputed land between the people of Enyigba and their neighbouring Enyibichiri in Abakaliki and Ikwo LGAs respectively.

The Governor has been known to shelve his busy schedules on a number of occasions to undertake an on the spot assessment together with stakeholders and security agents in the state to ascertain the level of destruction as a result of the crises.

Governor Umahi is also good with proactive remedies too. The Governor has deployed a simple strategy of according every section in the state a sense of belonging. He halted discrimination by past administrations and extended equal and fair treatment to all and sundry. His conviction is that every Ebonyian deserves a good life and to live in peace and there are no rhetorics as the people bear loud testimonies. He has helped Ebonyians develop awareness of unity in diversity.

The Governor also understands that incessant killings by herdsmen in the country needs to be properly handled and addressed so as not to spark off war. He has repeatedly convened enlarged security council meeting with security chiefs, National leadership of Miyetti Allah, led by Alhaji Bello Bodejo and stakeholders of all affected communities to address unprovoked killings in some parts of the state, including the death of three people in Enyanwuigwe community of Igbeagu in Izzi local government area of the state. Constant engagement of herders and farmers in dialogue to agree on certain policies before implementation, is also a big plus for the administration.

All these have given Ebonyi the insignia of the most peaceful state in the federation.

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Mekanus(m): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2018
It is quite unfortunate that I occupied this FTC but still have nothing to say, all because the op, Philip Nweze is Umahi's asslicker.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Delight009: 6:33am On Jun 21, 2018
. .
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by lilfreezy: 8:06am On Jun 21, 2018
undecided
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by buchilino(m): 8:08am On Jun 21, 2018
EBONYI WOULD HAD BEEN A VERY PEACEFUL N SUCCESSFUL STATE, IF NOT FOR ALL DIS CONFLICT
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by senchris(m): 8:09am On Jun 21, 2018
The job of defending Nigerian politicians is really a very difficult one. But once money is involved, people are always ready to swallow their conscience and sense of reasoning to do all sorts of things to defend them, including this write up. Where is the peace in Ebonyi state and where was Umahi during the last administrations, especially the immediate past. What efforts did he put in during the last administration that he was the deputy. Instead, he worked behind to fuel the crisis and set the people against the past governor. About the herdsman crisis, when last did we hear about people being murdered?. He is purely ass licking the federal government. Perhaps, he dosnt want to leave anything to chance, given that he knows how he was able to beat Elechi with influence from the federal government during the last election. How much more now that he is in opposition party with his arch enemy (Ogbonnaya Onu) in the ruling party. My advice to him is that there is enough land in Uburu and Izzi for the grazing reserve they are planing. At least, the immediate injury should be borne by his people and your own people for writing this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by sureheaven(m): 8:09am On Jun 21, 2018
They keep praying over everything, yet those things will still not end well.
Radaradazzz

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Authoreety: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2018
I love ebonyi state!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by MrImole: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2018
This is not interesting...
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2018
cheesy
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by dant11: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2018
okay

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:15am On Jun 21, 2018
I like this governor

He is not hateful

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Baroba(m): 8:15am On Jun 21, 2018
We are waiting to hear how many hectares of Ebonyi ancestrial land little Hitler is donating for ranching.. Ndi otimkpu akalia.. cry

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Grupo(m): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2018
The people of abakaliki, ezza and ikwo are the "Northern Nigerians" of Ebonyi state.

They are dragging the good people of Ebonyi south - afikpo and ohaozara backwards. They are also the most backwards and poor

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by UNRULY(m): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Me nuh get nothing fi say.
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2018
cool He has the Best Finance Commissioner Dennis Ekunmakama

I Hope Dennis will go the Red Chambers in the 2019 Legislative House

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Wasky101: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2018
Great

iPhone 6s 64gb uk used, fresh like new comes with original charger for a #discount #90k
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by ariesbull: 8:23am On Jun 21, 2018
Umahi is becoming the most hated and disgusting Igbo governor ! Some people see him as a weakling others see him as a stooge per excellence ...now he tops the chart and Rochas follows

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by marvoo4real(m): 8:26am On Jun 21, 2018
I think this Governor is really trying. This is best serving governor in Ebonyi state...

4 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2018
Those that also involve giving out ebonyi ancestral lands to terrorists from futon jalon all in the name of ranching.This man is a traitor to ebonyi and iboland.I hope he is voted out in 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Akinpelumusibau: 8:42am On Jun 21, 2018
marvoo4real:
I think this Governor is really trying. This is best serving governor in Ebonyi state...

Trying on infrastructure only because i reside here in Abakaliki town. Other sectors that should have boast up the economy of the state he failed

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by UCyril: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2018
Grupo:
The people of abakaliki, ezza and ikwo are the "Northern Nigerians" of Ebonyi state.

They are dragging the good people of Ebonyi south - afikpo and ohaozara backwards. They are also the most backwards and poor
stop typing rubbish. We re all together. You want those anambra people who don't have respect for us to support you. Be guided

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Fatherofdragons: 8:48am On Jun 21, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I like this governor

He is not hateful

abi ooo his is better than the Oba of lagoon

3 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Grupo(m): 8:51am On Jun 21, 2018
UCyril:
stop typing rubbish. We re all together. You want those anambra people who don't have respect for us to support you. Be guided

I know we are together but truth must be told. Ezza and ezillo people are dragging the name of Ebonyi to the mud with their senseless killings. This is 21st century for goodness sake. They should stop behaving like Hausas who kill at the slightest provocation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Grupo(m): 8:53am On Jun 21, 2018
Akinpelumusibau:

Trying on infrastructure only because i reside here in Abakaliki town. Other sectors that should have boast up the economy of the state he failed

Let's get practical, what other sectors do you suggest the governor invest in? Don't mention human capital, we already know about that. Say something different.
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Greatzeus(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Mekanus:
It is quite unfortunate that I occupied this FTC but still have nothing to say, all because the op, Philip Nweze is Umahi's asslicker.
Maybe not necessarily asslicking.Maybe it's public relations,as a public figure you have to keep maintaining a good public image,even though most times it might not really show the true image. Politicians, musicians all do it.
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by senatordave1(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
Those that also involve giving out ebonyi ancestral lands to terrorists from futon jalon all in the name of ranching.This man is a traitor to ebonyi and iboland.I hope he is voted out in 2019
You have appeared here again? You forget that the fg has land in every state and there going to utilize their own land in ebonyi or can buy from ebonyi state.secondly,there many muslims and fulanis in ebonyi already,ranching the fulanis is the best way to avoid future conflicts.umahi is the best governor in the east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by Akinpelumusibau: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Grupo:

Let's get practical, what other sectors do you suggest the governor invest in? Don't mention human capital, we already know about that. Say something different.

Thanks so much bros, Am not any political party fan but i appreciate the effort of the Gov. Dave Nwaeze Umahi. Education sector of the state is very poor from their primary to tertiary so he should help His people
Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by senatordave1(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2018
ariesbull:
Umahi is becoming the most hated and disgusting Igbo governor ! Some people see him as a weakling others see him as a stooge per excellence ...now he tops the chart and Rochas follows
Why are the most performing governors in the east the most hated ironically? Inspite of having the lowest allocation in the east and even in nigeria,he has surpassed expectations.i even use him to set a standard for my non performing governor ayade.this man has handled the fulani herdsmen situation far better than any other eastern governor.he has also maintained close relations with buhari and apc despite being in pdp.hes a real democrat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi's Peace Building Efforts by senatordave1(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2018
Akinpelumusibau:

Thanks so much bros, Am not any political party fan but i appreciate the effort of the Gov. Dave Nwaeze Umahi. Education sector of the state is very poor from their primary to tertiary so he should help His people
Your right.ebonyi is behind educationally,its still listed among the educationally less disadvantaged states.the governor should copy what akpabio did in akwa ibom by declaring free primary and secondary education and subsidize tuition in the state tertiary schools.he should set up a committee to bring back all the ebonyians doing unsavoury jobs outside the state and financially empower them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million / Ifeanyi Ubah: I Am In APC To Rescue Anambra From 20 Years Political Stagnation / Stabilise Naira, Stop Blame Game On Emefiele, Ohanaeze Youths Tackle Cardoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.