Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection (12397 Views)

Using Someone Else's Phone: The Importance Of Adhering To Islamic Guidelines / Ruling On Using Drugs (marijuana) To Ease Pain / Ruling On Using Toothpaste Whilst Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by BenzEne1(m): 9:59am On Jun 22, 2018
elopee3000:
Brothers in Islam let us behead every infidel with their useless technologies let's go back to the way of Mohammed by using camel for means our our transportation also I want every brother and sister in Islam to stop using any western gadgets like tv or phone is haram,brothers and sister remember Allah's promise 72 virgings to we Muslims,

Astagfirullah for you and the other pea brained folks on this thread. Ridiculing Islam with falsehood and misunderstanding only makes you look shallow.

Read, get educated and then comment.
You lot of xtians baffle me. It's disappointing

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by thisismsworld: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2018
Lukgaf:
QUESTION:

When I turn my computer on I can find it connecting directly to the internet because one of my neighbours has an internet connection that also covers his immediate area. Is it permissible for me to use the internet in this case?

ANSWER:

Praise be to Allah
If your using the internet will not lead to increased charges for this person because of your downloading or uploading anything via the internet, and will not cause any slowdown or other problems because of increased traffic or sharing the connections, then the general meaning of tolerance between neighbours and the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said “No neighbour should prevent his neighbour from fixing a piece of wood to his wall” (narrated by al-Bukhaari (2463) and Muslim (1609)) indicates that it is permissible for you to use the internet in this case, but in order to be on the safe side it is better to ask your neighbour’s permission if you know him.

But there are some reservations concerning this issue, such as if the area is covered by more than one connection belonging to more than one neighbour, so your computer may connect to one at one time and another at another time.

There is also the issue of the losses of customers and profits incurred by the telecommunications company because of this taking advantage of neighbours’ coverage. Hence to be on the safe side it is better to sign up for your own account so that you may avoid these dubious matters..

And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak on https://islamqa.info/en/99544
NAWA O seriously i hate wen pipl pretend to be pious.....wetin concern islam wif pesin network....wats our bizness wif ur neighbours wifi....its ur choice.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Sike(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2018
I THINK THIS IS IRRELEVANCE
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by worldman(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2018
sureheaven:
Does Islam believe in science and technology?

Thought they hate western education because it’s haram. sad

FTC
because of some misguided fellow you try to rubbish other people religion may God forgive you
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by superiorOne: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2018
Please what is Islamic ruling on using of MTN or Glo to browse?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by benswagtt(m): 10:07am On Jun 22, 2018
elopee3000:
Brothers in Islam let us behead every infidel with their useless technologies let's go back to the way of Mohammed by using camel for means our our transportation also I want every brother and sister in Islam to stop using any western gadgets like tv or phone is haram,brothers and sister remember Allah's promise 72 virgings to we Muslims,
Does this one have sense?
*just wondering*

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by tartar9(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2018
uyplus:
[s]This religion is funny! I wonder how it's followers cope! To me this is unbearable! Does Islam believe in western education? Ordinary birth control na haram. ISIS, Boko Haram, Taliban fighters, Yemen militias, Al-shabab fighter, Hamas, and the wahabbis are the real Moslems! Any peace loving Moslem isn't truly a Muslim! Abeg to hell with whoever creates this disgusting threads every Friday![/s]
If you don't like the thread,simply take it down na...its that simple.
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by MKO4ever(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2018
Jabioro:
I'm not here to learn English... I'm here to put it straight as it is as what you people has been told,and your people has been fighting for... what's is the meaning of 'Boko Haram' do not come here to rant just accept your faith as it is

I guess you don't have answer to my question, but let me repeat it "Which of the Islamic rule exactly are you referring to? Is it Quran that is purely against western education or where did you get the rule from"?
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by creedencity(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2018
whatever you say is to your pocket, can't believe you have to lie that you believe in Allah before tou comment on this thread.
more so the thread aint for you so why d headache.

well to answer your myopic minds...
algorithm is the backbone of every computing which was created by a Muslim.
a little research will do u a great good before u utter trash from your degenerating minds and brains

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by begwong: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2018
Adeoba10:
A thread created for muslim brothers and sisters, 100% of the comments (hatred) are coming from the Christians. By Sunday they will be preaching tolerance.
YOU ARE A LIER!
BEFORE ANYONE COMMENT HERE HE/SHE IS CONVERTED TO ISLAM SO NA LEARNED MUSLIMS AGAINST THE UNLEARNED THAT A COMMENTING HERE SO DON'T ACCUSE ANY OTHER RELIGION OF MAKING ANY COMMENT HERE.
Ma_sallam! ✈✈�

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2018
begwong:

YOU ARE A LIER!
BEFORE ANYONE COMMENT HERE HE/SHE IS CONVERTED TO ISLAM SO NA LEARNED MUSLIMS AGAINST THE UNLEARNED THAT A COMMENTING HERE SO DON'T ACCUSE ANY OTHER RELIGION OF MAKING ANY COMMENT HERE.
Ma_sallam! ✈✈�
you must be very stupid
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 22, 2018
sureheaven:

FTC
Wheres your proof?
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by betonnaira: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2018
Na wow oh
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Egein(m): 10:37am On Jun 22, 2018
LMFAO!!! With these people, there's always a ruling.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Mekanus(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Is there anything you terrorist motherfuckers don't have a ruling on? Hypocritic religitards.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by 8kingz(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2018
sureheaven:

FTC
People like you don't comment geniuely, who told you islam is against science when the Quran itself is full of science discoveries....stop believing terrorists who are not even muslims to start with

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by 8kingz(m): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2018
superiorOne:
Please what is Islamic ruling on using of MTN or Glo to browse?
The islamic ruling on it is that you can use any network to browse so long you are paying for the service and the money gotten by the company is not used on haram e.g. funding terrorism, gay marriage...
Islam is A COMPLETE WAY OF LIFE

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by mrMeen(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2018
Noblefirstlady:
Why not leave them to comment on there own topic for God sake let be sincere with ourselves who is looking for trouble u hardly see them on a Christian thread they haven't even commented but you all have started why.
despite the oath at the beginning of the page they do not dessist letter on they will be claiming victims.
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by OneTeslim(m): 11:16am On Jun 22, 2018
iPopAlomo:
I'm a Muslim and this question is ridiculous... what happened to using ones discretion and logic... what happened to one getting his own ISP...

There is never a ruling on using a neighbor's Wi-Fi... never!!!

you lot make Islam a laughing stock... as most Muslim can't use their brain without asking for a ruling and it's becoming very obscure...

God bless you
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Adeoba10(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2018
begwong:

YOU ARE A LIER!
Ma_sallam! ✈✈�
� � �
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by eluquenson(m): 11:59am On Jun 22, 2018
This hate comments from the pagans show one of the problems we are faced with in Nigeria.

Religious bigotry.

It is well with us

Allah knows best

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Baker77: 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
iPopAlomo:
I'm a Muslim and this question is ridiculous... what happened to using ones discretion and logic... what happened to one getting his own ISP...

There is never a ruling on using a neighbor's Wi-Fi... never!!!

you lot make Islam a laughing stock... as most Muslim can't use their brain without asking for a ruling and it's becoming very obscure...
Do you know they're rulings on wearing clothes, shoes, socks etc.are those ones ridiculous too?

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Fordzzy(m): 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
OboOlora:
Me when I see an unsecured WiFi

Lol...Does in UNN will understand this Pix well
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by toyosi15(m): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
QuietHammer:

Your username shocked

As in pvssy wey get fat? shocked
please...please and please.....permit me to say.....you’re a full blown bastard...lmao grin
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by iPopAlomo(m): 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
Baker77:
Do you know they're rulings on wearing clothes, shoes, socks etc.are those ones ridiculous too?

Uncle... the ruling on the Wi-Fi... emphasis on Wi-Fi is ridiculous...

salaam...
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by QuietHammer(m): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
toyosi15:
please...please and please.....permit me to say.....you’re a full blown bastard...lmao grin
Werey grin
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by toyosi15(m): 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
QuietHammer:

Werey grin
i didn’t think about the name at all.....lol , the name makes me wanna puke �
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by QuietHammer(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
toyosi15:
i didn’t think about the name at all.....lol , the name makes me wanna puke �

Some nairalanders no just well.

There used to be this moniker, though not that active anymore ; HonSuqMaDic grin
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by Abbey2sam(m): 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2018
MKO4ever:

And this is what I think………….

If I have a network modem or on my phone, it is my duty to keep it secured, therefore, anyone that wants to use the internet will require my consent/password. It then becomes morally and spiritually wrong when you go all the way to hack my network

But by leaving the network open and unsecured, I am giving my open consent to anyone within my coverage area that is interested in sharing with me and nothing should be wrong with that one

Ma’ Salam

Taking a look from your own angle, you're very correct...

I still think you can seek the owner's permission before using his or her property
Re: Ruling On Using Someone Else's Internet Connection by EshalA: 12:23am On Sep 01, 2020
Guys, A question is a question. Leave it be, unless you think there is something incorrect with the answer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Istikharah Prayer: Rules And Signs Of Response / How To Raise Children Into Responsible Adults / Will Muslims See God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.