Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed (8877 Views)

Urgent Vacancy - Finance Interns / Internship Vacancy At Mercy Corps For Graduate Finance Interns | Apply Now!!! / Finance Interns Recruitment At Management Sciences For Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed by latestupdate: 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
WaterAid Nigeria is mid- way into its 2016-2021 country programme strategy which sets a 5 year building block towards delivering a more influencing led programme over a 15-year horizon. This new country strategy rather than reflect a progression from previous country programme strategies, outlines key shifts in focus required to catalyse change and achieve maximum impact for our work in Nigeria.

Details:

Finance & Information Technology department Intern
Finance & Information Technology department.

JOB PURPOSE:
The idea behind the internship is to create the opportunity for learning and development targeting young professionals. With the exposure gained and skills developed through work in an international development organization, we would be building a crop of professionals with experience directly relevant to the international development or which can easily be applied in careers in other professional sectors.

Cash management

Ensure accuracy, security and documentation of petty cash and cash receipts. Be the custodian of office petty cash.
Ensure that petty cash is maintained at agreed minimum levels through collection of cash from bank when required.
Support in postings of transactions into SUN, Vision and other systems/ templates.
Support in monthly reconciliations, remittances and payments.
Filing and documentation

Support in management and keeping of accounting records, files and other documentation.
Stamp “paid” on all paid payment vouchers and supporting documents
Support the process to ensure accurate and adequate documentation and recording of WaterAid Nigeria income and expenditures.
Support in internal controls
Send monthly update to staff on status of staff advances
Reconcile and explain all outstanding balance on staff debtor and creditor account.
Support in partner financial management
Support in processing of partner funds transfer
Other roles as may be assigned.

Needed Skills / Abilities / Personal Qualities

Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.

Attention to details-Ability to follow precise procedures and complete routine tasks/activities without errors

Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.

Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.

Judgment and Decision Making — Ability to use information and determine best fit option relative to costs and benefits of potential actions to determine most appropriate one option

Initiative — willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.

Written and Oral Expression — Excellent ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will easily understand.

Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others; Keen sense and appreciation of priorities and deadlines

Flexibility-Ability to adapt to difficult situations (e.g. unforeseen change in context)

For more information and application, click here

https://ukaid.org/2018/06/21/job-openings-at-water-aid-nigeria-finance-and-it-intern-needed/

1 Like

Re: Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed by lovelove2323: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed by Emmy9ite(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2018
Good great!

If you need all job test questions and answers, holla at my signature..
Re: Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed by BoverLY: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2018
make I call all my guys who is ready to work.
Re: Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed by abdulbnyusuf(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2018
IT & FINANCE? Who will now apply? Someone that read Computer Science or someone that read Accounting? Cuz I don't know if we have people that read both

1 Like

Re: Job Openings At WATER-AID Nigeria. IT And Finance Interns Needed by udokpuenyi(m): 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
abdulbnyusuf:
IT & FINANCE? Who will now apply? Someone that read Computer Science or someone that read Accounting? Cuz I don't know if we have people that read both

I have both; BSc (Computer science) and recently decided to test my brain if it still working optimally; by going for ACA (ICAN). Though I can't take 1-year contract job, but I can confess that when you have a deep background in ICT and suddenly get exposed to accounting and finance, So many things will become clearer to you on how the business cycle works.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mainone Cable Company Latest Job Recruitment (12 Positions) / How To Apply For Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Robert Bosch Nigeria Limited / Npower: How You Will Be Paid (those With Payment Issues)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.