Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time (44896 Views)

Nigeria Vs Equatorial Guinea -AWCON 2018 6-0 FT / Belgium Vs Panama: World Cup - 3 - 0 (Full Time) / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Sirfeeking(m): 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Good!

Politics is about choice not compulsion.

If there is a poll on Best Player in the world and Messi, Neymar, C. Ronaldo and Mikel are nominated, I can bet that 95% of Nigeria respondents will not vote for Mikel irrespective of tribe or religion

I want you to save the bolded in your memory because I would be angry with you if you don't exhibit sportsmanship in the future.Cheers..
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by styv(m): 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2018
lilbest4:
I actually don't give a damn about super eagles. You don't play rubbish all your life and expect me to start supporting you because we reside in the same country.

It's not just about the 11 players, it's about what your country represents. It is unpatriotic to wish your own country ill to the advantage of another. It's a World Cup. A competition of countries. They represent our Green White Green. They represent us as a nation. We should be loyal to our flag and anthem, no matter what, not only out if convenience. When it comes to the World Cup, I'm sorry, country supercedes club.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by oluwaahmed: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:
Halftime
What a useless Panama team, how did they qualify ahead of USA?

Donald Trump

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by bencr7: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
Who bring this banana come world cup.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by dominique(f): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
2nd half begins
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by BluntBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

He means he love Messi more than Super Eagles. That doesn't make him less patriotic or inferior, after all, there are footballers that played against their country for their adopted countries. Alex of Japan is a Brazilian that played for Japan and played against Brazil in 2006 world cup

Deco is a Brazilian that not only played against Brazil but scored a powerful free kick when both sides met in friendly.

Jerome Boateng played against Ghana in 2010 even against his own biological brother.

How much more supporters?

I love Messi more than Super Eagles (not Nigeria) and I want him to win the world cup. He has made me happy for more than a decade unlike Super Eagles that almost gave me high blood pressure in 2002.

No, bro, the guy I quoted was categorical. He said he didn't like Nigeria because Nigeria does not like him.

And as for the players you mentioned above, they have dual citizenship and they were not really playing against their countries. And when they play for their chosen countries, they do so with heart.

It is totally different from someone picking a foreign player over his own country's representatives.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by newguy1(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
How can . Panama qualify . For world cup. Na the same region dey came from with Haiti? They have no pride @ all

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Jabioro: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
By the end of 90 minutes we should be counting 12 goal to Zero.,

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Ejix4(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
carrlyleone:
Please is there a way Panama's president can call the referee that they are not doing again?

they re not doing what again? grin grin
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by XVIER(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
Top goal scorers
Ronaldo 4
Kane 4
Lukaku 4
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Litmus: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
Philpham:

not drums , they were not allowed chicken, fish brain tsk

Seems as if the drum ban was a separate incident...
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
England can't get this scoreline if they play All Stars FC in Nkpor here, but why this Panama team chose to be this useless is what I don't know undecided angry

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Willexmania(m): 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
guru03:
Penalty again, Rubbish! this game is not longer interesting.

*NO
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by dominique(f): 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
oluwaahmed:

Donald Trump

It was Donal Trump that made US not to qualify?
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by styv(m): 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Good!

Politics is about choice not compulsion.

If there is a poll on Best Player in the world and Messi, Neymar, C. Ronaldo and Mikel are nominated, I can bet that 95% of Nigeria respondents will not vote for Mikel irrespective of tribe or religion

I agree, but that's on an individual level. When the stakes are higher, like when countries are competing in the world cup, you support yours. Unless you have concrete ties to another country, eg dual citizenship, spouse or whatever, then your allegiance should be to your country. Country supercedes club IMO.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by perdollar(m): 2:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
kanelty
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by google1(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2018
So this team qualified ahead of the USA? How bleeping shit must they be....

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by styv(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

No, bro, the guy I quoted was categorical. He said he didn't like Nigeria because Nigeria does not like him.

And as for the players you mentioned above, they have dual citizenship and they were not really playing against their countries. And when they play for their chosen countries, they do so with heart.

It is totally different from someone picking a foreign player over his own country's representatives.

I really do not get their line if reasoning. It's disloyal and unpatriotic. It's that simple.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by DESAMSAMO: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
Philpham:

not drums , they were not allowed chicken, fish brain tsk
including drum
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Misterdhee1(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
Wetin Panama sef find come world cup??

=
If you're an event planner, MUA, photographer, caterer etc, list your service for free on www.planit.ng to attract more customers.
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by carammel(f): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
lilbest4:
my guy, I'm a Cristiano Ronaldo fan but we all know what Messi truly is and he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment he is getting on social media. If Nigeria crash out from group stage nobody will say much but should Argentina leave, people will forever use it to talk Messi down. He has done so much to be dragged down like that I pray Argentina seriously beat super eagles that day.

Nigerians are not mature enough to handle victory over Argentina they will surely block the streets of Russia and cause mayhem
So Nigeria should lose just because you dont want Messi to be dragged.
Who the hell is Messi that he cannot be dragged when world presidents are even insulted day in day out.

You will be put to shame with your Messi soon.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Samunique(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank you my brother.

I started watching football at the age of 6/7, specifically USA 94. Since then, no player has made football so sweet to me like Messi and Ronaldo. When Liverpool played Madrid, I supported Madrid simply because I want Ronaldo to win trophies to commensurate with his great contributions to the game as long as it isn't at the expense of Messi (or Barca). Same way I supported Portugal against France in Euro.

For me, I believe that Messi has achieved a lot to be humiliated and be given unceremoniousl world cup exit. He has consistently brought joy to a lot of football fans worldwide since 2005 and we his patriotic fans will stand by him.

If Argentina advance it will be a major boost for Messi to win the World Cup, whether he wins it or not will be another story.

Who Super Eagles epp? People that always make one heartbroken when you need them the most.

Don't worry, you and your cohorts will be shocked on Tuesday.
Quote me later !!!

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by P0intBlank(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2018
Andrez123:
England have been very ruthless and efficient on their set pieces and penalties plus a wonderful goal by Lingard, they have absolutely demolished a hopeless Panama in the 1st half.

Nigerian team can learn from this English team. They don't waste set pieces. 6 of their 7 goals have come from set pieces. Only Lingard's goal has come from open play. I love the variation on the freekick for the fourth goal.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Nickymezor(f): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Mklancee:
how did Panama manage to qualify
Good question... guess they were just lucky

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by KevinDein: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
Mehn, I can't believe some fuckktards would rather support Argentina over their country because of Messi. Argentina who systematically carried out genocide against blacks centuries ago. Can't believe the amount self hating comments I'm reading on this thread.

Used to be a Messi fan but I sincerely hope Argentina gets knocked out by the Super eagles or by any one else.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
saintkeppy:
I knew Panama go collect (Others) kinda Correct Score ie from 5-0 up from either Belgium or England.

Imagine this option on Bet9ja, assumin'they allow you to accumulate.

England - Panama
Others+Lingard to score
Others+Harry Kane to score
My brother the odds no go dey near I swear and if you nak am with 5k na to use fence block main road go remain angry
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
BluntBoy:

The truth is, has Nigeria really given him joy? You see the country owe us a lot same way we owe our country. When a society fails its people you expect such statements.

I haven't given up on Nigeria as as country but truth remains this country has failed A LOT of people save the privileged few unlike countries in the West.

Try visit travel section and notice how many people are praying to get visa to leave the country even for second world nations.

We will continue to work hard and hope things get better irrespective...
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by BluntBoy(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
AfricAryan:

You see, the Super Eagles winning the world cup won't solve ANY of Nigeria's problems. Not one.

You like Super Eagles only because you're from Nigeria. I'm not frowning on your choice.

I watch Messi week in week out. I like his style, I like How he plays. You're reacting because my choice is different from yours? Like I said, people like you are the problem with this world

This is not a matter of choice. People like you are the problem of this country (the "world" being too general). Simple loyalty is hard to come by even though it is one of your duties.

You watch Messi week in and out sums up into what? Has he done any better since the World Cup started?

Only an alien will bring such pathetic excuse to play here. Nigeria is your country, not Barcelona. Support your country. It is your duty.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by saintkeppy(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
Emekus92:

be fair. there was a contact and he made the contact with under his boot

Ofcourse there was contact, but wasn't that serious, the Iceland guy was clever, cos they needed to score by all means &see they'll be able to get a point.
50-50 chance of penalty may be awarded in such case.
Well, I have seen worst cases than that, but some Refs do over-look.
Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by KevinDein: 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
carammel:

So Nigeria should lose just because you dont want Messi to be dragged.
Who the hell is Messi that he cannot be dragged when world presidents are even insulted day in day out.

You will be put to shame with your Messi soon.
Well said.

Too many self hating iddiots on this nairaland. They don't know how dumb they sound. They are choosing Messi over their country. They do not care how over a hundred million Nigerians would feel if the Super eagles lose. Messi is more important to them.

Morrroons.

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
this scoreline reminds me of community football match in my area, it ended 13:0 officially but the other team had to score an own goal in the spirit of fair play, guess what? I was the goal keeper that year����������

Re: England Vs Panama: World Cup 2018 (6 - 1) - Full Time by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2018
dominique:
Game on!
Shock us Panama

Sorry they are not electricity grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Neymar: "Lionel Messi Is My Idol, Cristiano Ronaldo A Monster" / Iheanacho Overtakes Mikel As Eagles Highest Earner / Birmingham 2022: Olarinoye Wins Nigeria's First Gold, Makes History

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58