Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Introduction To Html : Meaning, Uses, Tags And Your 1st Webpage. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Introduction To Html : Meaning, Uses, Tags And Your 1st Webpage. (317 Views)

How To Add Progressive Web Apps(pwa) To Html / I Can Do PSD To HTML Conversion / New And Easy Way To Convert Webpage To Pdf Files On Chrome In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Introduction To Html : Meaning, Uses, Tags And Your 1st Webpage. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2018
HTML is a computer scripting (now and again individuals confuse it for a programming language, Note: it's not a programming language, it's a web language, a markup language) language used to for sites creation.
These sites would then be able to be seen by any other individual associated with the Internet(i.e when the site becomes hosted).
It is easy to learn, with the nuts and bolts being available to the vast majority in one sitting; and quite powerful in what it enables you to create.
It is continually experiencing amendment and advancement to meet the requests and necessities of the developing Internet gathering of people under the heading of the association created for outlining and keeping up the language.

Hope You're Cleared?, or you have completely comprehended what html is? If no Drop your issues in the comment section.
The full meaning of HTML is HyperText Markup Language.

HyperText is the technique by which you move around on the web ā€” by tapping on extraordinary content called hyperlinks(these are writings which are actually links, hyperlinks are utilized to shroud interfaces or pass on a specific message, shed more data of that text) which convey you to the following page in the event that you click the text.
The word "hyper" just implies it isn't direct ā€” i.e. you can go to wherever on the Internet at whatever point you need by tapping on links.
Markup is what HTML tags do to the content inside them. They check it as a specific sort of content (italicised text, for instance).
HTML is a Language, as it has code-words and sentence structure like some other languages.
How can it function?
HTML comprises of a write up of codes typed into a text editor, then saved with an extension of .html by the site creator or developer ā€” these are the tags.
The content is then saved as a html file, and viewed through a browser, like Internet Explorer, Chrome and so on (The purpose of a web browsers (like Internet Explorer) is to read HTML documents and display them as web pages. The browser does not display the HTML tags, but uses the tags to interpret the content of the page). This program reads the document and makes an interpretation of the content into an obvious frame, ideally rendering the page as the creator had planned. Composing your own particular HTML involves utilizing tags effectively to make your vision. You can utilize anything from a simple word processor to a ground-breaking graphical manager to make HTML pages.

HTML Example
<html>
<body>
<h1>Learning With Wowfactororg</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph</p>
</body>
</html>
HTML Tags

HTML markup tags are Popularly called HTML tags
HTML tags are keywords surrounded by angle brackets like <html>HTML tags normally come in pairs like <b> and </b>
The first tag in a pair is the start tag<>, the second tag is the end tag</>
Start and end tags are also called opening tags<> and closing tags</>.

Building Your First Web Page :

Creating Your Own first Web
If you want to create a test web on your own computer, just copy the statement below
<html>
<body>
<h1>My First Heading</h1>
<p>My first paragraph</p>
</body>
</html>
Paste in a text editor and save with an extension, wowfactororg.html
Then, go to the file manager (or where you stored it) and click it.
There you go!! Your first webpage!
Kindly drop your problems in the comment section, will be attended to immediately.!

follow us for more informations on web development, tho we'll be posting it here.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Internship Opportunity / Saftware Training / How Iā€™m Making N12, 000 Per Content On My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.