Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

My Experience At The Viewing Center yesterday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Experience At The Viewing Center yesterday (403 Views)

Lady Switched Off The TV At A Viewing Center & Got A Slap (Video) / How Much Do You Pay At The Viewing Centre In Your Area? / See The Hilarious Funny Prayer Banner Spotted At Viewing Center In My Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The Viewing Center yesterday by LeoFish92(m): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
So I left the comfort of my house and trotted down the street to watch the naija match, much to the dismay of my family members, but the thrill of the viewing center is always more enticing..... Especially the very one at the most notorious part of the street.

Filled to the brim, with junkies, cultists and street urchins, I marvelled at how football unites and binds us as one.

To my left was a motor park tout, dude was wearing a dirty, sleeveless Wizkid decorated top, which revealed his brownish and unshaven armpit, he croaked like a frog when ever a goal was missed.

To my right was a gayish looking young man who seemed unperturbed by the proceedings or the wild environment, with his lingerie of a cloth, he was glued to his whatsapp all through the duration of the match, I wondered what brought him there in the first place,

I looked around and saw all manner of youths and young men, some looking hungry and malnourished, others looking thuggish and dangerous, but with all these diversities, we all had one uniting factor, to cheer our country to victory,

And when Ahmed Musa scored the first goal, the whole place erupted with joy and ecstasy, the tout to my left grabbed my tiny self in celebration, shook me like yoyo bitters and screamed goal into my nostrils, the stench of his alcohol soaked mouth nearly sent me to the great beyond, the gayish looking boy to my right barely batted an eyelid!

Well, I soaked up the stench , smiled back at him and drenched myself in the fleeting fantasy and frenzied passion of the football viewing centre.

It's an experience I hope to see again when we face a bruised and battered Argentina side, it's an experience that has come to define a part of my social life.

Step aside religion, football is the new opium of the masses

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Viewing Center yesterday by oshe11: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
Football have always been......
Re: My Experience At The Viewing Center yesterday by hisgrace090: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
E don tee football de unite us na.

Musa ma guy, u too much!
Re: My Experience At The Viewing Center yesterday by HallaDaTruth: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Argentina: Referee For Crucial Group D Fixture Revealed / Are World Cup Defending Champions Cursed? / Believe...add Up On Watsapp For You 2odd Rollover...a Trial Go Convince You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.