Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods (26508 Views)

Robber Begs Woman For Forgiveness After Killing Her Husband In Rivers. Photos / Driver Arrested While Trying To Return Stolen Iphone 10 To Get N100K. Photos / Driver Arrested While Urinating In A Bush, Charged To Court For Conspiracy. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Letenwam: 5:56am On Jun 22, 2018
The Lagos State Police command have arrested a factory driver, Dominic Nege, for reportedly stealing goods valued at N10.3m.

The driver's trouble began on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, when he was sent to deliver 143 crates of beer at Bonny Camp, Victoria Island, Lagos. The suspect reportedly switched off his phone and diverted the goods which belonged to Rabel Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of International Breweries.

All efforts to locate him proved abortive and the case was reported to the police. Parading the suspect, the state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi said operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad arrested the suspect in Benue State.

He said, “Efforts to arrest the suspect paid off on Monday, June 11, 2018, when he was traced to Makurdi, Benue State. During interrogation, the suspect led detectives to the Sangotedo area of Ibeju Lekki, where the Mitsubushi truck, with number plate, JJJ 873 XJ, was abandoned after he had disposed of the goods.”

It was gathered that when Nege’s employer checked his profile, it was discovered that he falsified the information he gave, including that of his guarantor. The driver who confessed to the crime, said he lost his peace after diverting the goods.

“I was arrested inside a church in Benue State. I was in the church to pray for forgiveness and confess to the pastor because I did not have peace of mind.

“I sold the crates of drink by going to people’s shops. I told them that the company had organised a promo. I sold one crate of beer, which cost N1,900, for N1,800. But those who bought five crates were given one extra crate.

“So people showed interest and ordered for some crates on credit. I even gave a man about 89 crates of beer on credit. He later paid me N30,000" he said.

Also confirming the arrest of the driver, his boss Jacob Audu, said he employed the suspect out of pity.

He said, “We asked him to transfer products from one of our warehouses to another one. After about three hours, we didn’t see him. We suspected something was wrong and reported to the police.

“I helped him because we are from the same state. Despite what he has done, I will continue to help people. He is just another confused young Nigerian that thinks that stealing is the best way to the top. But if he gets out of the system with a reformed mind, I can still give him a second chance. But for now, he should be charged to court as a deterrent to others.”

https://lailasnews.com/driver-arrested-while-praying-for-forgiveness-after-stealing-n10m-goods/

Lalasticlala

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Viralkid: 5:59am On Jun 22, 2018
Why the hell is he smiling like he's now forgiven

30 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Samusu(m): 6:14am On Jun 22, 2018
Viralkid:

Yes na, him don pray for forgiveness.

23 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Mutemenot(m): 6:33am On Jun 22, 2018
cheesy Yooper menh.

4 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by GistmoreNG: 6:48am On Jun 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by PrincessB1(f): 6:54am On Jun 22, 2018
And he said "I was in a church to pray for forgiveness and confess to the pastor because I did not have peace of mind" undecided

Where goeth your conscience before?

5 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Blackfire(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
Wait o, wait o...

Is he smiling?

2 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Beno3: 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
Lol, grin I know that the girl he had in mind to impress has long, answered her father's name. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by seekier(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
And he's even smiling grin
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by seekier(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
A thief is always a thief give them second chance at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by jojo1415: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
He has bin forgiven alleluhya!!!
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
Samusu:

Yes na, him don pray for forgiveness.

LOL
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by bennynaza(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
How is one truckload of 1900k a crate beer worth 10 million?

15 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by 400billionman: 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
grin doing business out of pity

3 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by sunday478(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
Will Nigerians give Buhari second chance just like the owner of the goods?.
Get your PVC

3 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by GreatOlu1: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
With the way our policemen track people nowadays ehn, u will think they have advanced in technology. grin

3 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by malcom2x(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
Viralkid:

That's his normal face

1 Like

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
sad
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Benblaq(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
SHARIA LAW people shebi una dey see ??
Forgiveness dey the oga mind, but like they say, a little punishment makes a difference.
Instead of to cut person finger (argh) . Just be like this victims' boss.

NEXT!

3 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
"falsified the information he gave, including that of his guarantor", stole and sold goods worth over 10m.........

This is a high risk person that will likely repeat the crime if given another opportunity. sad

2 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by BabaCommander: 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
The employer is a big man with a Large heart. May God replenish him abundantly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by anibirelawal(m): 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2018
cheesy Smiling and suffering.
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by eaglez(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
More reason y companies should run a background check on all their members of staff to ascertain the authenticity of what was submitted, should you need one to be done professionally for any company,please do check my signature.
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by mikel504(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
i wonder see gbeke ....... no worry your smiling will turn to early crying........ call me meeky
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
BabaCommander:
which big man?

He employed incompetent hand to do a job because the person is from his village or state and even bragged about helping people (still employing villagers I guess), he is not a good manager and should be sacked for putting the company's goods at risk.

God can not bless such men for doing bad to an organisation.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by blowjob: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
DAT WHY GOD HIMSELVE,HATE NIGERIANS..... grin grin...THIS IS NIGERIA.... grin grin
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by dreamworld: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
Yoruba Muslim global ventures
grin
Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by AgentGoat: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
bennynaza:
How is one truckload of 1900k a crate beer worth 10 million?

That's why we dey fear bloggers.

2 Likes

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Psoul(m): 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
BabaCommander:

Big man and large heart on top anoda man's business.

Hear the truth. The man will tell police to torture the guy so very well so that he will learn his lesson. He may even secretly make sure the boy is jailed.

I see bitterness and anger behind that man's sweet words.
He just said what he said so that their village pple -(as the thief is from same village with him)- will not believe he is the one punishing his brother.

1 Like

Re: Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods by Tarzan360(m): 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
Small thief compare to fashola, amechi or lie Mohamed even bubu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ / Drunk soldiers kill three, injure five on Lagos border community / Air Force Officer Impostor Held In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.