Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,101 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

N282.7 Million UBA Fraud: Absence Of Witness Stalls Oil Marketer’s Trial - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N282.7 Million UBA Fraud: Absence Of Witness Stalls Oil Marketer’s Trial (289 Views)

₦‎3.7 Million 'Dissappears' From Customer's Account In Ecobank / Absence Of Subpoenaed Witness Stalls Trial Of Banker Who Indicted, Ngozi Ekeoma / Chuky Ezenwa Celebrates Birthday With N2.7 Million Empowerment For Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N282.7 Million UBA Fraud: Absence Of Witness Stalls Oil Marketer’s Trial by Nairatrend: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
The trial of Frank Karkitie, an oil marketer, charged with defrauding UBA of N282.7 million was stalled on Thursday following the absence of a prosecution witness.

Mr Karkitie is being tried alongside his company, Enegas Power Ltd, Dawodu Sheriff and Ogbemudia Benson.

The defendants are facing a six-count charge bordering on conspiracy to obtain money by false pretences, obtaining money by false pretences, conspiracy to commit forgery and forgery.

Vera Agboje, the lead counsel for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), informed the court that the witness, who was expected to testify, was writing a postgraduate examination at the University of Lagos.

“My lord, I called the witness which I had prepared for this trial yesterday and he said he would be having his postgraduate examination today.

“He said the examination will be conducted from 9am to 12pm. My humble application before the court is for a stand-down to enable my witness to attend trial,” the counsel said.

Following the development, Justice Josephine Oyefeso, adjourned the case until Sept. 18 for continuation of trial.

According to the EFCC, the defendants on April 14, 2014 in Lagos conspired to obtain money by false pretences from UBA.

https://nairatrend.com.ng/n282-7-million-uba-fraud-absence-of-witness-stalls-oil-marketers-trial/

Re: N282.7 Million UBA Fraud: Absence Of Witness Stalls Oil Marketer’s Trial by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
OK
Re: N282.7 Million UBA Fraud: Absence Of Witness Stalls Oil Marketer’s Trial by GOFRONT(m): 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
Chaii
Re: N282.7 Million UBA Fraud: Absence Of Witness Stalls Oil Marketer’s Trial by Nairatrend: 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
GOFRONT:
Chaii

(1) (Reply)

Download 20 Million Of It Now! / All Process Print & Package / Fresh Crisis Hits Wema Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.