Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,967 members, 7,845,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (53924 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by angelo5uk(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
A NEW WORD HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE DICTIONARY."KAITA" A MAN WHO SINGLE HANDEDLY HINDERED
THE HOPE OF HIS COUNTRY FOR REASON BEST KNOWN TO HIM. "KAITA" CAN BE
USE IN PLACE OF WORDS LIKE JEOPARDY, HINDER, SABOTAGE, DISRUPT,
ANTAGONIST, FOOL ETC. EXAMPLES ARE DON'T KAITA WHAT WE HAVE BEEN
, BUILDING FOR 11 YRS IN ONE DAY, HAS YOUR BRAIN GONE KAITAS? , FOR YOUR TO STEAL MY PENCIL, YOU MUST BE AN AGENT OF KAITA, PLZ DON'T BE A KAITA E.T.C.

[b][/b]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by eros(m): 6:02pm On Jun 17, 2010
ceejay80s:

obviously between dem self there is no peace in the camp,all players get grudges angainst them self,mikel go call taiwo and tell am say i no tell u,we no fit play with small kids,taiye taiwo go lie say e wan go see him doctor,.from there e go go see mikel,mikel go call kano, tell me why nigeria official no dey after winning but for their own pocket, imagine 200 house of rep,72 nfa chairmen from each state,nigerian player23, the ashewo wey the house of rep carry go south africa is about 23 just to watch nigerian 1st match in south africa, that mean nigeia dey empty

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
shockreaction:

The Nigerians only need to win by a single goal IF (and that's a big IF) Argentina wins Greece without conceding any goal.
there is a better chance of me wining the lottery than that happening
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by alldone(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
This is so bad, but lars should have answer to this.
lost of confidence cost us the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by hbrednic: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
go eagles go  grin
all hope is not lost  tongue
[i][/i]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by GAR3TH(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2010
NIGERIA still has a chance,  Argentina [b]will [/b]beat Greece 10- 0 and nigeria can beat south korea by two goals to advance, so its not over,

But how the hell did OBASI miss that open goal, i was on the edge of my seat during that drive,  EPIC FAIL obasi, it would had mad the score 2:1 Nigeria angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2010
No
Nigeria are on -2
Greece are on -1

If Greece lose by a goal margin, they go down to -2
if we win by a goal margin, we go up to -1    

u confused?

You are right. I forgot Greece lost by a 2 goal margin

Argentina 3points +4
Greece 3 points -1
Korea 3 points -1
Nigeria 0points -2.

Any win qualifies us as long as Greece loses
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2010
MY GOD,

WHEN DID HAUSA START PLAYIN' FOOTBALL SEF?!!!

DEN 4 USE KOBOKO FLOG KAITA N HARUNA HEAD OUT OF DAT FIELD!!!!!!

I WONDER IF THEY KNOW WHAT THE TERM MIDFIELDER IS!

BUNCH OF, LEMME NOR TALK!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ceejay80s(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
every body even the officials are after money, the player the fight among them selves, the coach wey no know anybody na money him dey after, why the aboki kaita kick person inside field?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
cultey:

MY GOD,

garba lawal and tijani babangida must have not being from the north.

stop with the hate people.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Liedetect: 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
  ah dey obassimiss wetin people dey tok e no dey make Kaita to me  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by gadogado(m): 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
pls pls pls and pls STOP PUTTING ALL THE BLAME ON KAITA. FIRSTLY, HE DIDNT INTENTIONALLY TRY TO ATTACK THE GREEK PLAYER. IF YOU LOOK WELL, THE GREEK PLAYER PUSHED HIM AND THAT WAS AN INNOCENT REFLEX, HE DIDNT EVEN TOUCH HIM, THE GREEK PLAYER FLEW TO THE GROUND 10 SECONDS AFTER KAITA HAD DROPPED HIS FOOT. THERE WAS NO CONTACT, THE GREEK HOWEVER PUSHED KAITA ON THE CHEST WITH THE BALL.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by redsun(m): 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
You guys think nigeria is a failed state for nothing,nothing works in a failed state,including sports.

Watch out for ghana,they are on the role.Ghana play like a country that is beginning to grasp the meaning of nationhood in africa,they play with dignity and with the dire zeal to win and make their nation proud.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by chakula: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
Warning - while you were typing 205 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.  shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by SisiKill1: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
The surprise here is not that they lost, it's that people really expected them to win. . . I'm sorry oh but are you people HIGH on cow dunk!!!!!

Other countries had their team members in the country, practicing months before the tournament, your Nigerian team members stroll in at the last min like the other teams are there to sell groundnut. Nonsense!!

You guys don't have a national team, you have a bunch of people wearing the same jerseys, running around the field like headless chickens.

Don't blame the coach, the best coach in the world can't train people who aren't there.

Don't blame Kaita because shite happens.

Blame everyone on the team because they thought they could do this half-assed like they do everything else in this god forsaken country.

From the moment the scored the first goal, I knew they were gonna lose because Nigerians have a tendency to relax when they are ahead. . . it's barely 30mins into the game and you relax like you've won already? Who does that?!! Stupid lots!

Gooooooo GHANA!!!!

PS
No amount of prayers is gonna help them, so just get ready to roll out the welcome back home carpet.

Once again. . . GOOOOOOO GHAAAAAAAANA!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2010
dayokanu:

You are right. I forgot Greece lost by a 2 goal margin

Argentina 3points +4
Greece 3 points -1
Korea 3 points -1
Nigeria 0points -2.

Any win qualifies us as long as Greece loses
but can we beat Korea?
what do u think of that miss by Obasi?
now i believe some of our players have offended the gods of their villages

why should it be our players that will be missing such opportunities
Maicon scored a goal that was not meant to enter the net. just a simple tap in for us, the ball flew to the other side

i don tire abeg

That Kaita boi na oloshi and why didnt martins play?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by DaddyO(m): 6:09pm On Jun 17, 2010
Guys, please anger and anguish aside, don't forget we are the GIANTS of Africa oo!! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ceejay80s(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
una no hear wetin yobo talk after the match , e say dem put inexperience players with dem, una no read news paper? asazie say e go play selfish game
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by gadogado(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
abeg watch again, it was nothing but reflex action by kaita! nothing intentional! i understand people are angry and looking for a scapegoat. but the ref is an idiot and kaita's action was natural reflex after the greek player displayed aggression by pushing him like he was about to fight poor kaita.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2010
Other countries had their team members in the country, practicing months before the tournament, your Nigerian team members stroll in at the last min like the other teams are there to sell groundnut. Nonsense!!
tell us the teams that practised for months in their countries
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ziga: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
Kaita was reckless and his mistake cost us the match.

Besides that (prejudice aside), i think kaita plays well enough, and that explains why our midfield crumbled right after he was sent off.

We need more discipline in our team.

Also, fitness of many of the players seems to be a problem.

Truthfully, we don't have a strong team, and we don't deserve to go beyond the 1st round.

Lars lagerback could have gotten better results, but no matter how much u try, you cant cut grass well enough with a blunt cutlass.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by astuto: 6:12pm On Jun 17, 2010
Kaita is an idiot. Why does Lagerback keep putting that Bastard? is he getting bribe? or are they lovers? angry angry angry

that said, did u guys see Obasi? is that guy for real? he was so negatively different today. i neva see.
Shittu tried, but in the last 15 minutes he tuned off
Haba. where pesin go stop?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Mayoks(m): 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
useless boyz
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by jalether(m): 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
Boy o boy, that's all I can say for now
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Amhatu(m): 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

The surprise here is not that they lost, it's that people really expected them to win. . . I'm sorry oh but are you people HIGH on cow dunk!!!!!

You guys don't have a national team, you have a bunch of people wearing the same jerseys, running around the field like headless chickens.

Don't blame the coach, the best coach in the world can't train people who aren't there.

Don't blame Kaita because shite happens.

Blame everyone on the team because they thought they could do this half-assed like they do everything else in this god forsaken country.

From the moment the scored the first goal, I knew they were gonna lose because Nigerians have a tendency to relax when they are ahead. . . it's barely 30mins into the game and you relax like you've won already? Who does that?!! silly lots!

Gooooooo GHANA!!!!

PS
No amount of prayers is gonna help them, so just get ready to roll out the welcome back home carpet.

Once again. . . GOOOOOOO GHAAAAAAAANA!!!

@ Sisi_Kill >> it is only the corrupt in Circles of Power.  The Nigerian Premier Leauge Teams (2) Heartland FC, Kano Pillars, are are among and ranked the best in africa. So please stop Generalizing Nigerians because of NFF mistakes!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
I honestly believe this result is goodnews for Nigerian football, I will say in details why when the emotions are less.

But Sani Lulu and co should get ready to hand in their resignation letter in South Africa after the South Korea match because surely we are going home on that day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ziga: 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
12large:

ziegla your a bASTAR.D how did keita played well from day 1 i knew keita was useless`

Na ur papa papas papa be baS.tard. Oloshi radarada!!! angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
@ Sisi_Kill >> it is only the corrupt in Circles of Power.  The Nigerian Premier Leauge Teams (2) Heartland FC, Kano Pillars, are are among and ranked the best in africa. So please stop Generalizing Nigerians because of NFF mistakes!

we have been shouting NFF everytime

what exactly did NFF do wrong?
i want to know now now now
cos this din about NFF is getting too much

was it NFF that missed that goal?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by audacious: 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
cultey:

MY GOD,

Like sey na aboki miss one on one with goal keeper and the other miss open net! Abi na aboki sit down for ground inside his 18yard box while keeping an oposition player onside and proceeded to watch as that player scored the second goal.

Keita messed up but we had our chance to take the lead, that was blown by Yakubu and Obasi!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
shockreaction:

The Nigerians only need to win by a single goal IF (and that's a big IF) Argentina wins Greece without conceding any goal.

with this spirit those guys are not gonna win korea period. this eagles lack the fighting spirit typical of super eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
una try sha. me i no sabi the name of any of our players apart from yobo and enyeama. who is shittu ? who is yakubu ? who is kaita ? ohh and i know kanu and okocha.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
only largerbeer knows why martins didn't play.

i wonder if utaka,kanu and ideye brown are really part of the team or extra members of the supporters club

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (53) (Reply)

Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match / Ahmadu Bello Way, Abuja Was Shutdown To Watch Nigeria Vs Iceland / Taribo West And His Flamboyant Hairstyle (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.