Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? (39089 Views)

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by Ovamboland(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2018
knowledgeable:

I really think the ethnic group you represent, will face extinction first before the Igbos. I don't think Igbo population have entered into the very first phase of extinction protocol like some groups in the middle belt. You and I fully understand that Nigeria under this present structure can never develop to transform into a modern industrialized society commonly obtainable in different parts of earth.This election time appeasement policies towards the SW is a stratagic move to isolate the SW from the SE/SS. Igbos should not worry at all because those ethnic/religious driven policies will continue to bury Nigeria like it has being doing for the last 50 plus years .

They used political appointments and promise of second Niger bridge to isolate SE from voting out gej in 2015, and they fell for the scam. Now concrete and verifiable projects are been used to entice the SW and you expect them to reject it for uncertainty?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by weyreypey: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2018
kusimore:
Your president deserves knocks you have no manners,always criticizing people whereas if they are the one they won't do anything.

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by oluwasegun007(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2018
Abeg, how much is a plot of land in ibadan,

It's time to live in IB and work in lasgidi.

4 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by FRESHG(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2018
BULLHARY IS A TERRORIST angry
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by escandon(m): 11:10am On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:
Locomotive tracks in 2018... talk about ultra backwardness
lol but what if there no track in 2018 I guess that's not forwardness

1 Like

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by olas24u(f): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2018
farem:

Tell them
a country must have a national railway policy.

1 Like

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by begwong: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2018
Elections by the corner. Though APC WILL BE LOOSING!
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by LaudableXX: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:
How does this help atone for the metro rail cancelled by Buhari despite still paying the full amount? He deserves knocks. Not kudo
The proposed Lagos metro rail line project, that was initiated by the government of Alhaji Lateef Jakande, was cancelled by Buhari in 1983, long before you were born. sad What do you now want people to do? Go back and flog Buhari to resurrect it? shocked That project was expected to cost $60 million USD, at that time. How much do you think it would cost now? Why can't you people look towards the future, and stop looking backwards?

At least, the Lagos-Ibadan railway line is on track. undecided Let everyone focus on that for now.... Right now, Ambode and his team are currently constructing the Lagos rail line called the The Blue Line which will be 27km long, connecting Okokomaiko to Marina at a cost of $1.2 billion USD. So it will be a win-win situation for Lagos in the next few years.

9 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by holluphemydavid(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
accolades ko,uhulades ni tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by usmee(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
Don't say what you don't know, these are standard gauge rail tracks which are widely used worldwide. The previous raillines we have a narrow gauge.

weyreypey:

3 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by ehispapa(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
dodelight:

Hmmm...
Though I'm not sure about that. How are you sure it's not a light rail project?
Did they anywhere say it's a locomotive train?
Just curious.

Mr there is no way they can use light rail in Nigeria. which electricity are they going to use? lets not deceive ourselves
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by ojootaru: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
See Contact Addresses of Top Construction Companies in Nigeria

These companies are mostly involved in the setup of road, building, electrical,mechanical and water projects.

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by LaudableXX: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2018
Ovamboland:
They used political appointments and promise of second Niger bridge to isolate SE from voting out gej in 2015, and they fell for the scam. Now concrete and verifiable projects are been used to entice the SW and you expect them to reject it for uncertainty?
Don't mind them. They cannot think deeply. undecided I wish those projects were being constructed in the middle-belt. They would have gotten different votes. But as it is now, no one over there is ready to vote for them.

3 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by bewla(m): 11:20am On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:

Start with Buhari resignation and relocation back to daura.
Nigeria is working Ipob are wailing afonja are dance north is on fire I love this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by Engrdan(m): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2018
Let them deceived you with pictures from paapalanto track laying.
what happened to inside forest where the track is planned to pass through, I speak, they have not done much in Abeokuta through Ibadan. December is 6 month away.FG we are eagerly waiting ooo, we no want story ooo
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by jmaine: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2018
theenchanter:
why don't u research d reason he cancelled d metro line on ur own before littering d cyber space with ur ignorance? And who d F told u he paid full amount?

You feel everyone is as silly as your BMC lot ?

The lagos metro rail was cancelled for silly parochial reasons and nothing more. Get out of here.
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by slowice(m): 11:23am On Jun 22, 2018
Pesin carry last dem say make we give am accolade
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by Positivepoint(m): 11:23am On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:

was thinking u would say its GEJ project.

2 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by honor4me: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:

Locomotive train in 2018 deserves no kudo
Travel the world and see for yourself. Google it if you can’t but locomotive is still being used even in most advanced countries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by COMPAQ(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2018
While they might deserve some kudos, laying rail tracks doesn't seem to be that complicated. From one of the pictures, it looks like they are laying it one length (about 15meters) at a time, because the track has been pre frabricated on the concrete support which goes across it.

Kinda like doing interlocking roads, which is fairly quick to lay.

Hope the project ends on schedule though and is well utilized though. If FG plans to manage the whole tracks and rail service itself, we have already failed!!!
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by fasterwell(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2018
dodelight:
Inspired by Jonathan's minister of work's achievement, Amaechi knows some people will surely laugh at him if he has nothing to show at the end of the day. Kudos anyways!

If u check well u will realise that Ameachi is the real MR PROJECT in Rivers State. He knows how to deliver very well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by theenchanter: 11:29am On Jun 22, 2018
jmaine:

You feel everyone is as silly as your BMC lot ?

The lagos metro rail was cancelled for silly parochial reasons and nothing more. Get out of here.
are u crazy or something, what dafuq is BMC

Parochial reasons my blue arse, both u n that wereypey are insane.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by jibs4lv(m): 11:31am On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:

You are blessed
he's not blessed yet even you , untill you people see the truth and say it is when you are blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by Truthcat: 11:32am On Jun 22, 2018
No, the Fg does not deserve accolades, it's made for the election and it's my money. Unlike Jonathan, Buhari is smart and knows his chance is slim in 2019 in the SW, so had to actually do something. That area should have been a Dubai if halt of the money made on that route alone is invested back into the area and not taken to the north, Chad and Niger republic, something regionalism or Omoluabi republic will achieve.
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by jmaine: 11:35am On Jun 22, 2018
theenchanter:
are u crazy or something, what dafuq is BMC

Parochial reasons my blue arse, both u n that wereypey are insane.

The only insane person here is you arguing blindly. I am not in support of Werepey rants but i wont see aimless folks like you seek to paint brush lies as truth without a challenge.

E no go work.
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by Reference(m): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2018
Nice one.
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by theenchanter: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2018
jmaine:

The only insane person here is you arguing blindly. I am not in support of Werepey rants but i wont see aimless folks like you seek to paint brush lies as truth without a challenge.

E no go work.
where did u see me argue on this thread? Hope all is well with u sha?

2 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by CoolAmbience(m): 11:44am On Jun 22, 2018
dodelight:
Despite the fact that I'm no fan of Rotimi Amaechi, he is the only minister that's actually working hard in this administration. He actually wishes Buhari has something to point as achievement by 2019, but sorry for him, his boss doesn't have administrative success in his DNA.

Leave where you are and move around.

It would be laughable to say that this administration has not achieved.

Just sit down one day and process the economic gains that stems from cutting down rice importation by over 70% alone, from foreign exchange savings to improving farmer earnings and food security.

Let's not talk of the massive investments in road, bridge, rail and power projects. Have you asked yourself why the foreign reserve balance is increasing as against what the situation was even while we were in a period of boom?

3 Likes

Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by Killdemall: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2018
We dont want fast pace that will kill people
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by jmaine: 11:47am On Jun 22, 2018
theenchanter:
where did u see me argue on this thread? Hope all is well with u sha?

Your first post was what trying to counter someone ? Are you sick ?
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by geezynoni: 11:51am On Jun 22, 2018
weyreypey:
Semi ultra backwardness
Re: Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades? by Kylekent59: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2018
What accolades?
We should stop being mediocre in this country. For good sake his work is to ensure that there are good roads, electricity, and other amenities.

No wonder we are still underdeveloped. Even when the dead Nigerians rise to life they would be surprised seeing the state of this county.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.