Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ (26508 Views)

14-Year-Old Delta Girl Commits Suicide Over Failed Relationship With Boyfriend / UNILAG Microbiology Student Commits Suicide Over Failed Courses (photo) / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29
A Young Female Student at the Federal Polytechnic Mubi, Adamawa State, Jamima Shetima Balami, has reportedly taken her own life.

The 24-Year-Old was a National Diploma II student of Mass Communication and was about to complete her Industrial Training (IT) at Adamawa Television (ATV) in Yola at the time of her death.

Balami, who hailed from Garkida Gombi, was reportedly found dead at her residence in Vinikilang, also known as Hayin Gada, in the Girei Local Government Area of the state.

It is believed that she ingested a substance suspected to be rat poison.

According to reports, Balami’s boyfriend, said to be a university lecturer, asked her to end their relationship, which may have been a contributing factor to her decision to take her own life.

The father of the deceased reported the matter to the police, and the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Suleiman Yahaya Nguroje, confirmed the incident to Daily Trust on Monday.

He explained that the matter had been reported in two different versions, but the police have promised to investigate the matter thoroughly to determine the true cause of the young woman’s death.

Source: https://dailytrust.com/female-student-commits-suicide-over-failed-relationship/

5 Likes

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29
Instead Of Taking Your Life, Talk To US Here

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by JasonScoolari: 2:26pm On Jan 29
Proper investigation should be carried out thoroughly... I don't think a 24yrs old would be this foolish to end her life when men surplus.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by 10mobile: 2:43pm On Jan 29
Bad.

Who else remembers that before 2015, suicide was extremely rare in Nigeria? I remember us cracking the joke that a Nigerian doesn't kill him/herself no matter what. But now, we hear of suicide almost every month. What changed?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Adoomadonmi(m): 3:00pm On Jan 29
Omooo

1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by pretydiva(f): 3:00pm On Jan 29
Why will I commit suicide over a failed relationship? No man is worth it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by hopeforcharles(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29
What's this na? People come and go. You never knew him from Adam so why waste your life because of him.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by TinubuThief: 3:01pm On Jan 29
shocked
One punanii down chai
Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by markidoo(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29
She's a loser
Make una no pressure that young Man, relationship no be life and death matter

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Anguldi(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29
tongue
Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by BOSSkesh(m): 3:01pm On Jan 29
Damn the guy must have been too sweet

11 Likes

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Nobleou(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29
Heart break is real but your LIFE is more important

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Starboytwo(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29
Different things na him dey do different people.

Peace.
Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by bouncin04(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29
[s][/s]
Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Solofresh2: 3:03pm On Jan 29
These girls are getting more emotional by the day.That's how this female friend of mine always want to pay the bills whenever we hang out and I do tell her we should split it before she starts getting emotional over nothing.
Your life and joy is priceless.
R.I.P to the dead

12 Likes

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by 1Alex: 3:03pm On Jan 29
Ok
Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by nairalanda1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:
Proper investigation should be carried out thoroughly... I don't think a 24yrs old would be this foolish to end her life when men surplus.

I don't think you have ever met a depressed person, or been (God forbid) depressed yourself.

And I don't wish it on you too

Also, try sometimes to comment with sensitivity and concern too. Not everything is an opportunity for sarcasm.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by dabonny(m): 3:03pm On Jan 29
Adoomadonmi:
Can't blame her I also did the same for love

This one nah incarnate or what?

6 Likes

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by theophorus(m): 3:04pm On Jan 29
Self Love is Key.
You should atleast Love yourself enough not to kill yourself because of some Fo*lish 'boy'.

Have a focus, Have a Life
Have a Purpose,
Have a Vision
Stop letting one Yeye person be your Inspiration for living.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by tayo4ng(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29
This is seriously serious

1 Like

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by marlow1962(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29
Very good
Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by DivinegiftofGod: 3:05pm On Jan 29
So every other thing was no longer important to her? Her family, her career, her future, none was promising and strong enough to prevent her from giving up? Shame!

Its so sad that this is the kind of chicken heart the society is raising.

6 Likes

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by rotadeco27: 3:06pm On Jan 29
See what Tinubu has caused again!
Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Lucasinho(m): 3:07pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:

You never sabi anything.....Love never do u strong thing before shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by yommen: 3:07pm On Jan 29
OND II student is more focused on relationship than education.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Honestey: 3:08pm On Jan 29
The guy just found out how much she cares about him but too late already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by Johilo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 29
JasonScoolari:
COMRADE, go and investigate it yourself

2 Likes

Re: Female Student Commits Suicide Over ‘Failed Relationship’ by tishbite43: 3:08pm On Jan 29
yommen:
OND II student is more focused on relationship than education.
The irony

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drunk soldiers kill three, injure five on Lagos border community / Driver Arrested While Praying For Forgiveness After Stealing N10m Goods / Air Force Officer Impostor Held In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.