Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Pope Francis Urges Nations To Welcome Refugees - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Urges Nations To Welcome Refugees (341 Views)

Moment Crowd Gathered To Welcome Odumeje At Anambra Airport (Video) / Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance / Church Members Kneel Down To Welcome Their Pastor.photos Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Urges Nations To Welcome Refugees by olamariamjonez(m): 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
Pope Francis is urging the nations of the world to take in as many refugees as possible.

The pontiff told reporters aboard the papal plane that he believes it is incumbent on governments to “welcome, to accompany, to place, to integrate” as many refugees as their societies can reasonably accommodate.

“Each country must do this with the virtue of government, which is prudence, and take in as many refugees as it can, as many as it can integrate, educate, give jobs to,” Francis said during the in-flight press conference, according to The Associated Press.

“We are living through a flood of refugees who are fleeing war and hunger,” the pope said.

More than 33,000 people have risked their lives to reach Europe by sea in 2018 so far, according to the United Nations Refugee Agency. About 771 are estimated to have drowned during the journey.

Francis was responding to a journalist’s question aboard the papal airplane during a trip back to Rome from Geneva.

A reporter asked him to share his thoughts on the current crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border, and the influx of migrants attempting to enter Europe.

More: https://hi247.com.ng/2018/06/22/pope-francis-urges-nations-to-welcome-refugees/

Re: Pope Francis Urges Nations To Welcome Refugees by Sarkin: 12:22am On Jun 23, 2018
Shut up!!
Let me not start listing the atrocities of the Vatican.
Re: Pope Francis Urges Nations To Welcome Refugees by TheUbermensch: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2018
Sarkin:
Shut up!!
Let me not start listing the atrocities of the Vatican.

Mr Man you are free to start listing them. No one is holding you. Those "atrocities" aren't secret. Or should I, a Catholic, help you list them!?

The Catholic church has done things, really bad things, no lies. It would even be foolish to deny them because Pope John Paul ii had to apologise for it this past century.

So stop acting like you know one big secret and treat the subject in question..

I'd have also threatened you by threatening to list out atrocities committed by Muhammad, but it won't really be a threat as every sane mind knows the atrocities. Lol.
Re: Pope Francis Urges Nations To Welcome Refugees by M0ron: 4:34am On Jun 23, 2018
olamariamjonez:
Pope Francis is urging the nations of the world to take in as many refugees as possible.

The pontiff told reporters aboard the papal plane that he believes it is incumbent on governments to “welcome, to accompany, to place, to integrate” as many refugees as their societies can reasonably accommodate.

“Each country must do this with the virtue of government, which is prudence, and take in as many refugees as it can, as many as it can integrate, educate, give jobs to,” Francis said during the in-flight press conference, according to The Associated Press.

“We are living through a flood of refugees who are fleeing war and hunger,” the pope said.

More than 33,000 people have risked their lives to reach Europe by sea in 2018 so far, according to the United Nations Refugee Agency. About 771 are estimated to have drowned during the journey.

Francis was responding to a journalist’s question aboard the papal airplane during a trip back to Rome from Geneva.

A reporter asked him to share his thoughts on the current crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border, and the influx of migrants attempting to enter Europe.

More: https://hi247.com.ng/2018/06/22/pope-francis-urges-nations-to-welcome-refugees/

How many refugees do we have in the Vatican?
Re: Pope Francis Urges Nations To Welcome Refugees by Sarkin: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Mr Man you are free to start listing them. No one is holding you. Those "atrocities" aren't secret. Or should I, a Catholic, help you list them!?

The Catholic church has done things, really bad things, no lies. It would even be foolish to deny them because Pope John Paul ii had to apologise for it this past century.

So stop acting like you know one big secret and treat the subject in question..

I'd have also threatened you by threatening to list out atrocities committed by Muhammad, but it won't really be a threat as every sane mind knows the atrocities. Lol.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Why I Collected ₦260 Million – Bishop Of Lagos Diocese Speaks Out / What Are Modern Day Idols Christians Can Worship? / Maybe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.